Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Race of AGES is a racetrack in the game Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. This race serves as a tribute level to Sega characters that are not represented in the game, such as Akira Yuki, Ryo Hazuki and Bonanza Bros., or consoles from Sega's past, such as the Dreamcast and Mega Drive. Giant hologram-esque statues of them can be seen along the track. It is also AGES' home track.
This track aims to be a tribute to Sega history as well as to characters from the first Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing game that did not return. The player's on-screen map is jammed throughout the race, though the map displayed on the Wii U GamePad's map and the Nintendo 3DS touch screen are unaffected.
Racers drive along a very twisty neon road with guard rails missing at points that makes falling off an easy mistake; thus it is one of the most technical tracks in the game. Along the way, drivers will reach a fork in the road with holograms of a After Burner fighter jet. Only the racer in first place gets to choose which route the racers will go through by driving on the right and left sides respectively. The track then resets after completing a lap.jet ski and an
If the leader chooses the jet ski hologram from Wave Runner, racers will switch to boat mode and navigate a flooded part of the city filled with trick ramps, electrical gates and holographic statues of past Sega All-Stars (such as Akira Yuki, Ryo Hazuki, and the Bonanza Bros) before returning to land. If the leader chooses the fighter jet hologram from After Burner, racers will switch to plane mode and fly straight down the city avoiding electroshock grids, spinning structures and holograms of Sega game consoles, before entering a tube surrounded by a giant electroshock gate leading to the finish line.
- Segata Sanshiro carrying a giant Sega Saturn on his back can be seen riding the rocket from his final commercial around the boat section of the track. It can also be clearly seen above when entering the final lap in first position.
- As well as Ryo Hazuki and the Bonanza Bros, the player can see Opa Opa, Akira, a Chu Chu, a Striker from Virtua Striker, a bike from Hang-on, Squilla (the first boss from Space Harrier), the Harrier himself, Segata Sanshiro, a SEGA Master System, a SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis and a SEGA Dreamcast.
- This track has a resemblance to the various incarnations of Rainbow Road from the Mario Kart series, as both tracks are quite difficult and both tracks are easy to fall off the track numerous times. Also because it has a similar theme to Rainbow Road, whereas the a majority of the track is glowing in neon lights, and is also the final new racetrack that isn't a bonus one.
- This track also bears some resemblance to Android Alley from the game Crash Nitro Kart, as both contain an easy-to-fall-off track and a yellow track design.
- Ages is backwards for Sega.
|"Space Harrier"||Sega, Richard Jacques||4:06|
The music that plays is a remix of the Main Theme of Space Harrier which was last heard in Sega Superstars Tennis.