Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
[The special begins with a modified version of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog title sequence. A festive version of the AoStH theme song plays as Sonic jumps out of his hammock and runs around the loop. After an explosion, a scene of Sonic snowboarding, then riding a hang glider from the special is shown. After Sonic gets on the hang glider, he gets his feet out of the snowboard. Scratch and Grounder look up as the snowboard falls towards them, flattening them. The scene of Sonic running up to the iris in the AoStH title sequence is shown afterwards. A scene from the special of Sonic running around the planet Mobius is then shown. Sonic runs into the house of a little boy in a green coat and hat, who is miserbale at first, but stares in surprise as Sonic runs around his empty tree, decorating it with decorations and setting presents around it. The little boy excitedly runs up to the tree, and Sonic runs all over Planet Mobius again. A scene from the special of two robots preparing to fire a cannon at Sonic is then shown. Sonic runs around the robots, slicing the ice under them in a circle and causing it to sink. The water then throws a seal out of it. Sonic then waves at the viewers, and runs away. He runs around the planet Mobius a third time, and an explosion appears as a transition to another scene from the special, where Sonic snowboards. He splashes snow on Scratch and Grounder, who are waiting in front of a bear trap, which closes on them. Another explosion appears as a transition to another scene from the special, where Dr. Robotnik, who is dressed like Santa Claus, is seen rummaging through the presents around his tree. Another explosion appears as a transition to the scene from the AoStH title sequence, where Sonic splashes paint over Scratch, Grounder, and Coconut's pieces, which form the word, SONIC on the billboard. Sonic runs away, and the billboard transitions to show the special's title, SONIC CHRISTMAS BLAST on it. The camera zooms in on the O of SONIC, and Sonic and Tails hold up their thumbs and wink at the viewers. Snow falls, and the screen transitions to the first scene of the special, which shows a view of a forest. The camera moves over to the city of Robottropolis, where various people are seen watching a TV on a building. A little girl laughs.]
- Father: Come here! Come here!
- Person: I want something that glows!
[The Little Boy in the green coat and hat tugs on his Mom's dress.]
- Little Boy: When Santa comes on TV, do I get to tell him what I want? Do I?
[The camera moves up to the TV screen, which shows a view of Santa's workshop at the north pole.]
- Robot Santa: Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!
[Robot versions of Santa and his reindeer appear onscreen. The Little Boy gasps in delight. The Robot Santa, who is holding a cane in his right hand, jumps out of his sled, which has a rear license plate that says, HO25.]
- Robot Santa: Season's greetings to all my friends everywhere! It is with mixed feelings that I come before you toady to announce my... retirement!
- Little Boy: Your what?!
- Little Boy's Mother: Shhhh!
- People: No, Santa! Don't do it! No, Santa, we need you!
- Little Boy: No, Santa, please! It's too sad!
- Robot Santa: Don't be sad, this is happy news! This Christmas will be the best Christmas ever! Because the most wonderful person in the whole world will be taking my place! He's jolly! He's generous! He's just right for the job! Mothers, Fathers, boys and girls, I proudly introduce my replacement, your friend and mine, Robotnik Claus!
[The Robot Santa points at Dr. Robotnik, who is dressed like Santa claus. Robotnik dances with joy.]
- People: Oh, no! Not him again!
[In the next scene, Santa's Workshop shown on TV is revealed to be a set filmed in a studio by Robotnik's Robot Cameraman. Robotnik walks up to the camera and takes a bow. Outside the stage, Scratch and Grounder are both dressed like cheerleaders. Scratch is holding a megaphone in his right hand, and Grounder has two pom-poms where his drills normally are.]
- Scratch: Hooray for Robotnicholas! Bwahaha! Three cheers! Ha ha!
- Grounder: Yay for Robotnik Claus! Give us four cheers! Hooray!
[Scratch looks down at Grounder.]
- Scratch: Robotnik Claus liked my cheers best!
- Grounder: Aw, did not! My cheers were cheerier!
- Scratch: I boo your cheers!
- Dr. Robotnik: Thank you, dear friends! It is with humble heart that I gladly accept this well-deserved honor from my good friend, Santa!
