The Ricky (リッキー Rikkī?) is a creature that appears in the Sonic X anime series and its comic series published by Archie Comics which first debuted in "Defective Detectives". They are a race of non-anthropomorphic squirrels native to Sonic the Hedgehog's world.
The typical Ricky resembles a brown-furred and round-shaped tree squirrel, although slightly larger. Their anatomy is also remarkably humanoid. They have large heads with small torsos, medium-sized arms with five-fingered hands, medium-length three-toed feet, a long and curled bushy tail each, greyish blue eyes, and triangular ears on top of their heads. Additionally, they have peach fur around their faces and on their bellies, and a light brown streak on their tails. Other features include cheek tufts, small black noses, and hair bangs on their foreheads.
Like actual animals, the Rickies speak only in a language consisting of chirps. Although recognized as animal life, they are remarkably intelligent and sociable, having been shown to live in civilized environments and reside in their own houses.
As a result of the effects of Chaos Control, several Rickies and other creatures got sent to Earth, raising tension about whether they would be able to coexist with humanity. Despite these concerns, the Rickies kept a peaceful existence on Earth, with one even playing around with humans, until they got sent back to their home planet with the other creatures. However, it was not long before Dr. Eggman returned to threaten the Rickies with his plans to take over their world.
- The Rickies are based on the species of the same name that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Masaki, Hiro (5 February 2005). "Mean Machines". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 43.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Urasawa, Yoshio (11 December 2004). "Defective Detectives". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 39.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Urasawa, Yoshio (26 March 2005). "A New Start". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 52.
- ↑ Houjou, Chinatsu (19 March 2005). "Running Out of Time". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 50.
- ↑ Sonic X #10, "No Thanks for the Memories! Part One"