Rotor Walrus (born 3219) is the Light Mobius version of Mobius Prime's Rotor Walrus. He was the emissary of the Kingdom of Acorn, helping to arrange meetings between the royal family and other groups. He continued various side projects regarding mechanics and inventions, often in secret alongside Cobar. After the timeline was altered, Rotor was imprisoned by King Shadow for having retained his memories from the previous timeline, but was eventually rescued by the combined efforts of Lara-Su, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.
Mobius: 25 Years Later (unaltered)
In this timeline, he is a close advisor to the royal family, helping them with their royal duties. However, through unknown means he and Cobar, a fellow scientist, discovered that there was damage to the temporal space-time continuum that, if left unrepaired, could cause Mobius to cease to exist. He later shared this information with Sonic, Sally, and Tails. They reached the solution to use the Tachyon Displacement Chamber Eggman created before his demise so that Knuckles (who was informed by Rotor at an earlier time) and Sonic could go back in time to prevent Mobius's destruction. However, while any danger to Mobius was averted, the status quo of the timeline was forever changed.
Mobius: 25 Years Later (altered)
Due to his Chaos powers, Shadow knew the timeline had been altered, and in order to prevent the timeline from being reverted, he had Rotor and Cobar imprisoned, with Cobar presumably killed, while Rotor was tortured and beaten by Lien-Da. Rotor was later reunited with Sonic, Tails, and Lara-Su. They were later freed by Knuckles, who as it turned out, still had his memories of the previous timeline, and Rotor was taken to the hospital by Lara-Su.
- Rotor's one of two former Freedom Fighters in the future that is not married or has had children in Mobius: 25 Years Later, the other being Dulcy.
- Former writer Ken Penders revealed on 30 October 2009 on his message board that he intended for Rotor to be gay, stating, "I thought it was fairly obvious Rotor was gay, and begun laying the groundwork for that storyline during the MOBIUS: 25 YEARS LATER segments. I even showed his life partner without saying as such and planted clues between the lines."
- It would later be stated that that Rotor's life partner was Cobar. Speaking for Penders, Bob Repas claimed that because of the fear of backlash over the relationship, Sega had ordered Penders to keep the relationship low-key, and only subtle hints were allowed. Penders would later clarify that it was likely then-editor Justin Freddy Gabrie that he had spoken with, and not Sega.
- According to Ian Flynn, this is considered a piece of behind-the-scenes trivia and is not canon. As part of a Q&A wrap-up, he stated that Ken Penders had presented no canonical build-up to Rotor’s sexual preference, regardless of intention.
- Sonic the Hedgehog #131, "Mobius: 25 Years Later"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #132, "Mobius 25 Years Later: The Unveiling"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #133, "Mobius 25 Years Later: Midnight in the Garden"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #166, "Mobius 25 Years Later Part One: Tempus Fugit"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #167, "Mobius 25 Years Later Part One: Tempus Aeternus"
- Penders, Ken (30 October 2009). The Truth Revealed. Archived from the original on 16 March 2017.
- Repas, Bob (8 November 2009). Re: The Truth Revealed - Again. Archived from the original on 16 March 2016.
- Repas, Bob (24 July 2009). Re: Not Allowed?. Archived from the original on 24 March 2016.
- Penders, Ken (23 October 2010). Re:Possible "Gay Rotor" hint in issue #157?. Ken Penders Forums. Archived from the original on 24 November 2010.
- Oliver, Tristan (16 November 2009). Flynn on Rotor’s Sexuality: “Not Even Worth Mentioning”. TSSZ News. Archived from the original on 18 February 2020.