[A tear rolls down Robotnik's right eye. As he wipes it away with his right index finger, the camera moves from the screen he is on down to the people, who all look at each other in confusion.]
- People: No! No! He'll ruin it! No, no!
[Inside the studio, the camera moves over from Robotnik to Scratch and Grounder.]
- Scratch: Yay! Bwahaha!
- Grounder: Yay! Yay!
[Grounder jumps as he and Scratch cheer. Scratch is now holding the megaphone in his left hand and a pom-pom in his right.]
- Scratch and Grounder: We love Robotnik Claus! He's our man!
- Scratch: Bwahaha!
- Grounder: Hee hee!
- Robotnik: And I pledge to you that I will carry on Santa's work in the best traditions of the Christmas season! However, (As he points at the viewers) you may just notice a few small changes! Ha ha ha!
[Scratch and Grounder look at each other in delight, and laugh. The screen transitions to a view outside a STACEY'S department store. The camera zooms in on the entrance, then cuts to the next scene, where various children are in line to sit on Robotnik's lap. The camera then moves over from them to Robotnik, who is sitting in a chair next to Scratch, who is dressed like an elf and holding his megaphone in his right hand.]
- Scratch: No Mothers allowed on Santa's lap! All Mothers must go shop for presents for Robotnik Claus! Children only in this part of the store!
[The Little Boy runs up to Robotnik and jumps into his lap. Robotnik picks him up.]
- Robotnik: Oh! Hello there! You're a fine little boy! And what do you plan to give Robotnik Claus for Christmas?
- Little Boy: Me? Give you?
[The Little Boy angrily punches Robotnik in his stomach.]
- Robotnik: D'oh!
- Little Boy: Put me down for nothing! This is bogus! I can't believe Santa would let you do this!
- Robotnik: Oh, uh, Helper Elf Grounder?
[Grounder, who is now dressed in a brown coat, a red scarf, and a Santa hat, rolls up to Robotnik.]
- Grounder: Yes, your Merry Yuletideship?
[Robotnik points at the Little Boy with his right index finger.]
- Robotnik: Chain this brat up in my robot factory, and teach him some Christmas spirit!
[Grounder turns his right drill into a hand, which he grabs the Little Boy with.]
- Little Boy: No! Wait! Help!
[Grounder, whose drills are now both hands, rolls away, carrying the Little Boy. The screen transitions to the next scene, where Sonic is talking to Princess Sally in the forest.]
- Sonic: You got it, Sal! Don't say another word! Our Christmas deal: no presents!
[Sonic runs away from Sally and up to Tails. Sally, wanting to talk to Sonic, holds up her left index finger.]
- Sonic: Come on, Tails! Gotta juice and cut it loose!
[Sonic runs away. Tails flies behind him, following him.]
- Tails: Where are we goin', Sonic?
- Sonic: Robottropolis! To buy Princess Sally's Christmas presents!
- Tails: But, you just said...
- Sonic: I know what we said, same as last year.
[Sonic stops under a tree.]
- Sonic: And then Sal went and gave me this great ring!
[Sonic jumps and clings onto a tree branch, revealing the ring on his left middle finger. Tails lands near him.]
- Tails: Ugh!
[A Bird emerges from the nest on the branch above. He looks down at the ring Sonic has.]
- Bird: Nice ring!
- Sonic: Thanks!
[The camera zooms in on the squiggle on Sonic's ring, and a light shines over it.]
- Bird: What's that squiggle on it mean?
- Sonic: I don't know. Neither did Sal.
[The Bird jumps out of his nest.]
- Bird: Oh, a mystery, huh? I love mysteries!
[Suddenly, the Bird loses his balance and falls out of his nest.]
- Bird: Whoa-oa-oa! Whoa-oa-oa-oa! Whoops!
[Sonic catches the Bird with his right hand and as he talks to Tails, he puts the Bird back in his nest.]
- Sonic: Sal gave me tons of other stuff, and I felt lower than a Bot's bolt! Now I finally got it figured, Tails;
[Sonic lets go of the tree branch and lands near Tails.]
- Sonic: When a princess says, "No presents", she really means two stores full!
[Sonic holds up two fingers on his right hand.]
