The Piko Piko Hammer is an object that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a magical weapon, and the signature tool of Amy Rose of the Knothole Freedom Fighters.
The Piko Piko Hammer is a powerful melee weapon despite its innocent and colorful appearance, capable of dealing incredible damage with seemingly little effort. It can effortlessly smash whole robots with a single swing and even match the fearsomely powerful Tremor Mace in strength. It is as well immensely durable, withstanding incredible heat and can deflect projectiles such as bullets and Shadow's Chaos Spears. It is not indestructible, however, since Rosy the Rascal was able to destroy it with her Anti Piko Piko Hammer.
The Piko Piko Hammer came into existence when Amy used the Ring of Acorns to make herself older. As a by-product of absorbing the power of the Ring of Acorns, Amy obtained some limited wish-granting abilities, allowing her to create the Piko Piko Hammer out of thin air whenever she wishes for it. She first used her Piko Piko Hammer when she accidentally materialized when she tried to protect a Flicky that was being hunted down by Dr. Eggman's E-100 Alpha robots.
Since obtaining the Piko Piko Hammer, Amy has used it in every battle she has participated in with incredible proficiency, though it is unknown whether it is through a natural talent or an unknown amount of practice.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Amy Rose"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #211, "Home Invasion Part 2: Security Measures"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #21, "Treasure Team Tango Part One: "The Salida""
- ↑ Sonic Universe #24, "Treasure Team Tango Step Four: The Parada"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #194, "Otherside Part 2: Cross World Conflict!"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #81, "A Rose Clucked"