Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
"Robotnikland" is the fifty-fourth episode of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series. Despite being produced as the fifty-fourth episode, it aired as the fifty-ninth episode during the show's original run.
- Dr. Robotnik
- Professor Caninestein
- Miss Possum
- Beach Bunny
- Harry the Hucker
- Cleaver Beaver
- Dog who sells Chili Dogs
- Hypnotized park attendees
- Other Party guests
- Robot Animals
Scratch and Grounder decide to make Robotnik hotcakes for breakfast instead of eggs like usual. Robotnik is outraged, but quickly cheers up when he realizes it is Sonic's birthday. Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder clear out everybody from Mobiusland, the local amusement park and they rig all the rides to be dangerous.
Sonic and Tails sit at a food court. Sonic pretends to be sad that no one remembered his birthday except Tails. When Tails excuses himself to the "Little Foxes Room", Sonic turns to the screen and says that he knows Tails has some kind of a surprise waiting for him. Scratch comes disguised as a big mouse and he gives Sonic a free ticket to Mobiusland. Thinking it is the surprise from Tails, Sonic takes the ticket and goes to the amusement park. Tails returns with Miss Possum and some Sonic's other friends to surprise him, but to their surprise, Sonic is gone.
After Sonic enters Mobiusland, Dr. Robotnik reveals that he took over the amusement park, has re-named it "Robotnikland" and has made it dangerous. Sonic goes to attack Robotnik but is struck a wrench. Soon, Sonic tries to escape the park, only to discover that he cannot because the exits have been barred with tempered steel and the ground has been covered with reinforced concrete. Sonic thus decides to make the best of it, as he starts going on rides. He starts with a giant pinball machine where he competes with Robotnik to earn more points. Sonic wins and Robotnik screams and cries like a baby. Sonic then goes to a jungle boat ride where it turns out all the robot animals had been re-programmed to be vicious. Scratch and Grounder show up to watch Sonic be eaten by a vicious robot snake, but Sonic tricks them into rescuing him.
Meanwhile, Tails and Sonic's other friends explore some underground tunnels, trying to find a way inside the park. They get in and see a video of a puppet of Sonic on a roller coaster saying he needs help and he is stuck. Tails and the others get on the roller coaster to go help Sonic, but they soon learn it is a trap and Robotnik now has them all trapped on this very deadly ride. Sonic shows up and rescues his friends, but they all end up getting trapped in a giant Birthday Cake that has ten foot sticks of Dynamite for candles.
Inside the cake, Sonic finds some pipes that are filled with steam, he connects the pipes to the candles and blows them off the cake and into Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder. Grounder finds a candle of dynamite and makes a wish, Right after Grounder's wish, the two villians hit it, only for it to explode. Sonic then puts the villainous trio on the Sonic ride which is full of Ghosts and even the devil. Sonic then re-names the park "Sonic Land" after himself.
Sonic and his friends celebrate his birthday with a cake and decide to have a fun rest of the day in the park. Robotnik comes up through an underground tunnel right into the cake. He pouts and screams about how much he hates that hedgehog.
Scratch and Grounder set themselves on fire with the stove while cooking breakfast (finally making sure to cook eggs for their master instead of something else). Sonic comes and puts out the fire with a fire extinguisher. Sonic says to never use a stove without parental permission (in their case Robotnik).
Title in other languages
- The main idea from the scene where Sonic faces Robotnik in a point race in pinball was re-used in the SatAM episode "Game Guy". Both episodes draw inspiration from the game, Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball.
- A vent sucks up Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder and then licks its lips just like the portals in Toxic Caves from Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball.
- The Sonic ride in this episode is the likely inspiration for the cover of the Archie Comics special, Archie Sonic the Hedgehog In Your Face!, because they both feature a roller coaster track coming out of the mouth of a giant Sonic.
- Amongst Sonic's friends is a gray man who has a striking resemblance to comedian, Andy Dick and also a Cheetah named Leo that looks an awful lot like the Cheetos mascot, Chester Cheetah.
- The inside of the Sonic Ride bears a resemblance to some other horror-themed dark rides, and all the surreal imagery seems reminiscent of Halloween Is Grinch Night.
- The "Jungle Ride" is a parody of Disney's Jungle Cruise.
- The three scenes, in which the Badniks open several different doors until the last one swallows them up, where Scratch's shadow had his head sliced off, and where his heart (literally) came up from his throat; which he immediately swallowed back down, came from the Betty Boop cartoon "Bimbo's Initiation".
- When Scratch is thrown onto the floor with the pancakes stuck to his head, the syrup spills under his head, making it look like he's bleeding.
- The blasters Robotnik gives Scratch and Grounder before he throws them into the pinball machine look identical to the Slow Go Beam from the episode "Slowwww Going".
- This is the second episode of any of the American Sonic cartoons in which Sonic celebrates his birthday, the first being "Tails Prevails".
- Several characters from previous episodes appear in this episode: Harry the Hucker and Leo from The Mystery of the Missing Hi-tops, Miss Possum from Magnificent Sonic, one of the unnamed Beach Bunnies from Prehistoric Sonic, Cleaver Beaver from Baby-Sitter Jitters, and Professor Caninestein from the Chaos Emerald quadrilogy. Professor Caninestein is the only character with lines to suggest he is the same character, while the rest of the characters may simply be a case of reused designs. This is supported by the characters besides Caninestein being slightly recolored, as well as the fact Harry the Hucker went to jail for stealing Sonic's shoes.
- The phrase "Welcome to Sonicland!" (said by Sonic in this episode) is also used in a commercial for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in Japan.
- Sonic's hand goes out of the monitor in one scene.