- For the version of this group before the Super Genesis Wave, see Honor Guard.
The Royal Guard is a group that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a defense force of mobians in the Kingdom of Acorn. Its purpose is to protect the monarchy and the kingdom.
The guard came to Princess Sally's aid when Metal Sonic attacked her in Mobotropolis shortly before the Shattered World Crisis began, but were woefully outmatched by the robotic Hedgehog. Fortunately, Sonic the Hedgehog arrived just in time to save the Guard from worse injuries, and several guardsmen were present upon Sally's reunion with her father King Acorn. Sadly, the next attack on Mobotropolis came from M'egga Man of the Roboticized Masters, who decimated the guard easily on his way to Castle Acorn. They were later amongst the residents of Mobotropolis and Mega City aided by the Freedom Fighters and the Wily Robot Masters as Sonic's World and Earth in the year 20XX were fused together into a Unified World.
The Hooligans soon invaded Mobotropolis alongside the Witchcarters and Metal Sonic. The Royal Guard bravely fought against the villains but failed to prevent them from stealing the Chaos Emeralds and Gaia Keys. The Royal Guard were later tasked with watching over the Hidden Palace Zone.
The Royal Guards uniform include white berets and belts, white gloves with red cuffs, and red boots with white cuffs and buckle, with some members wearing additional clothing.
- The boots worn by Sally Acorn are identical in design to the ones worn by the Royal Guard, hinting she may have received them from the Guard.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Universe #90, "Shattered Finale: Restoration"
- ↑ Sonic Super Digest #8, "Sonic Comic Origins - Little Lost Soldier"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #256, "Countdown to Chaos Finale: The Princess and The Hammer"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #8, "Worlds Unite Part Two: Broken Heroes"
- ↑ Mega Man #50, "Worlds Unite Part Four: Death and Destruction"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog#284, "Panic in the Sky Part One: The Best Laid Plans"