Orbot is an antagonist in the Sonic Boom series. He is a robot created by Dr. Eggman and the finalized model in the Orbot Series. One of Eggman's service robots, he assists the doctor in his various schemes for world domination and the destruction of Team Sonic, alongside his partner Cubot.
Orbot is virtually identical to his game counterpart. He is a diminutive robot with a round head composed of a semispherical red cap with a smaller black semisphere under it for a lower face. His lower face can separate to reveal a light blue cover, representing his mouth, and he has two grey-framed and pupil-less light blue eyes. He has also a black ball joint for a chest and red gloves for hands. His arms and back consist each of two thin grey bars that are joined by a black and red ball joint. His lower body is a small back semisphere with a grey inside and a ball joint connecting it to his back.
Although he does not normally wear attire, Orbot has a number of costumes:
- For one of Eggman's schemes, Orbot wore a little lord Fauntleroy outfit with a matching blond wig.
- For music montages, Orbot has a rockstar costume that consists of a long-haired, spiky blond wig and a brown vest.
- From Mombot, he has a blue and white sailor suit.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
In Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, Orbot and Cubot worried that Dr. Eggman's new miner mech, D-Fekt, would replace them when Eggman introduced him. As such, they were relieved when D-Fekt failed his testrun and were relegated to lesser tasks. Orbot later came with Eggman and Cubot to Eggman's Ragnium mine on Ragna Rock when Team Sonic invaded it. Although ordered to destroy the heroes, Orbot and Cubot disappeared from the scene when D-Fekt's newly-unveiled magnetic powers destroyed the mine.
Orbot was created by Dr. Eggman as the finalized model in the Orbot Series, the successor to the Cubot Series. Dubbed "the perfect Cubot," Orbot would become one of Eggman's service robots. Over the next many years in service to Eggman, Orbot would endure much degradation.
While residing in Eggman's lair, Orbot, Cubot and Dr. Eggman learned that Sonic was seeking a new sidekick. As Orbot voiced his opinions on Sonic's demands, he was silenced by Eggman. Orbot and Cubot later joined Eggman's plan to exhaust Sonic and Tails for Obliterator Bot. Tricking the heroes into letting them stay at Tails' House, Orbot, Cubot and Eggman tired them out with obnoxious behavior. However, Eggman's plan backfired when Obliterator destroyed his lair instead, since Orbot and Cubot had not worked out the robot's kinks. The robot duo soon after saw Amy attempt therapy on Eggman.
When Eggman planned to use Tails' robot UT, Orbot and Cubot secretly replaced the real UT with a duplicate made by Eggman to break Team Sonic apart. As Tails offered to become Eggman's assistant in exchange for UT's release, Orbot was assigned to draw up a job contract, only for Tails to have been rescued when he was done. On a mission to get Eggman mechanical parts, Orbot and Cubot robbed the DangerCo Deadly Equipment Warehouse. As Team Sonic arrived, the duo had their Bee Bots distract them while they escaped with their loot, with a little help from Buster who halted Sonic.
While helping Eggman with his mail, Orbot and Cubot learned their lair was considered to be featured in Modern Lair Magazine, and were assigned to tidy it up. When that was not enough, Eggman assigned Amy to redecorate the lair, with Orbot and Cubot serving as her workers and decorations, earning them the approval of the evaluator. After Eggman imprisoned Amy, Orbot watched as Team Sonic ravaged the lair when rescuing Amy, costing the lair its spot in the magazine. When Eggman made Dave an intern in the lair, Orbot and Cubot feared Dave's enthusiasm would make them look bad. Orbot later found Cubot, having been dismantled by Dave. Since Eggman did not care, Orbot took Cubot to Tails to have him fixed. After Eggman fired Dave, Orbot and Cubot got their old jobs back.
During Eggman's work, Orbot and Cubot fearfully watched the doctor create Evil Cookies to turn Sonic evil with. When the plan backfired when Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks ate the cookies instead, Orbot and Cubot would suffer under both the evil heroes and Eggman when the latter made the former his new allies. As such, they sought Sonic's help, who cured his team.