- Tails: Are you sure you want to do this? Robottropolis is always dangerous!
[Sonic nods his head, "No", then holds up his right index finger.]
- Sonic: Not as dangerous as Sal if I don't get her any presents again! We'll zip in and zip out before Robotnik even knows we're there!
[Sonic runs towards Robottropolis.]
- Tails: Sonic! Wait up!
[Tails flies behind Sonic, following him. An image of Sonic spinning is used as a transition to the next scene, where Scratch and Grounder are outside the house of a man with yellow skin in a red shirt, a white scarf, and brown pants.]
- Grounder: Merry Christmas, citizen!
[The Man stares angrily at Scratch and Grounder.]
- Scratch: We have come hear with our hearts, filled with the spirit of Christmas giving!
- Grounder: Yeah, so start giving!
[The Man suddenly has a confused expression on his face, and he walks up to Scratch and Grounder. He begs on his knees.]
- Man: Please! I lost my job, my poor wife is sick, I had to sell all my furniture to pay my bills! The house is empty!
- Grounder: Well, that makes it easy!
[Scratch nods his head, "Yes", and holds up his right index finger.]
- Scratch: Right! No problem! We'll just take your house! Ha ha!
[Grounder turns his right drill into a whistle, and blows into it. a giant claw appears and grabs the Man's house, pulling it out from the ground.]
- Scratch: Ho ho ho!
[Grounder rolls up to Scratch.]
- Grounder: Ho ho ho ho!
[Scratch picks up Grounder and looks at him angrily, with his beak pressed against his nose.]
- Scratch: Oh yeah? Ho ho ho ho ho ho!
[The screen transitions to a view outside STACEY'S and the camera zooms in on the entrance. Inside, the shelves have been cleared, and what little toys the store does have are on the floor. Sonic and Tails are inside the store as well.]
- Sonic: I don't get it! This is the fourth store in a row that's totally empty!
[The sound of the door opening can be heard.]
- Tails: Huh?
[Tails flies up to the window and looks out it. He then looks back at Sonic.]
- Tails: Sonic! Come quick!
[Sonic runs up to the window and looks out it. He gaps when he sees Robotnik's robots loading everything available onto a conveyor belt leading to a truck with smiling faces on the mudflaps.]
- Sonic: Now that's shoplifting!
[One robot walks up to a stature of Robotnik holding up his left arm.]
- Robot: Good work, fellow bots! And now we will deliver this batch of presents to jolly old Robotnik Claus!
[The truck drives away.]
- Tails: Did he say Robotnik Claus?
[Sonic and Tails turn around.]
- Sonic: He did! And something this weird needs checking out!
[Sonic runs away, and Tails flies behind him. In the next scene, the robot driving the truck honks its horn. Sonic runs past a giant statue of Robotnik holding up his left arm, which the Little Boy walks out from behind, waving his left arm.]
- Little Boy: Mr. Sonic! Mr. Sonic!
[Sonic screeches to a halt upon hearing the Little Boy. He then runs back to him.]
- Sonic: I don't know any "Mr. Sonic", but it sounds like you need help!
[Sonic points at the little boy with his right index finger.]
- Little Boy: Everything's terrible! Santa retired!
[Tails walks up to Sonic and the Little Boy.]
- Tails: Santa retired?
- Little Boy: Yeah, and he put Robotnik Claus in his place, and Robotnik Claus sent me to a robot factory, and I escaped, and his robots are after me, and...
[Before the Little Boy can finish, two robots are seen driving a red tank. Tails stares in shock at it.]
- Tails: Watch it!
[Sonic, Tails, and the Little Boy all run behind the state of Robotnik.]
- Tails: [screams]
[The tank drives past the statue. Sonic, Tails, and the Little Boy all walk out from behind it.]
- Sonic: Did you say Santa put Robotnik Claus in his place?
[The little boy points at Sonic with his right index finger.]
- Little Boy: Yes, and you've gotta find Santa and tell him how wrong he was! Please make him come back so we'll have Christmas the way it should be!
[Just then, the sound of a crane approaching Sonic, Tails, and the little boy can be heard. The Little Boy turns to face the crane.]
- Scratch: Bwahaha!
