Sonic is the boss of Dead Line in Blaze the Cat's storyline and the seventh boss of Sonic Rush in said scenario. He is encountered after clearing Dead Line Act 2, and is fought with Blaze the Cat.
Like other boss battles in Sonic Rush, the battle against Sonic is fought on an linear plaform that the player cannot fall off, but is unable to perform the Super Boost/Fire Boost on. The entire battle takes place in a 2.5D perspective, except for the final part where the camera shifts perspective depending on which character is winning, with Dr. Eggman hovering in the background in his Egg Mobile.
When fighting Sonic, Blaze can walk into Sonic without talking damage, although she will get slightly repelled when touching him this way. In battle, the player's best option is to avoid Sonic's attacks and hit him with an Axel Jump or Burst Dash while he walks around or is standing still, which is when Sonic has finished an attack or is not actively making any movement. At times though, Sonic will jump backwards to avoid Blaze's attacks. Also, as Sonic's Health Gauge is depleted, Sonic will start utilizing more attacks. The attack patterns exhibited by Sonic over the course of most of the boss battle include the following:
- Sonic will perform a simple Spin Jump into the air and land safely on the ground. Attacking Sonic while he is performing the Spin Jump will only slightly repel Blaze away from him without either character taking damage. The player's best option is to dodge this attack and wait for Sonic to land and then attack him themselves
- Sonic will rev up in one place and launch a Spin Dash about two seconds later. If Blaze gets rammed by Sonic while he is rolling around as a ball, she will take damage. However, the attack can be avoid by jumping over Sonic as he rolls forward. While Sonic is revving up, he will be invulnerable to damage and bounce Blaze away from him if she attacks him. The player's best option is to wait for Sonic to launch the Spin Dash, dodge it, and then attack him when he stands up.
- Sonic will Spin Jump into the air before starting to hover in midair while spinning. Sonic will then begin locking onto Blaze's position before trying to launch himself into Blaze at high speed with a Spin Attack. Getting hit when Sonic launches himself will damage Blaze. Furthermore, the attack cannot be interrupted. However, the attack can be avoided if the player moves away just as it is launched. Once Sonic is standing upright on the ground after landing, he will be open to attack.
- Sonic will jump upward and begin circling around in the air, creating a tornado similar to the Blue Tornado that will try to suck Blaze in. However, she can counter the suction effect by moving away from the tornado, either by running or Axel Jumping. Touching the tornado in any way will damage Blaze. After a few seconds, Sonic will cease with the tornado, hover over Blaze and try performing the tornado on top of her. This tornado maneuver can be performed up to four times in a row. The player's best option is to watch Sonic's movements closely and run away when he tries to stir up the tornado. After finishing with the tornados, Sonic will then either fall down on the ground or home in on Blaze, leaving him open to attack.
When Sonic is down to his last hit point, a small cutscene will play. Afterward, Blaze and Sonic will charge up their respective boost maneuvers and ram into each other, trying to push each other off the platform. When this happens, a Real-Time Interaction will appear on the screen that tells the player to rapidly press and . If done correctly, Blaze will slowly push Sonic towards his respective edge on the platform and eventually send him flying off of it, ending the boss battle in the player's victory. If the player fails this Real-time Interaction however, Blaze will be pushed slowly to her respective edge of the platform before she is sent flying off of it and lose a life, regardless of whether the player has Rings. The character that is likely to win will have white flashes that appear are mostly displayed on the losing character while the camera slowly shifts behind the winning character.
|"Vela Nova"||Composed by: Hideki Naganuma
Arranged by: Hideki Naganuma
|"Vela-Nova (Part 2)"||Composed by: Hideki Naganuma
Arranged by: Hideki Naganuma
- ソニックラッシュ最強攻略ガイド. Shogakukan. 20 January 2006. ISBN 978-4091062741.
- Flynn, Ian; Sega (8 December 2021). "Sonic Rush". Sonic the Hedgehog Encyclo-speed-ia. Dark Horse Books. p. 161. ISBN 978-1506719276. "Sonic/Blaze - The heroes reach an impasse and come to blows. Blaze fills the arena with pillars of flame, while Sonic whips up tornadoes."