Upon Orbot and Cubot's urging to improve their moral with a surprise party, Eggman had them set one up before erasing their memory files so the party could still be a surprise. When the amnesiac Orbot and Cubot recovered, however, they could not find Eggman. After asking Sonic and around town, it looked like Eggman had been arrested, so Orbot had them try earning bailout money. After several attempts (during which they lost the Eggmobile to T.W. Barker), they broke into the jail, but discovered the inmate was actually Willy Walrus, who told the duo where to find Eggman. At that scene, however, they came to the conclusion that Eggman had been killed by his own Disintegrator Ray and went home mourning, where Eggman surprised them with their party and explained his absence and what had happened. As a demonstration, Orbot and Cubot had their memories erased again and could thus not tell Eggman where the Eggmobile was.
As Eggman pulled out his schemes with Cowbot, Orbot and Cubot were confined to the lair. They eventually came out as Eggman's scheme failed, where they tried eating some marshmallows, only to short-circuit. When Orbot joined a laser tag exercise with Eggman and his minions, Orbot noticed the luck balance of the universe had tipped in Eggman's favor when Eggman won. With Eggman invincible with his luck, Orbot and Cubot helped him invade Seaside Island with the Mega. All went well, as even Team Sonic was unable to stop them, until Knuckles, who suffered from bad luck, caused the Mega to self-destruct when he joined them, forcing Orbot, Eggman and Cubot to retreat.
Accompanying Eggman to seize a meteor from Sonic, only for them to get knocked out, Orbot and Cubot brought Eggman home, where he claimed to be Sonic, having swapped bodies with Eggman due to the meteor. Not believing him entirely, the robot duo accompanied Sonic to Sonic's Shack where Team Sonic beat him up. Orbot and Cubot regrouped with Sonic and soon returned with their robot army. When Tails arrived though, Orbot and Cubot learned that Sonic and Eggman actually had switched bodies, a process which was soon reversed. When Eggman recovered from a slump, Orbot witnessed his master loose all motivation when he found himself unable to make choices. While Orbot could do nothing to get Eggman back in the game, Team Sonic ultimately did.
While Orbot saw Eggman play a video game, they got the news that Tails had joined the Lightning Bolt Society, something which Eggman set out to foil. Having brought back Eggman after his latest defeat, Orbot and Cubot helped him sue Sonic under the pretense that Sonic needlessly broke Eggman's neck. With Orbot providing false evidence for Eggman's case, Eggman almost won, but was foiled by Amy. Amidst Eggman's scheme to control the Village's technology with his Eggman's Tomato Sauce cans, Orbot and Cubot joined Eggman at his interview on the Comedy Chimp Show where Eggman's plan was soon after foiled by Team Sonic. On the morning of the Egg Tank's launch, Orbot enthusiastically provided Eggman's breakfast. When Eggman later created a time loop that made the day repeat itself, Orbot and everyone else (except Eggman) remained oblivious to it. As Eggman worked on this problem, Orbot would help him several times. On the day after the loop was broken, Orbot was embraced by a joyful Eggman.
Orbot and Cubot later got sent out by Eggman, who joined them in the Eggmobile, to capture a Granifer Giganticus for Eggman. At the scene, Orbot deployed Bee Bots to capture the giant, but it failed, and Sonic, who protected "Rocky", turned their badniks against them. Retreating, Orbot and Cubot joined Eggman in his meditation garden, until Team Sonic came with Rocky, whom they got to fall sleep in the garden to horrid music, which Orbot had to accept or the rock monster would go on a rampage. During a skirmish with Team Sonic, Cubot and Orbot saw Eggman get stuck inside Buddy Buddy Temple with Sonic. Free to pursue their own interests, the robots deserted Eggman, but found their freedom overwhelming and returned to the temple and Team Sonic for help. There, the duo and Team Sonic fell into the temple as its underground tunnels caved in, where they found Sonic and Eggman. Using an escape route, the two enemies got everyone out to safety. Orbot and Cubot then happily reunited with Eggman before leaving with him.
On a rough day for Orbot, he and Cubot got fed up with Eggman's callousness while he chatted with his new online friend, Nominatus (a computer virus) and left to be friends with Team Sonic. Moving in with Tails after proving their defection, the duo fought over a laptop game from Tails until they saw the laptop's surveillance had caught Nominatus taking over Eggman's system and robots for his agenda to destroy all life forms. Orbot and Cubot tried warning Eggman, but were too late, and they fled with Eggman to Team Sonic when Nominatus sent their robots after them. While the heroes covered them, Orbot and Cubot were sent into cyberspace to stop Nominatus, where they destroyed him by demonstrating too much stupidity for him to process. In the aftermath, Orbot and Cubot returned to Eggman and his lair. Sometime later, Orbot was with Eggman and Cubot in their lair when it was hit by an Eggman missile launched by Amy and Sticks.
