- You may be looking for Badniks.
Robot is a character that appears in the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series. He is a robot created by Scratch and Grounder to be their helper, but turned against his creators and joined Sonic.
During one of his usual angry rants, Dr. Robotnik claimed that a complete idiot could make a better robot than Scratch and Grounder. Declaring that they themselves were complete idiots, Scratch and Grounder decided to take up the challenge and make their own robot that would be more competent than them. Throwing old scraps into Robotnik's robot-making machine resulted in a small purple robot with tricycle wheels. Scratch immediately noted that it was a boy. Grounder wanted to name him "Groundling", but Scratch insisted on "Scratch II". In the end, they both agreed the best name would be "Robot", Scratch would also call him Snookums as a pet name. Since they created him to do their chores for them, Grounder would occasionally call him "Slave" by accident, angering Robot.
While doing Scratch and Grounder's chores, Robot ended up breaking some dishes. This angered Robotnik, who then threatened to destroy Robot, which caused him to run away, much to his parents' consternation and shock.
Scratch and Grounder eventually found him at Jumbo Canyon. Robot ran away from them however, thinking that they hated him, but ended up falling off a cliff. However, Robot was saved by Sonic the Hedgehog, whom he also ran away from. Eventually Robot was found crying by a pair of lion cubs named Jackson and Suzie, revealing he missed Scratch and Grounder. Totherm, the lion cubs cheered Robot up. Sonic showed up soon after, and Jackson and Suzie convinced Robot that Sonic was a friend and would not hurt him. Robot then helped Sonic chase Robotnik and save the world from his terrible implosion machine.
While Robot was going to return to Scratch and Grounder, Sonic convinced Robot that he shouldn't stay with losers like them, causing the robot to disown the two. Afterward, Sonic and Tails found Robot a home in Scrap Valley. Robot was very happy there and made many friends with the other robots living there.
Robot later returned as a guest to Sonic's testimonial banquet. Robot attended the Banquet and shared with everyone his great appreciation for Sonic.
- Robot has the same arms as the Robot from the old sci-fi TV show, Lost in Space.
- Cathy Weseluck on Twitter. Twitter (27 March 2013). Retrieved on 10 January 2016. “Nick Hoxter: Did you do any voices from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog? / Cathy Weseluck: Yes! Though not regulars in every episode, I played Suzie, Robot, Rebot, Becky, Penelope, Cat, and a Parrot! :)”
- Borgeson, Jess (2 December 1993). "The Robots' Robot". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 58. First-run syndication.
- Shelly, Bruce; Shelly, Reed (3 December 1993). "Hero of the Year". Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Season 1. Episode 60.