- Sonic: Huh?
[Scratch and Grounder are revealed to be driving the crane, which has a spiked weight decorated in ribbons and wreaths in its magnetic hook. They stop the crane near Sonic, Tails, and the Little Boy.]
- Scratch: Too late, turkeys!
- Grounder: Yeah, much too late! [giggles]
- Scratch: We took Santa someplace you'll never find him!
- Grounder: Days ago! [laughs]
- Scratch: Even before jolly old Robotnik made this fake Santa Robot you saw on TV!
[Scratch points his right arm at the Robot Santa, who is sitting next to Grounder.]
- Robot Santa: And the most wonderful person in the world will be taking my place! Taking my place! T-t-t-t-taking my place! Happy holidays, my little friends!
[Scratch and Grounder drive their crane up to Sonic, Tails, and the Little boy.]
- Grounder: We got the real Santa prisoner!
[Scratch grabs the yellow lever in front of him with his right hand and pulls it.]
- Scratch: And you get this! Merry Crushmas! Bwhahaha!
- Grounder: [laughs] And a smashing new year!
[Scratch pushes the lever, which disables the magnetic hook, dropping the spiked weight. Sonic, Tails, and the Little Boy all stare up in shock at the spiked weight as it overshadows them.]
- Little Boy: [screams]
[The screen fades to black, ending the first act. The second act continues where the first act left off, as the spiked weight continues falling.]
- Scratch: Put this in your Christmas stocking!
[Sonic spins and pushes Tails and the Little Boy out of the way just in time, as the weight misses them. When it hits the ground, it creates a dust cloud.]
- Sonic: My socks are rockin'!
[Sonic, Tails, and the Little Boy watch the weight from a distance. Sonic spins up to a building, jumps off it, and lands between Scratch and Grounder in their crane. He grabs two levers, pulling the left one forward and the right one back. The crane moves its magnetic hook over Scratch, Grounder, and the Robot Santa, catching them in it.]
- Scratch: Ow! Ow! Ow-how-how-how! Ow-how-how! Put us down!
- Grounder: [yells] Help!
- Robot Santa: Ho ho ho!
[Sonic pulls the left lever back.]
- Sonic: Down? You got it!
[Sonic pulls the left lever up, releasing Scratch, Grounder, and the Santa Robot from the magnetic hook, and causing it to drop them.]
- Scratch: Whoa-ho-ho-ho!
- Grounder: [screams]
- Robot Santa: Happy holidays!
[Scratch, Grounder, and the Santa Robot all land with a crash, creating a dust cloud.]
- Scratch and Grounder: Ugh!
[The dust cloud clears, revealing Scratch, Grounder, and the Robot Santa to all be in pieces.]
- Robot Santa: Each turn, I tide in my reindeer and put my red suit out my pasture.
[An eyeball on a spring pops out of the Santa Robot's head. Scratch picks up his right arm with his left hand and puts it back on his body, and Grounder picks up his head with his right hand. Sonic, who is now disguised as a garbage collector, walks up to them, pushing a cart with a trash can on it.]
- Sonic: Ah, litter patrol! You'll have to clean up this trash immediately, and pay a fine of ten thousand Robotnibucks!
[As Grounder talks to Sonic, he puts his head back on his body.]
- Grounder: But it wasn't our fault!
[As Scratch talks to Sonic, he picks up his left leg with both his hands and puts it back on his body.]
- Scratch: Yeah! It was that pesky hedgehog!
[As Sonic talks to Scratch and Grounder, he finds Grounder's right arm and picks it up with his left hand.]
- Sonic: Really? Pesky? If there's one thing I hate, it's pesky hedgehogs!
[As Grounder talks to Sonic, he grabs his right arm with his left hand and puts it back on his body.]
- Grounder: Aw, thanks! This one is the peskiest!
- Sonic: Lookie here, I'll forget the fine if you tell me where the real Santa Claus is!
- Grounder: Really? That's so decent of you!
- Scratch: Yeah, really decent! He's in an ice cave...
[Before Scratch can finish, Grounder pushes him down.]
- Scratch: Oh!
- Grounder: Yeah! Seven miles south of the North Pole!
- Sonic: Thanks, guys!