When learning of Team Sonic's activities from Fly Bot, Orbot came with Eggman to destroy the heroes, only for Eggman to fall for a prank Team Sonic had lured him into. With Eggman swearing off technology and his lair, Orbot and Cubot were left to do Eggman's labor. When Sonic came to them as the island got attacked by Eggman's missiles and robots, Orbot revealed by accessing Eggman's computer that the Lightning Bolt Society was behind this, having seized Eggman's lair. Orbot and Cubot were shortly after shut down remotely by the Lightning Bolt Society, so Eggman helped Team Sonic stop the group, and restarted Orbot and Cubot in time to restore their lair. When Eggman became co-owner of Chez Amy, Orbot and Cubot served as the kitchen staff until Eggman had his Badniks tear the establishment down.
When the unpicked trash at the lair pilled up, Orbot and Cubot were made the target of Eggman's frustrations before he went to city hall. As Eggman later got control of the Village with the mayor's approval stamp, Orbot was summoned, this time riding Ballot Stuffer Bot, to find a form Eggman needed to pass a law. However, Orbot was knocked out by Knuckles and the stamp got destroyed. As Eggman plotted to enslave the villagers with a hypnotizing movie, Orbot served as camera man and make-up artist during the filming. When Eggman needed Sonic to battle Drill Bot for a scene, Orbot and Cubot tricked Sonic to participate by lying that Eggman was mining metal for new robots which would make them obsolete. At the showcase of the movie though, Orbot told Eggman that he forgot to install his mind-enslaver device, so he and Cubot joined Eggman in watching their movie alone after everyone left.
Orbot later joined two of Eggman's attacks which were both foiled by Team Sonic. Later spying on the Lightning Bolt Society and heard that Sonic had retired and that Team Sonic was out of town, Orbot and Cubot proposed an attack, but Eggman insisted on waiting for the right time to strike. Eventually, Orbot, Eggman and Cubot launched a sneak attack on Sonic with the Eggmobile while he was busy handling a sheep stampede. However, their attempt was ruined when Mike warned Sonic, who used the Eggmobile's weapon to herd the sheep before defeating the trio.
As Orbot and Cubot were sent out to find renegade robots who were stealing Eggman's tools, they learned it was the Cubot prototypes when they found them. As the prototypes revealed they needed to fix Cutebot, Orbot and Cubot brought in Sonic and Tails for aid. However, Orbot had to return alone when Cubot chose to stay with his prototypes. When Orbot reported back though, he was probed by Eggman for the prototypes' location so he could destroy them. During the attack, Orbot got Cubot to come back by lying that Eggman missed him. After Eggman's attacked failed due to Sonic, Tails and in part Cubot, Orbot welcomed his partner home as they resumed their work. While later in the lair, Orbot and Cubot had a suspicion something was missing, not realizing Eggman had been kidnapped.
On New Year's Eve, Orbot and Cubot tried cheering up Eggman with a New Year's Eve party, who moped over not getting one decisive victory over Sonic this year, but with no success. When Orbot presented his slow-cooked roast though, Eggman had the idea of building a Slow Motion Machine to get more time to beat Sonic, and Orbot saw him harness his slow cooker's power source (at the cost of his roast). Orbot later accompanied Eggman to the auditions for Bro-Down Showdown where he posed as Eggman's game show partner for an elaborate scheme. As planned, Orbot was discarded in favor of Eggman partnering up with Sonic. Another time, when Eggman framed Sonic for thievery, Orbot and Cubot would take tourists on tours around their lair, showing them the scene where Sonic supposedly stole Eggman's Particle Accelerator. During a heat wave where they fanned Eggman, Orbot inspired Eggman to use solar power, who then made him and Cubot install solar panels at the lair, much to their chagrin. When the Archipelago Homeowners Association noticed that Eggman was illegally housing robots, Orbot was hidden during the group's visit so Eggman could avoid eviction. However, a remote power overload during a storm made Orbot go haywire and complicate Eggman's evening.
Coming to Puppy Con (where Eggman tried trading them), Orbot and Cubot masqueraded as the Lightning Bolt Society as they caused a rockslide to distract everyone while Eggman stole a game piece, only for Eggman to return his loot later. Orbot and Cubot later came with Eggman on a raid of a toy-and-game factory where they commentated on Eggman's fight with Team Sonic, which the latter won. They repeated this for the parties' next fight which had a similar result. When Eggman then moped over Team Sonic having received an award, Orbot encouraged Eggman to get his own.
