Planet Freedom is an alternate version of Mobius in an unnamed Zone. On Planet Freedom, its version of Dr. Robotnik kidnapped Princess Sara in order to force her to marry him. Sonic and Tails battled Dr. Robotnik and his robot, Metal Robotnik, briefly after their Mobius was altered to resemble this dimension by the efforts of Chaos Knuckles. The restoration of reality ended this incident and possibly erased it from the minds of those on Mobius.
- Despite being a nod to Planet Freedom from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie, this Planet Freedom's origins appear to be different. Like in the Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie version, Dr. Robotnik's hostage was a girl named Sara. However, unlike the Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie version, this Sara was referred to as "Princess Sara", whereas in Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie Sara was the daughter of the President of South Island.
- While originally a Japanese product, the Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie version shares some similarities with Mobius Prime:
- Robotnik's base of operations is referred to as "Robotropolis" in the English dub.
- The robot soldiers commanded by Robotnik bare an uncanny resemblance to SWATbots.
- The cowboy hat which Knuckles wears in the film appears to be the same hat given to him by Hawking in the comics.
- The planet is heavily implied to be a post-apocalyptic Earth; with its desolate wastelands and ruined remains of modern-day buildings. A similar origin-story would later be adapted by the comic, with the Xorda Attack on Earth.