[Sonic removes his mustache with his left hand and tosses it aside.]
- Sonic: Now when you pull yourselves together again, jump in this garbage can!
[Sonic runs up to the cart with the trash can, losing his hat in the process. He pushes the cart at Scratch and Grounder with both his hands. Scratch and Grounder both stare in shock and scream as the cart runs into them.] [Scratch and Grounder flinch, and the cart crashes into them, smashing them to pieces and creating a dust cloud. Sonic runs away, and when the dust clears, Scratch and Grounder are revealed to be in pieces.]
- Grounder: I'm afraid we'll have to report this to Jolly old Robotnik Claus!
- Scratch: Tell you what, old buddy. As my Christmas present to you, I'll let you do it!
- Grounder: Huh?
[The screen transitions to the next scene, where a robot is standing next to a pulley with a load of bricks. The camera focues on the load of bricks as it is pulled up, past a robot hammering in a nail, until it reaches a robot welding a chimney at the top. Two robots are now seen building another chimney as the load of bricks is lifted past them. A view of Robotnik's fortress, which in this special is shown to be a castle shaped like a giant letter R is shown as various robots build chimneys on the roof. Robotnik flies past his fortress in a helicopter. Seated next to him is a green robot who looks like a cross between Heavy from Knuckles' Chaotix and Humpty from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.]
- Robotnik: I want more chimneys! More!
- Green Robot: But, Dr. Robotnik Claus, we already built you dozens!
- Robotnik: I want hundreds! Thousands! Enough so that every citizen in Robottropolis can come down one on Christmas night, and bring me huge bags of presents!
- Green Robot: Uh, I'll take care of it, Doctor! I-I'll take care of it immediately!
[Below, Scratch and Grounder are seen signaling Robotnik with their right arms. Grounder is speaking into a transmitter where his left drill normally is.]
- Grounder: Mayday! Mayday! Uh, I'm afraid we have a slight problem, your Happy Holidayness!
[The screen transitions to the next scene, where Robotnik angrily walks up to Scratch and Grounder, with the Green Robot following behind.]
- Robotnik: You incompetent fools! I was going to send you a Christmas card, but now you get nothing!
[Scratch and Grounder tremble in fear, and Scratch loses his balance.]
- Scratch: Whoa-ho-ho-ho!
[Robotnik turns his attention to the Green Robot.]
- Robotnik: Listen to me, you sniveling toady robot! Get on the radio and alert the Santa-Sentry Swatbots to prepare for an attack! (As he turns back to Scratch and Grounder) And you two bolt-dolts, get up there! This is your chance to deliver me the one Christmas present that will really make me happy: Sonic the Hedgehog!
[The screen transitions to the next scene, which takes place at the North Pole. Sonic is pushing a sled that Tails is riding, and Tails shivers.]
- Tails: I wish we'd... stopped for my long johns! (As he points ahead with his right index finger) "Sonic! Swatbots ahead!
[The prison cell where Santa is being held prisoner is revealed to be guarded by several Swatbots.]
- Sonic: Must be the cave where they're keeping Santa!
[Just then, the door to the cave opens, and a giant cannon moves out, firing at Sonic and Tails, who both stare in shock at it.]
- Sonic and Tails: [both scream]
[The cannon fires a stalactite at Sonic and Tails. The stalactite lands just in front of their sled.]
- Sonic: We're getting a real cold reception!
[Two more stalactites are fired, and they land near Sonic and Tails.]
- Tails: And it's gettin' colder!
[Another stalactite lands near Sonic and Tails. As more stalactites are fired towards them, Sonic runs past them.]
- Sonic: Ah, chill out, Tails! We're gonna burn those bots!
[Sonic stops near the cannon and waves at the two robots near it with his right hand.]
- Sonic: Just figured I'd stop by and break the ice!
[Sonic runs a circle around the cannon, cutting a circle of ice.]
- Sonic: Drop in anytime!
[The circle with the robots and the cannon on it sinks. A seal is launched from the water, and it barks. Sonic waves at it with his right hand, then runs into the cave. He stops in between several robots aiming their lasers at him. Sonic looks over at the robots.]
- Sonic: Ready, aim, fire!
