[Scene: Village Center, day.]
- [The scene begins with Sonic battling Charlie's Mech Suit. The mech suit charges and throws a right-armed punch. Sonic dodges and Spin Dashes around the mech suit, making Charlie dizzy and causing the mech suit to fall. Eggman and Orbot watch the battle.]
- Dr. Eggman: They call Sonic a hero because he can beat that guy? I could beat that nitwit with just one third of my robot army, but would anybody call me a hero. No... What I need is my own mech suit to show these plebeians how fragile their meaningless existence is.
- Sonic: Dude, dark.
- Dr. Eggman: Oh, sorry. Haven't had my morning coffee yet. I always get so cranky cranky.
[Scene Change: Eggman's Lair, morning.]
- [Eggman designs blueprints, and eventually finishes his mech suit: MeBot. Eggman displays it to Orbot and Cubot.]
- Dr. Eggman: Look at this thing. Deflector shields, tractor beams, lasers, power windows. This is my ninth symphony.
- [Eggman presses a button inside MeBot. MeBot performs a strength pose but runs out of power and reverts to its normal stance, much to Eggman's dismay.]
- Dr. Eggman: No batteries? But I just charged this thing! I guess all these features are using too much juice. I bet those power windows put me over the top.
- Orbot: May I suggest you simply remove some features?
- Dr. Eggman: [Mocking tone] May I suggest you simply remove your head? [Starts to sulks]
[Scene Change: Meh Burger, day.] [A depressed Eggman sits on a chair in Meh Burger. Sonic, Tails and Amy are having lunch.]
- Amy: Eggman seems despondent.
- Sonic: Probably has jury duty or something.
- Amy: Well, I'm gonna go talk to him. [Walks off]
- Tails: Our dynamic with Eggman is very confusing.
- Sonic: Really? 'Cause as far as I know, this is how grown men and tween animal people always interact.
- Amy: What's wrong, Eggman?
- Dr. Eggman: Oh the usual. Built the best mech suit literally ever and can't find an awesome enough power source to handle it.
- Amy: Wish I could help you, but since you're probably building this thing to destroy us, I don't think helping is in my best interest. But maybe there's someone else you can talk to.
- Dr. Eggman: Oh, like I'm just gonna run it to someone who understands the ups and downs of mech suit ownership?
- Charlie: [sighs]
- [Charlie tries to eat a burger with his mech suit. The claw squashes the burger, infuriating Charlie.]
[Scene Change: Meh Burger, day.] Charlie: [whines] I'm just sick of Sonic winning all the time.
- Dr. Eggman: Tell me about it, broseff. It's as if we're not allowed to win. Like there's a strict set of formulaic guidelines.
Charlie: Sigh. And my mech suit would beat him every time if I could just get to the Tummel Crystal.
- Dr. Eggman: Tuma-who-ha-what?
Charlie: The legendary Tummel Crystal. That thing could power any mech suit. It's believed to be buried in the catacombs deep below the Buddy Buddy Temple, so... oh well.
- Dr. Eggman: Too bad about that. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to get something other than the Tummel Crystal, like, a potato or something. Don't follow me. Hee hee... [Runs off]
[Scene Change: Froglodyte Caves.]
- [A hole is drilled inside the cave by Drill Bot.]
- Computer: Warning. Incoming magnetic pulsar. AI malfunction imminent. Will I dream, Eggman?
- [All Eggman's worker robots shut down. The Froglodytes emerge out of the cave. Eggman screams. The Froglodytes scream as Eggman in response. Both parties scream back and forth in response. Eventually, the Froglodytes bow to Eggman.]
- Dr. Eggman: Oh, perfect. They're nitwits.
- Priest: Oh great cyborg centaur. Please, spare our wothless lives.
- Dr. Eggman: All right, fine. I won't destroy you. But, you must swear eternal servitude to me.
- Priest: Done and done. Now, as it is custom in our culture, we will polish and shine your glorious metal bot.
- Dr. Eggman: Ehhh, that's okay. My metal bum is shiny already. What I really want is for you to help me find the legendary Tummel Crystal which is buried deep within these cave walls.
- Priest: Well, that sounds like a lot of work.