When Eggman assembled Team Eggman from the local villains, Orbot helped the group prepare to battle Team Sonic. Though the villains lost to the heroes, Orbot and Cubot enjoyed the adventure that came out of it and looked forward to what would come next.
While Orbot and Cubot were out in space with Eggman to work on a satellite, Eggman discovered an asteroid would hit the earth. Orbot subsequently assisted Eggman with his scheme to earn a profit from the situation by selling spots in his bunker to ride out the impending apocalypse in to the villagers. The asteroid, however, would be stopped by Team Sonic. Orbot, Eggman and Cubot later analyzed their lair's surveillance of a seemingly supernatural phenomenon, only to discover it was Sonic acting on a separate plane of existence.
As they watched Tails' attempts to capture Sonic for a bet through Fly Bot, Orbot, Eggman and Cubot attacked Sonic with Bee Bots when Tails trapped him. However, while Orbot and Cubot talked with Eggman, Tails rallied Team Sonic, who saved Sonic and sent Orbot and his cohorts flying. When he and Cubot later asked Eggman about his latest defeat to Team Sonic, Orbot gave Eggman some tea which inspired him to make Sonic fight him underwater. Before Eggman began his plan though, Orbot and Cubot provided music for him as he made a washing machine. Orbot later accompanying Eggman on his mind-control scheme with Dreamcaster (whom Orbot envied). Watching Eggman's plan unfold in the Village Center, Orbot fled from there with Eggman and Cubot when Team Sonic foiled the plan. Then, when dimwitted Tails clones invaded the lair, Orbot saw Eggman and Team Sonic round the clones up.
After having been left to go home alone (with nobody giving them a lift) for talking back to Eggman after their loss to Team Sonic in the Egg Tank, Orbot and Cubot were given a grueling task. Meanwhile, Amy advised them to stand up to Eggman's abuse by striking. Taking Amy's advice when Eggman went too far, Orbot and Cubot began protesting, with all of Eggman's robots soon joining them, while also scorning Eggman's replacement lackeys. As Orbot was about to give up despite Amy's efforts though, Eggman cracked and promised Orbot to treat him and the others better (but still without respect). Orbot later came along with Eggman when he failed to get a newly-instated permit for villainy. When Eggman would not wait for a do-over, Orbot was elected to get the permit so Eggman could guide him from the background. Downloading an evil textbook into his memory, Orbot aced the exam. However, while executing Eggman's schemes, Orbot went power-mad as his tactics had more succes that Eggman's. Eventually, he left with some of Eggman's tech and Cubot to become his own villain. As he fought Team Sonic when attacking City Hall though, Orbot blew up the permits' records, allowing Eggman, who made Orbot think he had used him for this, to resume villainy. Orbot was then reset to normal by Cubot, who had enough of his new attitude.
When a corrupt Sonic became his partner, Eggman tried having a secret talk with Orbot and Cubot about stealing Sonic's new mech suit, only to notice that Sonic had heard him. Failing to use Orbot and Cubot as scapegoats, Eggman fled from Sonic. Soon after, Orbot would contribute to Eggman's creation of FiendBot. After FiendBot failed, Orbot observed Eggman as he made a weapon to replace FiendBot. Orbot would later help Eggman search for Ancient mech suits by excavating for him, but when Team Sonic appeared and trashed their workforce, Orbot departed with Eggman and Cubot. During a power outage later on, Orbot was able to stay online thanks to his batteries. He could thus meet Team Sonic when they came by the lair under the assumption that Eggman caused the blackout. After then helping Eggman win the referendum to determine a new name for the Village, which Eggman used to become Village leader, Orbot helped Eggman prepare to demolish the Village. However, he got showed aside by Eggman himself when the plan fell apart.
