Ring Energy is a unspecified type of energy that can be found within Rings. Nothing has been revealed about what Ring Energy is and what properties it holds. However, it is apparently harnessed directly from the Rings themselves.
So far, Ring Energy has demonstrated re-energizing qualities. When used as batteries, it can power devices, such as Emerald Detectors and Badniks.[note 1] When harnessed by organic beings, it can rejuvenate their stamina and abilities, such as Silver's ESP and Sonic's Boost.[note 2] Ring Energy is also often needed by Super State users to maintain their transformation. This may hint that Ring Energy and chaos energy share a connection.
- ↑ In Sonic Advance 3, Badniks release Rings upon their defeat, implying the Badniks were using them as power sources.
- ↑ While not stated outright, Ring Energy is implied to power the Sonic Boost in Sonic Unleashed, as the Boost Gauge is called the "Ring Energy Gauge" on the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 version of the game.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Team, Blindlight (November 24, 2006). Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). Xbox 360. Sega. Boss: Solaris. "Super Sonic: Hey! Do you still have Ring Energy? Use the to switch with me!"
- ↑ Backbone Entertainment, Sega Studio USA (13 November 2007). Sonic Rivals 2. PlayStation Portable. Sega. Level/area: Neon Palace Zone Act 1 (Knuckles' scenario). "Knuckles the Echidna: The Emerald Detector ran out of juice. I need some Rings to energize it..."
- ↑ Backbone Entertainment, Sega Studio USA (13 November 2007). Sonic Rivals 2. PlayStation Portable. Sega. Level/area: Frontier Canyon Zone (Silver's scenario). "Silver the Hedgehog: To be honest, my powers are almost exhausted. I'll need some Rings to power myself back up. / ... / Silver the Hedgehog: Arg... I can barely move. I must've used too much of my ESP power. But I can't let them get away... This is a battle against time! / ... / Silver the Hedgehog: Yeah... Seems like my strength is returning. Thank you, Espio."