- Dr. Eggman: I don't care how you get it done, but it's the only thing I want. Oh, and an awesome cape, and maybe a hat.
- [The Froglodytes raise their arms and scream at Eggman, with Eggman returning the favor.]
[Scene Change: Seaside Island, day.]
- [Sonic, Tails and Amy are walking through the forest.]
- Amy: Sonic, just admit it. We're lost.
- Sonic: Trust me. I know where to go.
- Tails: Wait, this is Gogoba Village.
- Sonic: Okay, maybe you shouldn't have trusted me. We better split before we get Gogoba-ed into doing something annoying.
- [They all look around Gogoba village.]
- Amy: It's kinda weird, but the place looks empty.
- Gogoba Chief: Except [Sonic, Tails and Amy jump] for me. But of course I don't count. Chopped liver is my middle name. I'd change it, but the county clerk was taken away by Froglodytes, along with everyone else.
- Amy: That's terrible.
- Gogoba Chief: Oh I'll be fine. And I'm sure my friends and relatives are thrilled to be captured and put to work in the mines. I'll just enjoy the quiet, while all that my civilization created is lost to time.
- Sonic: [Fed up] Okay, we get it. We'll save them and bring them home. [To Amy quietly] Told ya.
[Scene Change: The Froglodyte Caves, day.]
- [The Gogobas are commanded by the Froglodytes to mine for the Tummel Crystal]
- Gogoba 1: [Exhausted] This hammer is so heavy.
- Taskmaster: That's why you're doing it and not me!
- Gogoba 1: And the rocks are so hard to break.
- Taskmaster: Of course they're hard to break! They're rocks!
- Gogoba 2: Can I ask a question?
- Taskmaster: No!
- Gogoba 2: How was I supposed to know?
- Taskmaster: That's a question! You're the worst servants! Guards, seize them!
- Froglodyte Guard: Uh... Both of them?
- Taskmaster: Yes! Both of them!
- Gogoba 2: I just wanted to know if we're supposed to fill out time cards?
- Taskmaster: Time cards?! What part of eternal servitude don't you understand?!
- [Eggman arrives in a cape and hat.]
- Dr. Eggman: So. How's that mining going?
- Taskmaster: These gogobas can't do anything.
- Dr. Eggman: Well, someone gonna dig up my Tummel Crystal, and it's either gonna be them, or you.
- Taskmaster: Very well. [Angry voice] Back to work!
- Gogoba 1: But we're on break.
- Taskmaster: Break?!
[Scene Change: Entrance to the Froglodyte caves, day.]
- [Sonic, Tails and Amy are walking towards the entrance to the caves. Sonic stops.]
- Sonic: Well, we tried. Poor Gogobas.
- Amy: Come on. We have to save them.
- Sonic: I know...
- [The trio walk quietly inside the cave and hide behind a rock. Sonic peeks out to discover three Froglodytes around the corner. The trio charge forward and engage the Froglodytes in combat; Sonic Spin Dashes the first Froglodyte; Tails hangs the second Froglodyte's singlet up into the ceiling; and Amy chases the third Froglodyte. Amy brings down her hammer. The Hammer misses the third Froglodyte, but he runs into a stalactite that falls down due to Amy's hammering, and faints.]
[Scene Change: The Froglodyte Caves]
- [Sonic, Amy and Tails continue forward until they arrive at a cliff. The trio look down from the cliff. Down from the cliff, Eggman is being fed grapes. However a coconut hits his head.]
- Dr. Eggman: Ow! Why was that grape a coconut?
- [The Priest raises his arms and screams at Eggman, with Eggman returning the call.]
- Priest: Great Lord Metal Butt. The Tummel Crystal is within our reach.
- Dr. Eggman: Once I have that, my power will be limitless.
- Sonic: Sounds like it's time for old Sonic to step in.
- Tails: We should be fine, as long as there aren't any booby traps.
- [Tails triggers a booby trap. The trio are caught in a net high up in the caves.]
- Sonic: Smooth move, Fox Boy.
- Dr. Eggman: Ah, Sonic the Hedgehog. Snooping as usual I see. Seize them!
- [The Froglodytes release Team Sonic from the net but have their legs tied together by a chain. Being forced to work as slaves, Amy notices her hammer's been used by a Gogogba.]
