Penguin Books is a British publishing house founded in 1935. It is currently an imprint of the multinational publishing conglomerate Penguin Random House. In the 1990s, Penguin published a series of Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure Gamebooks under the Fantail and Puffin Books imprints. Later starting in 2018, Penguin began publishing books based on the Sonic the Hedgehog series and its spin-off media under the Penguin Young Readers Licenses imprint, which focuses on children's books based on licensed properties. In addition, Mad Libs, which falls under the Penguin Young Readers imprint, has published Mad Libs books based on Sonic.
List of publications
The first four Adventure Gamebooks were published under the Fantail imprint, while the final two were under the Puffin Books imprint.
- Stay Sonic
- Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure Gamebook 1: Metal City Mayhem
- Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure Gamebook 2: Zone Rangers
- Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure Gamebook 3: Sonic v. Zonik
- Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure Gamebook 4: The Zone Zapper
- Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure Gamebook 5: Theme Park Panic
- Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure Gamebook 6: Stormin' Sonic
Penguin Young Readers Licenses
- Sonic and the Tales of Deception
- Welcome to the World of Sonic
- Race Against Chaos Sticker Activity Book
- Sonic and the Tales of Terror
- Meet Sonic!
- Sonic & Friends Sticker Activity Book
- Sonic the Hedgehog: The Official Movie Novelization
- Ladybird, which published several Sonic books including a series of Adventure Gamebooks like Fantail, was merged into Penguin Books in 1998.
- The other large component of parent company Penguin Random House is Random House, and one of its divisions is Ebury Publishing. Virgin Books, which published Sonic children's novels in the 1990s, is now an imprint of that division.
- Penguin Books at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.