Sonic & Knuckles is a paperback storybook written by Michael Teitelbaum and illustrated by Ron Zalme. It was published by Troll Associates in November 1995.
- Beware the Chaos Emeralds!
- Whoever finds the magical emeralds can control Mobius once and for all. So, naturaly, the evil Dr. Robotnik wants to steal them.
- The precious stones have a guardian — a mysterious creature named Knuckles. But Robotnok has just tricked Knuckles into believing that Sonic The Hedgehog wants to steal the emeralds himself.
- In this thrilling story, Sonic meets Knuckles for the first time. Will they become friends — or enemies? And who will gain control of the Chaos Emeralds?
- Dr. Robotnik
- Knothole Freedom Fighters
- An illustration from Chapter 5 depicts Tails with the Freedom Fighters, although Tails did not accompany the group on the mission.
- Despite Sally having her blue vest from season two of the Sonic the Hedgehog television series, the rest of the Knothole Freedom Fighters appear to have their designs from season one.