[Sonic runs away, and the robots all fire at him. They miss, and he stops and smiles. The sounds of robots crashing can be heard, implying the lasers zapped them and broke them to pieces. Sonic then walks across the cave.]
- Sonic: Santa? Are you there? It's me, Sonic?
- Santa Claus: Sonic?
[Sonic looks over, then smiles. He runs up to Santa, who is behind an iron door.]
- Santa: I've never been so glad to see anyone in my whole life!
[Sonic grabs the door latch with his left hand and pushes it, unlocking the door. He then pushes the door open with both his hands.]
- Sonic: And I'm glad to see you! Now the world can have a real Christmas!
[Santa walks out of his prison cell.]
- Santa: We don't have much time to load up my presents! Get me to my workshop!
[An image of Sonic spinning is used as a transition to the next scene, where Sonic, Tails, and Santa arrive at Santa's workshop in the North Pole, where an Elf is waiting.]
- Elf: Everything, every doll, every toy, Robotnik Claus stole them all!
- Tails: Just like he stole every present from every store!
- Santa: Robotnik Claus is the only person who'll get presents this year!
[Sonic holds up his left index finger.]
- Sonic: There's gotta be something we can do!
- Santa: No, Sonic! It's hopeless! Christmas can't happen for anybody else! Robotnik Claus has destroyed it!
[The screen fades to black, ending act two.The third act continues where the second act left off. Santa is now sitting sadly on a bench, which Sonic, Tails, and the Elf are standing near.]
- Santa: I never thought I'd see the day: no Christmas!
[Sonic jumps and lands near Santa.]
- Sonic: We still got a couple hours! (as he runs onto a candy cane) I could zip down to Robotnik Claus' castle, (as he pops out of a tree) take all the stolen presents back, (as he runs back to Santa) and then help you deliver em'!
[Santa picks Sonic up and sets him down next to him on the bench.]
- Santa: We're talking millions of presents to recapture, and millions of presents to deliver! Wouldn't even be half through by the Fourth of July!
[Tails frowns and sits down next to sonic on the bench.]
- Tails: So what are we gonna do?
[The camera moves over to Sonic.]
- Sonic: Yeah, what?
[The camera zooms in on the ring Sonic is wearing, which Santa suddenly notices.]
- Santa: By jingle! (as he gets off the bench) Where did you get that ring?
[Sonic shows Santa the ring, which a light shines off.]
- Sonic: Princess Sally gave it to me last Christmas, but this'll be the second year I haven't given her any presents!
[Santa walks away.]
- Santa: Follow me! This may be the answer to everything!
[Sonic and Tails jump off the bench, and the Elf walks up to them.]
- Sonic: Huh?
[The screen transitions to the next scene, where Santa leads Sonic, Tails, and the Elf back into the cave where he was held prisoner by Robotnik.]
- Santa: I discovered these ancient pictographs when Robotnik's Swatbots held me prisoner down here!
[Santa shows Sonic, Tails, and the Elf a pictograph of a hand , a +, the ring Sonic is wearing, an =, and a lightning bolt. Sonic walks up to Santa, who points at the pictograph with his right index finger.]
- Santa: Now take a look at this one!
- Tails: Look! It matches the squiggles on Sonic's ring!
[Sonic looks over at the ring on his middle finger. A light shines on it.]
- Santa: Whoever has that ring you're wearing can unlock the secret of ultimate velocity!
- Sonic: Super speed?
- Santa: Extremely super! But to gain that power, you must master all of the impossible challenges!
- Sonic: So enough stallin', let's get haulin'! What do I do?
[Santa turns to face a pictograph of Icepick Peak and points at it with his left index finger.]
- Santa: First, you must climb Icepick Peak!
[The camera zooms in on the pictograph, and the screen transitions to the next scene, where a view of the top of Icepick peak is shown. The camera moves down to Sonic, Tails, Santa, and the Elf, who are all at the bottom.]
- Sonic: No problem!
[Sonic runs up Icepick Peak, and Tails and the Elf watch in amazement. The Elf waves with her right hand.]
- Tails: There he is!
