- For the political body that appears in the comics published by IDW Publishing, see Sol Empire (IDW).
Not much has been revealed about the Sol Empire. Despite being called an empire, it is referred to as a "kingdom" and is ruled by a royal family. This family rules from a castle and deals with public affairs. They also safeguard the Jeweled Scepter, a powerful and ancient national treasure of the Sol Empire. It is also the duty of the Sol Empire's imperial princess to protect the Sol Emeralds, which are relics of nearly unlimited power. Due to how the imperial princess Blaze the Cat is also able to go unchaperoned due to how powerful she is, it can be speculated that the imperial household is rather broad-minded too.
The people of the Sol Empire are noted to be amicable given their friendly treatment of the common people.
For generations, Blaze the Cat's royal family has ruled over the Sol Empire, protecting the Jeweled Scepter. Also, as per custom, the Sol Empire's imperial princess has held the duty of guarding the all-powerful Sol Emeralds.
In the present day, Blaze has ruled the Sol Empire as its imperial princess. When she assumed that mantle, she also became the protector of the Sol Emeralds.
Sonic Rush series
In Sonic Rush, the Sol Empire's Sol Emeralds got stolen by Dr. Eggman and brought to Sonic's world. Fortunately, Blaze got them back before the Sol Emeralds' absence led to the destruction of the dimension.
Sonic Rush Adventure
In Sonic Rush Adventure, the Sol Empire had its prized Jeweled Scepter retrieved from Captain Whisker and his crew, only for it to be stolen again by Dr. Eggman and Eggman Nega. When the villains later harnessed the Power of the Stars with the scepter, Eggman Nega threatened to destroy the Sol Empire with that power. Fortunately, he was stopped by Sonic and Blaze.
In other media
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by IDW Publishing, the Sol Empire is a kingdom on Blaze's world, ruled by Blaze. Its past is virtually identical to its game counterpart's, up until after the events of Sonic Forces.
- Flynn, Ian; Sega (8 December 2021). "Sonic Rush". Sonic the Hedgehog Encyclo-speed-ia. Dark Horse Books. p. 161. ISBN 978-1506719276. "Blaze the Cat - The imperial princess of the Sol Empire and guardian of the Sol Emeralds."
- ソニック委員会・ザ・ムービー on Twitter (Japanese). Twitter. Sega (23 November 2020). Archived from the original on 23 November 2020.
- Sonic Team, Dimps (14 September 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Area/Level: Deep Core. "Eggman Nega: It was your royal family that kept the scepter nice and safe for all these generations. Now that they've served that purpose, though, I have no further need of them. It will take only a fraction of this power to wipe your kingdom off the map! Haahaha!"
- Sega (2 November 2021). ソニック ＆ ブレイズ 後編 (Japanese). かべがみカバーストーリー. Sonic Channel. Archived from the original on 2 November 2021.
- Sonic Team, Dimps (14 September 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Area/Level: Coral Cave. "Blaze: Those pirates have gotten their hands on the Jeweled Scepter. It's an ancient treasure from my homeland, and I've got to get it back right away!"
- Sonic Team, Dimps (15 November 2005). Sonic Rush. Nintendo DS. Sega. Area/Level: Exception. "Burning Blaze: I understand now... My inherent power over fire... As princess, it is my duty to protect the Sol Emeralds."
- Sega (5 November 2021). ソニック ＆ ブレイズ キャラ紹介 (Japanese). かべがみカバーストーリー. Sonic Channel. Archived from the original on 5 November 2021.