Overload (ファイナルバースト Fainarubāsuto?, lit. "Final Burst") is a POW move used by Pir'Oth Ix's Super State in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. When using this move, Ix invokes his chaos powers to project dark chaos energy.
When performing Overload, Pir'Oth Ix's Super State floats up to his opponent where he will raise his hands and build power before releasing a blast of black chaos energy (similar to the Chaos Blast) that will engulf him and his opponent. After the blast, Ix returns to his position.
When facing off against Ix's Super State as Super Sonic, he will always use Overload before the player can perform any moves of their own. It is Ix's only move, but it is incredibly powerful, capable of taking away thousands of Health Points.
When Overload is performed in gameplay, the player has to complete a series of real-time events, by performing certain actions on the Touch Screen, in order to evade Overload optimally. If done correctly, the attack will be nullified:
- The player has to touch the inside of four circles in succession when the outer circles overlap the inner circles.
- The player has to tap an inner circle that appears eight times, before the outer circle overlaps the inner circle.
- The player has to touch the inside of three circles in succession when the outer circles overlap the inner circles.
- The player has to touch and stay inside the outer circle that appears when it overlaps the inner circle and follow it in a curve from the right side of the screen to the left.
- The player has to touch the inside of one circle when the outer circle overlap the inner circle.
Missing or not touching these circles correctly will increase the chances of the attack connecting.