[The camera moves over to Santa,who is waving with his right hand. It then moves up to the top of Icepick Peak, where Sonic is. In the next scene, Santa is carrying a snowboard in his left arm. Sonic follows behind him. When they stop, Santa sets the snowboard down with his right hand.]
- Santa: Your second challenge is to snowboard down Calamity Cliffs!
[The camera moves from Sonic, Tails, Santa, and the Elf, and down Calamity Cliffs. Sonic gets on the snowboard and looks down below. He then jumps off the cliff and starts snowboarding.]
- Sonic: Whoa-oa! Oof! Whoa-oa!
[A view through some binoculars can be seen as Sonic is now snowboarding down Calamity Cliffs.]
- Sonic: Whoa! Ugh!
[Scratch is revealed to be looking through the binoculars, which he is holding in both his hands, as he is standing near a bear trap.]
- Scratch: It's that hedgehog, all right!
[Scratch grunts as he gets in and out of the bear trap, which Grounder is also standing next to.]
- Scratch: We got him this time, we really got him! [laughs]
- Grounder: [laughs]
[Sonic snowboards towards Scratch and Grounder.]
- Sonic: Bots!
[Sonic splashes snow on Scratch and Grounder.]
- Scratch: No-ho-ho-ho!
- Grounder: [yells]
[The bear trap goes off, trapping Scratch and Grounder in it.]
- Scratch: Oh-ho!
- Grounder: Ugh!
- Scratch: This is all your fault!
- Grounder: It is not!
- Scratch and Grounder: It was your idea!
- Grounder: Oh, get up and help me find my head!
- Scratch: D'oh!
[Sonic continues snowboarding, until he comes to a hang glider. He grabs the hang glider with both his hands and flies away on it.]
- Sonic: Ugh!
[Sonic circles around a mountain, and Scratch and Grounder walk up another.]
- Scratch: You could have warned me to get out of the way!
[Scratch pushes Grounder with both his hands.]
- Grounder: Ugh! Yeah, well, you could have told me the trap was that close!
[Grounder pushes Scratch with both his drills.]
- Scratch: Oh-ho!
[Scratch and Grounder grunt as they both push each other. Sonic, who is flying above them in the hang glider, gets his feet out of the snowboard, which falls towards Scratch and Grounder.]
- Scratch: Oh, sure! And whose idea was it in the first... (as he looks up at the snowboard falling towards him and Grounder) Whoa-ho!
[Grounder looks up at the snowboard falling towards him and Scratch.]
- Grounder: Uh-oh!
- Scratch: It's falling towards us!
[The snowboard lands on Scratch and Grounder, flatting them!]
- Scratch: Ow-how-how-how-how!
- Grounder: Ow!
[Scratch points at Grounder with his left index finger.]
- Scratch: You should have warned me!
[Sonic flies on the hang glider, until he reaches a bicycle. He lands on it, then starts pedaling it, panting heavily as he does. He reaches an icy lake and jumps off a cliff, landing on an icy bridge.]
- Sonic: Oof!
[The ice bridge below Sonic begins to crumble.]
- Sonic: [yells] Ugh!
[Sonic pedals away just before the ice bridge can take him down. He looks back at it, then forward at two ice walls about to close in on each other. He stares in shock at the ice walls and gasps, then pedals through them before they can close in on him. He looks back at them, then forward at what is ahead and stares in shock.]
- Sonic: Huh?
[Sonic sees a low tunnel in the ice mountain ahead. He approaches the tunnel, jumps off the bicycle, runs to the other side of the tunnel, and jumps back on the bicycle.]
- Sonic: Ugh! (as he pedals over rocky ice terrain) Whoa! Ooh! Ugh! Whoa-oa-oa-oa-oa! Ugh!
[Sonic pedals into a lake. He gurgles in it, sending bubbles up to the surface. He pedals out the other side, revealing him to now have a fish in his mouth. He looks down at the fish.]
- Sonic: Huh?
[A Polar Bear walks up to Sonic. They both stare at each other, and Sonic crashes into the Polar Bear.]
- Sonic: Oof!
[The Polar Bear rises. He now has the fish in his mouth and looks down at it in delight. Sonic pedals across an icy bridge, an an image of him spinning is used as a transition to the next scene, where he sees Santa at his workshop that night.]