For Eggman's next plot, Orbot and Cubot aided Eggman with a presentation to Meh Burger's owner, Mr. Slate, which got Meh Burger's staff replaced with robot workers. The duo later accompanied Eggman after he sent Meh Burger into space (for a time). Soon after, Orbot would, as always, salvage the remains of Eggman's Badniks from the robots' latest battle. Following Eggman on his attempt to win the Science Fair Awards with his Eggs-Boson Super-configurator, Orbot supported the doctor when he lost, but got showed aside just as Eggman got the idea for a robot mother. Watching Eggman and "Mombot", Orbot went along with Mombot's plans to have Eggman make peace with Sonic, much to Eggman's dismay. When Eggman tried to erase Mombot's memory however, Orbot and Cubot secretly took Eggman's magnet for him when he changed his plan in the act. Orbot soon after came with Eggman on an attack on the Village. There, he escaped with Eggman after Team Sonic stopped him. Another time, Orbot and Cubot was dealing with Eggman's return from the beach when Steve Eggman―Eggman's supposedly long-lost brother―visited them. Stopping Cubot from shooting Steve, Orbot saw Eggman kick Steve out after a brief tour. Following this, he would help Eggman spy on Team Sonic.
Orbot and Cubot later met Mighton and Bolts when Eggman brought them home. Eventually, the duo was offered a home in Morristown―a robot utopia―by Bolts when he and Mighton prepared to depart. The duo liked the offer, but when Eggman imprisoned Mighton and Bolts to get info from them, Orbot and Cubot ratted out Eggman to Team Sonic so the team could save Mighton and Bolts. After Mighton and Bots were freed and beat up Eggman though, Orbot and Cubot realized Eggman needed them and declined Bolts' offer. As they tended to Eggman though, Orbot and Cubot got infected by malware from Hypnobot, who made them attack the Village alongside other infected robots. For this task, the duo took control of Octopus Bot, but were stopped by Sonic. Still, Orbot continued with his onslaught, although Amy, Knuckles and Sticks kept him at bay. Eventually though, Orbot regained his free will when Hypnobot's control was broken, only to resume his rampage on his own accord. Returning to Eggman's lair, Orbot helped Eggman revive Hypnobot after the doctor found him in a lake. As Eggman and Hypnobot formed an alliance to conquer Morristown, Orbot got psyched about going there. Instead, the two villains had him do work in the lair.
Orbot eventually joined Eggman when the doctor reviewed his past creations in an effort to defeat Team Sonic. Watching Eggman create his miniscule FleaBots after getting an idea new approach, Orbot and Cubot handled planting them on Team Sonic (despite briefly releasing the FleaBots in the lair), thus turning the heroes into itchy messes. Orbot later saw Team Sonic come to the lair and make the FleaBots stick to Eggman, leaving Orbot to help Eggman get them off. When Eggman then got ingored by what appeared to be Sonic, Orbot helped Eggman distract Sonic while Eggman tried to attack him. When that failed and Eggman attacked Sonic with his army instead, Orbot noticed in the aftermath that what they thought to be Sonic was a decoy dummy. Later on, Orbot advised Eggman to talk to the government when trash began piling up at the lair. When that left Eggman with a trash collection fee to pay however, he decided to turn his lair into a hotel to earn some cash, which Orbot and Cubot would advertise for the doctor. Orbot also aided Eggman with his struggle to run his hotel while he needed it. After everything went back to normal though, Orbot noticed Eggman was stuck with his original trash problem again.
Orbot soon came with Eggman on a shopping trip to the DangerCo Deadly Equipment Warehouse. Because Eggman had no doctorate however, the clerk would not sell them anything. When Eggman then became a public joke because of his missing doctorate, Orbot inspired Eggman to go back to school to get one. After Eggman got exam anxiety however, Orbot helped him steal the answers for the final exam. When Eggman then thought that a ghost was haunting him, Orbot helped him research exorcism until Sonic and Tails, after they played a prank on them, convinced Eggman otherwise. Orbot later became T.W. Barker's when Barker conned Eggman into giving him his property. Orbot and Cubot soon after got contacted by Eggman through a communicator in Cubot, who had them plant a virus in his systems that forced Barker to return Eggman's property to him, although Orbot got caught by one of Barker's Stunt Bears in the attempt. Orbot later accompanied Eggman until the latter got inspired to build a new MeBot. Orbot also saw MeBot's testrun, which showed it was too power-consuming. When Eggman then learned of the Tummel Crystal, which could power MeBot, Orbot joined Eggman's excavation of the crystal in Buddy Buddy Temple. When they breached the Froglodyte Caves however, Orbot got taken out by a natural AI-disabling pulse.