- Amy: Hey, be careful with that! It's not insured when someone else is using it.
- [The Gogoba with Amy hammer discovers the Tummel Crystal and picks it up.]
- Gogoba: Hey. I found the Tummel Crystal.
- Dr. Eggman: Oh yeah. Crystal me baby!
- [The Crystal is passed to Eggman, who laughs evilly.]
- Sonic: We gotta do something, like now.
- Amy: If I can talk that Gogoba into giving me back my hammer, I can bust us out of here. I just have to use a little reverse psychology.
- Sonic: Great idea. I always wanted to do the opposite of what you tell me, but that might be more my problem than yours.
- [ Sonic and Tails collide into each other as Amy walks over to the Gogoba.]
- Amy: I can't believe how strong you are. I bet I couldn't even lift that hammer.
- Gogoba: [Sighs] Nonsense. Women's equality and all that. You go right ahead, little lady.
- [Amy grabs her hammer off the Gogoba and breaks the chain with it, releasing the trapped trio. Sonic Spin Dashes into Eggman's Eggmobile, knocking Eggman out of his Eggmobile.]
- Priest: Hey, you're not a magic flying father figure. You're just like us.
- Dr. Eggman: Well, time to cause mayhem.
- [Eggman presses his wrist controller. The ground shakes as MeBot emerges from the caves. Eggman jumps in and starts it up.]
- Dr. Eggman: Hail to the king, baby!
- [Sonic presses a button on his Communicator. Sonic's Mech Suit breaks out from behind the cave wall to join Sonic. Sonic jumps inside it.]
- Sonic: We're bumping with the flava now!
- [The Froglodytes and Gogobas scream and run away as the mechs prepare to battle. Sonic jumps on MeBot and punches it with its fists. MeBot throws Sonic off his shoulders. It folds out its wings and flies up to the ceiling. Sonic does the same, but is caught off guard by a right-hand punch, breaking a hole in the caves ceiling. They continue to fight in mid-air. MeBot puts its arms down on Sonic, sending him falling down and crashing back to the ground. Sonic flies back up but gets tagged from behind by MeBot when it grabs his hands. Both mech break through the ceiling and continue their battle on the surface of Seaside Island. MeBot unleashes some shurikens. Sonic spins to dodge them.]
- Sonic: [Grunts]
- [Sonic goes on the attack with a tackle on MeBot's shoulders, but MeBot's laser sends him flying back.]
- Dr. Eggman: Fire missiles.
- [MeBot fires missiles at Sonic. He dodges them as the missiles explode in the distance]
- Sonic: Argh.
- Dr. Eggman: Engage tractor beam.
- [MeBot's beam hits Sonic directly and pulls him in.]
- Sonic: Argh. Woah, woah!
- [MeBot grabs Sonic's Mech Suit.]
- Dr. Eggman: Goodbye, Sonic.
- [MeBot prepares to fire its missiles. Sonic's Mech Suit, however, grabs hold of MeBot's shoulders. This causes the missiles to explode and send both mechs flying in opposite directions.]
- Dr. Eggman: No!
- [With MeBot starting to catch smoke, Sonic's Mech Suit jumps up on top to it.]
- Dr. Eggman: I guess we're all going down together in a blaze of glory. Where's that self-destruct button?
- [Eggman presses a button believed to be the self-destruct button. It opens his window instead.]
- Dr. Eggman: Yep. Power windows were a mistake.
- [Sonic takes full advantage by grabbing the Tummel Crystal. The Froglodytes bow to Sonic.]
- Sonic: No! Stop bowing. Don't you see?! [Softly] Look how easily this man tricked you into doing his bidding. You need to think critically for yourselves and not waste your lives bowing to false kings.
- Priest: He's right. Bow to him.
- [The Froglodyes bow to Sonic again. Sonic sighs.]
[Scene Change: Gogoba Village, day.]
- [Team Sonic walk up to the sitting Gogoba Chief. The Chief stands up and they bow at each other. All the other Gogobas return and cheer at Team Sonic.]
- Tails: Wait! We forgot to end on a joke.
- [Cream pies suddenly fall on Tails' head. After a brief pause, everyone else laughs as the screen fades to black.]