- Santa: You met every challenge! You won the power of ultimate velocity supersonicness and extreme speed, but I'm afraid it's too late to save Christmas!
[Sonic holds out his left hand and waves it at Santa in disagreement.]
- Sonic: Nah! We still got a few minutes!
[Sonic runs away. In the next scene, the camera zooms in on the outside of Robotnik's fortress. Inside, a light shines on the star atop Robotnik's tree, and the camera moves down to Robotnik, who is rummaging through the presents around it.]
- Robotnik : (singing to the tune of Happy Birthday To You) Merry Christmas to me! Merry Christmas to meee! (speaking) Ah, happiness is always so much more enjoyable when it's based on the misery of millions!
[Just then, Sonic spins in, and runs around Robotnik, his tree, and his presents.]
- Robotnik: Whoa-oa-oa! Whoa!
[Sonic takes back every present under the tree. He also strips the tree of its ornaments, and Robotnik of his Santa Claus clothes, leaving him wearing only white boxer shorts with pink hearts.]
- Robotnik: What is the meaning of this? What happened? Oh!
[The Green Robot walks in.]
- Green Robot: It must have been Sonic, Sir! He captured every present you stole!
- Robotnik: I hate that hedgehog! I hate him! That vile, little creature! That prickly vermin!
[Robotnik grumbles unintelligibly. The screen transitions to a view of Sonic running around the planet Mobius. In his house, the camera moves over to the Little Boy, who is sitting sadly on the couch. His tree has no presents under it or ornaments on it. Sonic runs past him, and he stares in shock.]
- Little Boy: What the?
[Sonic puts the ornaments on the Little Boy's tree, and some presents under it, then runs away. The Little Boy runs up to his tree and stares at it happily. He then runs up to his window, opens it with both his hands, and looks out it.]
- Little Boy: Thank you, Sonic, and Merry Christmas!
[The screen transitions to the next scene, where it is snowing in the forest. Sally is sitting next to a campfire. Sonic runs up to her with a pile of presents in his arms.]
- Sonic: Merry Christmas, Sal!
[Sonic drops the pile of presents, and Sally gasps as they land near her.]
- Sonic: I know we said no presents, but the one you gave me last year really came in handy!
[Sonic walks up to the pile of presents. He picks up the one covering Sally's head with his right hand, and Sally pokes her head out from underneath. Sonic then picks up some mistletoe with his left hand and holds it up between him and Sally.]
- Sonic: Uh, mistletoe!
[Sonic kisses Sally on her forehead and puts the present in his right hand back over her head. He runs away, and an image of him spinning is used as a transition to the next scene, where Sonic is back at Santa's Workshop. Santa is standing next to Tails and the Elf.]
- Santa: Amazing! You did it! You brought Christmas to the whole world!
- [Sonic smiles and shrugs]
- Sonic: Welllll...
- Santa: I'm impressed! Really impressed! In fact, I think that Robot Santa was right; It's time for me to retire and turn my job over to you!
[Sonic stares in shock when he hears this.]
- Sonic: Me?
[Santa picks up his hat with both his hands and puts it on Sonic's head.]
- Tails: Wow! That's great! Now you're Sonic Claus!
[Tails points at Sonic with his right index finger. Sonic grabs Santa's hat with both his hands, removes it, and looks inside.]
- Sonic: Sonic Claus?
[The Elf walks up to Sonic. She grabs Santa's hat with both her hands, takes it from him, and puts it back on his head. She then reaches behind her back, pulls out a mirror, which she is now holding in her right hand, and shows Sonic what he looks like in it.]
- Sonic: Sonic Claus!
[Sonic smiles at the camera, and Tails runs up to him, putting his right hand on his back.]
- Tails (to the viewers): And he wishes all of you a merry Christmas!
[As Sonic talks to the viewers, he waves at them with his right hand, and Tails waves at them with his left.]
- Sonic (to the viewers): The kid's rank; an extremely merry Christmas, every year of your life.
[The camera zooms out on Sonic and Tails, revealing Santa and the Elf behind them. The screen fades to black, and the credits roll, featuring still images of scenes from the special.]