Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Radical Train is an Action Stage in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). It appears to be a terminal station for Soleanna. It appears in each character's story at the same exact time with each character having their own intentions. Sonic's and Shadow's stages involve a race against a train to either save or destroy it, respectively. Silver's version of the level does not involve the train.
After ﬁghting his way back from a future destroyed by the diabolical Iblis, Sonic now sets his sights on Dr. Eggman. However, the mad scientist has created the perfect diversion to keep Sonic off his back while he attempts an escape: a runaway locomotive full of innocent passengers. As much as Sonic wants a showdown with Eggman, he can’t just abandon the people on Dr. Eggman's Train, so he diverts his course to clear the stretch of track that Eggman has sabotaged. After Sonic saves the train, he then chases down Eggman’s own locomotive before it can outpace even the world’s fastest hedgehog to rescue Elise, who is trapped on board.
Sonic is on a mission to save the princess, and therefore he has a limited amount of time to activate the switches and save the train from being damaged. The Slow Custom Action from the Red Gem is useful for the Hard mode of Sonic's level to make the mission easier than before.
Sonic may have needed to chase down a runaway locomotive while escaping Dr. Eggman’s taunts, but when Silver visits the mountainous train yard, he has to ﬁght through an army of aggressive robots and outthink a series of clever crane puzzles that block his path. The trains do indeed make an appearance, but these locomotives run on schedule, giving Silver ample opportunity to avoid getting smashed and maybe even use the engine to pick up some treasure he can’t reach even with his psychic powers.
Silver's version of the level is harder than the other two and has more enemies. Silver is not on a strict time limit, as his mission is not to catch Eggman, and the player is thus free to take their time.
Shadow the Hedgehog follows Dr. Eggman to a mountaintop train line, where rails curve around lofty peaks and a false step could lead to a long, unpleasant descent. Eggman’s locomotive has a head start on the hedgehog, so he must hightail it parallel to the track and slow the train with a series of laser ﬁelds. Eggman, seeing the threat, sends his robot army to keep Shadow busy while his train picks up speed. Shadow does not possess Sonic’s gift of speed, so he must rely on his motorcycle to close the gap and destroy the train before it escapes into the treacherous mountain pass.
Shadow's version of the stage is slightly harder than Sonic's. This version has more robots and Egg Launchers in it, and instead from saving the train, Shadow must attack it to talk to Eggman. Shadow's final section of the level is the similar to Sonic's, but instead of running at high speed, Shadow will ride a motorcycle to attack the train.
Silver Medal Locations
- Once the player reaches to the wooden platforms that require Bound Jumps to jump up, they can turn around to see a Wooden container, then break it to see the first Silver Medal.
- Before the player gets to the second switch, there is a Silver Medal hidden in the boxes on the platform the Egg Gunners are on.
- After activating the second switch and getting through the point marker, the player must kick open the crates on the right to claim the third Silver Medal.
- The player can grab the fourth Silver Medal from the conveyor belts that run parallel to the broken bridge. They must use a Spring hidden by crates in front of the belt to reach it.
- After proceeding through the railway path of trains, the path ends with a Spring that bounces the player up to a platform. The fifth Silver Medal can be found in the corner of this platform.
- When the Super-Speed section begins, the player must race around a curving stretch of track. The sixth Silver Medal waits along the track’s right side, dangerously close to the edge.
- After the sixth medal, there will be a trail of Rings ahead of the player, which has the Silver Medal at the start of it. The player must use the Light Dash into the trail to get the medal.
- After the train yard, the eighth Silver Medal is on the left corner of the ledge before the left Ramp.
- In the middle of the tunnel, the player should look for the ninth Silver Medal on the left side of the track.
- Before the Goal Ring, the player should move toward the left Ramp to collect the final medal.
- The first Silver Medal is in the first switch section. The player must destroy all of the enemies to reveal the medal in the center of this depot.
- After the first point marker on the platform where the player sees the Egg Gunner and Egg Lancer, the Silver Medal is placed next to the pulley (that is part of structure) in the corner of this small platform, nearly behind the explosive crate.
- The third Silver Medal is located at the end of a conveyor belt.
- After approaching the metal dais with Egg Lancers and an Egg Cannon, the player must destroy the Egg Buster standing on the other platform to make the fourth Silver Medal on another platform to the right.
- Upon reaching the train, ahead of the fourth medal, the player must hit the train and then turn back to the depot. They can find the fifth Silver Medal hidden by a stack of crates.
- In the second section, the player must smash the crates in front of the ﬁrst set of Dash Panels to reveal the sixth Silver Medal.
- Slightly ahead of the sixth medal, the player should take the ramp on the right to collect the seventh medal.
- On the train tracks, it is located after the first tunnel on the right side.
- The ninth medal is inside a crate on the right side of the track as the player heads out to the giant bridge.
- The ﬁnal medal is at the far end of the bridge to the right.
- After jumping up a Wide Spring, the first Silver Medal will be ﬂoating at the end the conveyor belt.
- It is clearly seen floating above a scale.
- After approaching the first point marker, it is in a box to the right of it.
- Slightly after the first point marker, the player must destroy the Egg Bombers to open the Case on the left. This Spring will lead to a high conveyor belt with the fourth Silver Medal.
- Ahead of the aforementioned conveyor is another one with the fifth medal.
- After destroying the Egg Walker that guards a cased Spring, the player must jump on the Spring to reach another two conveyors. The sixth Silver Medal is on the second conveyor.
- After the sixth medal, the player should drop down to see it straight ahead of them to the left, behind a Container in the Egg Buster section.
- Shortly after the seventh medal, the player should run down the track, between the trains, to collect the eigth Silver Medal.
- At the end of the track to the left is a Spring. The player must use the spring to jump up to a wooden platform, then destroy the invisible Egg Hunter to make a case open and collect the medal.
- At the very end of the stage, the player must destroy all of the robots in front of the door that leads to the Goal Ring. The tenth Silver Medal will appear behind the door.
- Radical Train and Aquatic Base are the only levels not to appear in End of the World.
- This level is not used in Tag mode.
- The freight locomotives in this level are based off the American EMD SD70M, and the red passenger train is not based off a specific prototype, however it does bear a resemblance to generic European multiple-unit trains.
- It often happens that the Dash Panel on the far left after the first train encounter in both Sonic and Shadow's version of Radical Train will send them flying into a bottomless pit when they try to pass though the incoming loop. To avoid this glitch, the player should head toward the Dash Panels on the middle before going through the door leading to them, as the game prevents the player from moving to either sides when they reach this set of Dash Panels.
- Chronologically speaking, Radical Train is the only level where all three male hedgehogs are present at the same time.
- It is also the only Action Stage in which they are playable without their teammates.
- It is also the sixth action stage for all three.
- In Shadow's version, it is possible to freeze the initialization of the Egg train's catch sequence in the final part of the stage and make several of its cargos, in a damaged state, appear in its place. This glitch involves using the Bike and going indirectly through the second or third Ramp from behind found in the final part of the stage. If performed successfully, the player should find the cargos still, and in place of the train's starting position right after going down the hill.
|Radical Train ~The Abandoned Mine~||Tomoya Ohtani||2:43|
|Radical Train ~The Chase~||Tomoya Ohtani||2:50|
- Silver Medal Location Guide by Agnix
- Sonic the Hedgehog Prima official guide