A newly developed large Centipede type Badnik designed for use in desert areas. You never know when they will suddenly emerge from quicksand, and be mindful of its robust body that is resistant to attacks.
— Description, Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II Website
The Sandworms are colossal, Centipede-based Badnik. They possess massive and long segmented bodies with several sets of clawed black and yellow feet. They each also have what appears to be a yellow pincher on the tip of their tails, and they hav yellow and black spikes running down their backs each. Lastly, they have black eyes, a yellow and black horn on each of their foreheads, and a large metallic gray jaw with serrated teeth.
In Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II, the Sandworms only appear in Oil Desert Zone. In gameplay, they can only be found in the quicksand sections, where they will come diving out of the quicksand to attack the playable characters when they approach. In addition, they are invulnerable to any of the player's attacks, making them indestructible.
Powers and abilities
Being designed for desert areas, the Sandworms are able to burrow through sand and quicksand like it was water. In addition, they possess robust bodies that are resistant to attacks.
In other media
- Sandworm is the only Badnik that appears in Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II to be an entirely different Badnik with the same name as a previous one.
- Sandworm is the only Badnik in Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II that is resistant to every type of attack. Therefore, it is impossible to tell if it contains an animal.
- Sandworm's Japanese name likely comes from do, meaning "soil", and the English word "worm".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sega. Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II official website. Badniks: Sandworm. Sega. Archived from the original on 24 May 2019.
- ↑ Sega. Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II official website (Japanese). Characters: Metal Sonic. Sega. Archived from the original on 17 August 2017. Retrieved on 30 July 2015.