Professor Cluckins is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom series. He is an anthropomorphic rodent and a high-class professor residing on Seaside Island. He is also the latest board member of the Archipelago Homeowners Association.
Professor Cluckins is an anthropomorphic rodent at the same height as Admiral Beaverton. He has gray fur with several light gray-tipped quills on the back of his head, a round torso with relatively short legs and thin arms, a thin tail and blue eyes. In addition, he has a medium-long muzzle covered in gray fur, a black nose similar to Sonic's, a gray mustache, small round ears on top of his head, and large front teeth. As attire, he wears a monocle over his right eye, a tan plaid shirt with black buttons and a red pocket square, a white collar with a red bowtie, white gloves and brown shoes with tan socks.
Professor Cluckins was among the guests invited to the Awardy Awards where he and Admiral Beaverton met Knuckles, whom they befriended over the echidna's honesty. At the height of the evening, Cluckins fled with the others guests as Dr. Eggman attacked with his robots when he did not win the award. However, he returned with Beaverton to save Knuckles from a shot from Ballot Stuffer Bot. After Team Sonic defeated Eggman, Cluckins said goodbye to Knuckles.
During the "Battle of the Buns" between Chez Amy and Meh Burger, Cluckins would visit the former for a meal. He would later come to the New Year's Eve party held in the Village Center where he got to hang out with his friends just before Eggman launched his Slow Motion Machine. Another time, Cluckins came to the Bro-Down Showdown auditions with Beaverton, but was rejected by Dixon for being "too out of touch with the common man." When the Robot Battle Royale arrived, Cluckins came to watch. There, he saw Eggman steal Tails' Hypnobot at the end.
Having been elected to the board of the Archipelago Homeowners Association, Cluckins was celebrating his new status with his group when they noticed on a Crab Bot that Eggman housed robots in his lair. Since this violated regulation, they threatened him with eviction. Cluckins and the association were later invited for dinner at Eggman's, who wanted to prove he had no robots. However, the group noticed Eggman's robots despite his efforts, and were thus imprisoned by Eggman until Team Sonic freed them. Afterwards, Cluckins and his group let Eggman go when he convinced them his robots were art, which was permitted.
Hearing from Dr. Eggman in the Village Center that an asteroid would impact the earth, Cluckins joined Eggman and Team Sonic's meeting for a course of action. Opting to hide, Cluckins showed up to buy a spot in Eggman's bunker to ride out the impending apocalypse in. Although Cluckins got to be one of Eggman's choices for a bunkmate, Team Sonic would stop the asteroid. Cluckins later met up with Mayor Fink and Admiral Beaverton to discuss a solution to the rising crime in the Unnamed Village. Soon after that, he would make a trip to Meh Burger. Following that, Cluckins learned at a town meeting that their village was named after Sticks' evil ancestor, Jebediah Badger, which made him scorn Sticks. Eventually wanting the town renamed, he agreed to a referendum between Amy and Eggman's name propositions at another meeting. Afterwards, Cluckins would visit the local library. Long not after, when it looked like Tails had proven Muckfoot's existence with a photo, Cluckins would praise the fox as a hero.
Eventually, Cluckins and the One-Percenters would have a bowling match with the Lightning Bowler Society. Upon losing, he went for a money swim with his team to deal with the agony of defeat. He subsequently came to the Lightning Bowlers' next public appearance after they became famous. When Race Day then arrived several months later, Cluckins would watch said event's auto race competition at its site. During the competition though, he and his company had an accident when a race car hit their private tribune. Cluckins later did some shopping in the Village Center until a purple creature came running by.
Though referred to as a "windbag" and living amongst the upper class, Professor Cluckins is quite sociable, generally jovial and has no reservations about making acquaintances with representatives of the lower classes in spite of being out of touch with the common man. He clearly admires honesty and is surprisingly selfless and devoted to his friends, having risked his own well-being to protect Knuckles from harm. However, he can be somewhat snobbish given how dissatisfied he was with holding a celebration at the mediocre Meh Burger. His vocabulary is formal, and he speaks with a cultivated and sophisticated dialect. Despite his demeanor however, he does have his quirks and does not always show common sense.
Admiral Beaverton is Professor Cluckin's fellow board member in the Archipelago Homeowners Association and apparently a close confidant. The fact that they wanted to join Bro-Down Showdown together suggests that they are close friends and/or have strong faith in their companionship. They two of them also have a lot in common, as both of them are sophisticated high-class citizens, out of touch with the common man, and willing to risk themselves for their friends.
- Prof. Cluckins is one of the few background characters in the Sonic Boom television series whose character model has yet to be reused for another character.
- Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (2 February 2017). Retrieved on 2 February 2017. "Bill Freiberger: The voice for Professor Cluckins is @RogerCraigSmith."
- Lieblich, Doug (22 November 2014). "My Fair Sticksy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 5. Cartoon Network.
- Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (22 December 2015). Retrieved on 22 December 2015. "Alexander Soerensen: What do you call Admiral Beaverton's buddy? / Bill Freiberger: Professor Cluckins."
- Freiberger, Sam; Crede, Phaea; Shatraw, Justin (3 October 2015). "No Robots Allowed". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 46. Cartoon Network.
- Grenier, Benoit (21 January 2017). "The Evil Dr. Orbot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 63. Boomerang.
- Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (28 January 2017). "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 64. Boomerang.
- Grenier, Benoit (11 March 2017). "Unnamed Episode". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 70. Boomerang.
- Burke, Kevin; Wyatt, Chris (8 April 2017). "Muckfoot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 74. Boomerang.
- Saisselin, Peter (10 June 2017). "Lightning Bowler Society". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 83. Boomerang.
- James, Jake (26 August 2017). "If You Build It They Will Race". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 94. Boomerang.
- Grenier, Benoit (21 October 2017). "Don't Make Me Angry". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 100. Boomerang.