Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
"Prehistoric Sonic" is the fifty-first episode of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series. Despite being produced as the fifty-first episode, it aired as the fortieth episode during the show's original run. This episode is the fourth and final part of the "Quest for the Chaos Emeralds" saga.
- Beach Bunnies (first appearance)
- Cave Bears (only appearance)
- Dr. Robotnik
- Supreme High Robotnik (only appearance)
- King Arfur
- Lava Monsters (only appearance)
- Magma the Volcano God (only appearance)
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Princess Gwendolyn
- Professor Caninestein
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Super Special Sonic Search and Smash Squad
- Treasure Chest Crab (only appearance)
- Chaos Emeralds
- Time Skateboard (only appearance)
- Time Warp Boogie Board (mentioned)
Picking up where the previous episode, "Robotnik's Pyramid Scheme" left off; Dr. Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder are in the middle of a battle during a war. The trio quickly use their time machine to travel back to prehistoric times to obtain the Chaos Emerald of Life. Robotnik explains that with it, he could bring anything to life. Scratch is excited because he could become a real life chicken. Grounder does not know what he is, so he is confused to become a real life whatever he is.
At the beach once again, Sonic is enjoying a game of Volleyball with some literal Beach Bunnies. Professor Caninestein comes to find Sonic and Tails yet again. He tells them to stop Robotnik from getting the Chaos Emerald of Life in prehistoric times. He also gives Sonic his newest time traveling invention. It is a Time Skateboard which he claims is an improvement from the Time Warp Boogie Board. Sonic and Tails get on and leave for prehistoric times.
Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder find the Volcano where the Chaos emerald of Life had emerged from. Sonic and Tails follow them, not far behind. Scratch and Grounder are attacked by a pack of Cave Bears. Dr. Robotnik uses his Robot-Transmogrifier Ray on a T-Rex to take care of the primitive fuzzies. Sonic and Tails comes to their aid, but that just makes Robotnik sic the T-Rex on them instead. Sonic gets on the T-Rex's back and rides it like a horse. He uses the dinosaur to chase Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder, but they escape by zapping a pterodactyl with a roboticizer ray and flying it back to the volcano. Robotnik finds the Emerald, but it is stuck in the rock. Magma the Volcano God emerges from the lava and says Robotnik must make a sacrifice to him before he can have the emerald. Robotnik sacrifices Scratch and Grounder just as Sonic and the Cave Bears arrive to stop him.
Robotnik obtains the emerald and commands the lava to come to life and form into Lava Monsters. The lava monsters catch Sonic, Tails and the Cave Bears and throw them all in the lava (Robotnik ties Tails' tails together so he can't fly). Sonic does a spin along the walls of the volcano and rescues Tails and all the Cave Bears. Scratch and Grounder crawl out of the lava and reveal it is really only volcanic mud. Robotnik picks up the two Badniks in his pterodactyl and they fly away with the Chaos Emerald.
Robotnik travels back to Mobigypt and Sonic and Tails follow close behind. Inside the tomb of Robotnikhotep, Dr. Robotnik finds his ancestor in one piece again, sleeping with the Chaos Emerald of Immortality around his neck once again. Sonic and Tails arrive and Robotnikhotep wakes up and declares that he hates hedgehogs. Robotnik says he'll take the emerald and Robotnikhotep can take the hedgehog. Robotnik escapes in his time machine and Sonic Triple Spins Robotnikhotep into nothing. The heroic duo decide to go to King Arfur's castle next.
Robotnik arrives in medieval Mobius and Scratch and Grounder threaten to harm Princess Gwendolyn if King Arfur doesn't hand over the Chaos Emerald of Invincibility. Sonic arrives and puts on his knight armor, but since Robotnik is invincible, Sonic can't hurt him.
Finally Robotnik and his goons show up at Shark Island where they dig up the Chaos Emerald of Invisibility. Robotnik brings the treasure chest to life, making it into a Treasure Chest Crab creature. He leaves the chest to deal with Sonic while he returns to his fortress in the present.
Back at his fortress, Robotnik places all four Chaos Emeralds around his neck and transforms into the Supreme High Robotnik, master of the universe. When Sonic and Tails arrive, Robotnik attempts to finish off his nemeses once and for all by sending them back in time to the Big Bang. The duo narrowly escape, and then gather four versions of themselves from earlier points in the timeline and successfully defeat Robotnik. Afterwards, the four extra Sonics and Tailses use Robotnik's time machine to return the Emeralds to their proper owners, and also to destroy the time machine afterwards.
Tails is fiddling with the Time Skateboard trying to modify it so it goes faster. Sonic tells Tails not to try and fix electrical appliances on his own. Robotnik steals the board and gets electrocuted.
- This episode is the fourth and last part of the "Quest for the Chaos Emeralds" saga.
- This episode starts immediatly after the events of "Robotnik's Pyramid Scheme".
- Dr. Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder are still during a war as a result of the events of the previous episode.
- Dr. Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder revisit Shark Island, which was first seen in "Black Bot the Pirate", in order to get the Chaos Emerald of Invisibility.
- Dr. Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder revisit Medieval Mobius, which was first seen in "Hedgehog of the "Hound" Table", in order to get the Chaos Emerald of Invincibility.
- Dr. Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder revisit Mobigypt, which was first seen in "Robotnik's Pyramid Scheme", in order to get the Chaos Emerald of Immortality.
Title in other languages
|French||Histoire et préhistoire||History and prehistory|
|German||Die geheimnisvollen Smaragde||The Mysterious Emeralds|
|Italian||Dalla preistoria con furore||From prehistoric times with fury|
|Spanish (Spain)||Sonic prehistórico||Prehistoric Sonic|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Sonic prehistórico||Prehistoric Sonic|
- This is one of the few Sonic Sez segments to have Robotnik in it.
- Even though Supreme High Robotnik has the Chaos Emerald of Invincibility, he can still be hurt by Sonic's spins. He may not actually be invincible because he is not the king, which Merlynx pointed out was a requirement in the episode "Hedgehog of the "Hound" Table".
- During the part when Sonic and Tails escape the Big Bang and see them pass by it creates a predestination paradox.