Silver's future is the alternate timeline approximately two hundred years into the future that Silver the Hedgehog comes from.
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Iblis had devastated the planet for two centuries after the "Iblis Trigger" released it at the time of Princess Elise's death because Sonic could not save her from a plane crash. Despite many attempts to destroy Iblis, Silver and Blaze were unable to and as such went back through time to kill the "Iblis Trigger". The future was presumably changed for the worse when Mephiles the Dark fused with Iblis to become Solaris. However, when Elise and Sonic went back through time to extinguish the flame that would become Solaris, the future was changed yet again.
Sonic Rivals 2
In Sonic Rivals 2, the world of Silver's future got destroyed by the Ifrit, who had been released by Eggman Nega when the mad scientist went back in time. Silver once again headed back through time to change the future, and after confronting Eggman Nega in the Ifrit's dimension (which, according to Silver, greatly resembled his own future), the Ifrit and Eggman Nega were sealed away within that dimension, presumably altering the future for the better.
In Sonic Forces, after the Phantom Ruby surfaced in the past of Silver's dimension, Silver's future ended up being ruined yet again by a catastrophe of some kind. However, because everything about said catastrophe was either expunged or did not make sense, Silver promptly returned to Sonic's time to avert the catastrophe. Presumably, Silver's future ended up being saved after the Resistance won the War to Take Back the Planet.
Team Sonic Racing
In other media
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, Silver's future also occurs two-hundred years into the future in the year "3437 P.X.E.", this time in Mobius Prime's timeline. Due to the treachery of one of the Legendary Freedom Fighters, they were all destroyed and Silver's future was doomed without them. After several failed visits to the past to prevent this devastation from happening, Silver discovered his era's ruin was due to Mecha Sally's actions, but when he sat out to stop her, the Multiverse was forever changed by the Genesis Wave.
Following the events of Worlds Collide, Silver's future became virtually indistinguishable from the games. In addition to Silver, individuals like Professor Von Schlemmer and Gold the Tenrec inhabit this era as well.
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by IDW Publishing, Silver's future is best known as the home era of Silver the Hedgehog. Like in the games, the nature of this era often changes due to Silver's time traveling altering the past. However, it is usually in differing states of turmoil due to various unrelated events that occur in the past, the reason Silver time travels in the first place. Otherwise, it is virtually identical to its game counterpart, up until after the events of Sonic Forces.
Prior to the comics, Silver had to leave his era to save the world from Dr. Eggman's influence, which was still felt two hundred years after the Eggman War. In this version of Silver's era, the world's inhabitants lived in fear and pollution. Upon his return, however, Silver found his future completely devastated, with no people and only spare metallic plant life. For this reason, he once again traveled back to Sonic's time. Later, it turned out that this state of his world was caused by the Metal Virus, which had infected all organic beings and turned them into Zombots, who then disintegrated within two hundred years. After the Metal Virus was eradicated, Silver was able to go back to his era which had been properly restored.
- According to the English sites for Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), it is the norm in Silver's future for people to possess psychic powers, and the people of this time are described as being powerful and regularly moving objects using telekinesis.
- Ian Flynn has stated that Sega has implied to him that Silver's future is similar to Future Trunks' dimension (timeline) from Dragon Ball Z.
- Despite this explanation, unlike Future Trunks' future, whose timeline is not affected when he helps change the present (which would be another alternate timeline), Silver's future is effectively changed whenever he or someone else changes the present, as evidenced through Sonic Forces and Sonic Forces: Stress Test.
- BradyGames (1 November 2011). Sonic Generations Official Strategy Guide. BradyGames. ISBN 978-0761555100. "Crisis City originally appeared in the 15th anniversary edition of Sonic the Hedgehog, also known as Sonic 2006. The stage is set 200 years in the future, in an alternate timeline where a giant monster named Iblis has been unleashed following the plane crash of Princess Elise III of Soleanna. Sonic's time travel and attempted to rescue her, which failed, is said to have triggered the release of Iblis and the World's ruination. Many assume that Crisis city is the ruins of Soleanna, though this has never been confirmed...."
- Sonic Forces: Stress Test, "Stress Test"
- Sega. Sonic the Hedgehog European site. Characters: Silver the Hedgehog. Archived from the original on December 10 2006. Retrieved on 15 March 2007. "Silver lives light years in the future where psychic abilities are the norm. The happy people of his planet are very powerful and they regularly move objects with their mind using telekinetic powers. One day, Silver witnesses the start of a cataclysmic event that will surely wipe out his entire planet. Without hesitation, he races back in time to stop the Iblis Trigger. With the very future in his hands, he will use all his power to defeat this evil-doer. Does he have the wrong guy?"
- BumbleKast Q&A for August 10th, 2020. YouTube. BumbleKing Videos (10 August 2020). Retrieved on 16 August 2020.