While waiting on Eggman in his lair, Orbot and Cubot found his Anti Gravity Ray, which got stuck on Cubot with its control knob torn off by Orbot after they fooled around with it. The device quickly made Cubot nuts and turned him into a floating gravity field that picked up anything. Orbot himself got caught in Cubot's gravity field and was pulled along when Cubot got flung out of the lair on a small trip. When Cubot then began taking his captives to space, Orbot helped Sonic ground them when the hero came to save them by giving Sonic the Anti Gravity Ray's knob. On the ground, Cubot got fixed by having the Anti Gravity Ray removed, which Knuckles then smashed when it began crushing Orbot and everyone else with gravity. Afterward, Eggman made Orbot help his robots turn his lair away from the Sunday breeze manually. Orbot later followed Eggman around when the doctor sought to get the rec center. When Eggman ended up arranging a soccer match with Team Sonic over ownership of the rec center, Orbot tried out for Eggman's soccer team, but failed. Instead, he inspired Eggman to make Team Cybonic play for him using mind-control. For the remainder of Eggman's plan, Orbot rode around with him in the Eggmobile. During this, Orbot helped Eggman's scheme. When Eggman lost the match and Team Sonic freed Team Cybonic however, the teams got some payback on Orbot and his associates.
On Race Day, Orbot and Cubot brought Eggman his Eggmobile's car module, which Eggman needed to compete in an auto race. Afterward, Orbot would watch the ensuing race among the spectators. Orbot later hanged out with Eggman until the doctor had Orbot befriend him on FriendSpace so Eggman could pass on an online chain letter. When Eggman then wanted to start a social media site, Orbot helped give him ideas for it. When Orbot later served Eggman food, the doctor wanted a Meh Burger, delivered by Sonic, instead. As it turned out, Eggman wanted to exploit Meh Burger's delivery policy: if he could delay his meal's delivery by the new delivery boy, Sonic, for three minutes, his meal would be free and Sonic would be humiliated. Orbot soon helped Eggman with his scheme when the doctor could not do it alone though. As a part of Eggman's plan to slow down Sonic when he had to deliver Eggman's latest meal, Orbot had Sonic deliver another one to Gogoba Village first. However, Orbot was unable to slow Sonic down for long. Orbot returned to Eggman's lair with Cubot afterward, which they entered through a secret tunnel. Unfortunately, Sonic saw them use the tunnel and used it to deliver Eggman's meal on time.
Orbot was later with Eggman in his lair when Team Sonic came to foil the doctor's newest scheme. During the subsequent battle, a malfunction in the HQ room made the lair's sorting system send Orbot and Sticks to the lair's living room, with the lair's lockdown protocol trapping them there soon after. Turning off the cooling vents, the two traveled to Amy and Tails in the basement through the vents, only to learn that the lair's Mootonium was about to explode. Hearing Eggman communicate with them in morse code through the pipes however, Orbot helped the group talk to Eggman. After Orbot helped the group relay Eggman's instructions on how to undo the lockdown to Sonic in the HQ room, which earned him praise from Sticks, he and everyone else fled the lair before it exploded. Later, after helping Eggman pack for his trip to the Villain Retreat, Orbot and Cubot met Team Sonic, who wanted the Bee Bots attacking them to be called off. Without Eggman and his security code however, the robotic duo could not help them.
While watching Eggman, Orbot saw him attempt to make himself stronger with purple rays. Instead, he got a condition that turned him into a cute creature whenever he got angry.When Eggman first morphed, Orbot and Cubot had to capture him when he fled to the village. Back home, Orbot let Eggman in on his condition, which would wear off if he stayed calm for two days. Orbot later went shopping with Eggman, during which Eggman's condition got exposed to the public. Orbot stayed afterward at home with Eggman in an anger-free setting. However, when Beth the Shrew, whom Eggman had gotten fond of, got stuck in the lair's trash compactor, Orbot proved too big to go in and save her. While Eggman managed to save Beth with creature form, it meant he had to start over his no-anger regiment. Some time after, Orbot joined Cubot, Eggman, Mombot and Morpho on a family vacation to Roboken. Although Orbot had a good time there, he and the others had to leave after Eggman and Morpho stole Bolts' smart chip. Back on earth, where they got cornered by Mighton, Cyborg Sonic and Team Sonic, Mombot ended up with the chip, prompting the heroes to charge at her. However, Orbot helped his family stand in the heroes' way to protect Mombot. Eggman then returned the chip to save Mombot. Orbot later got trapped with Cubot and Eggman in the lair by the Cubot prototypes and D-Fekt. However, Eggman managed to break them out. After the lair was reclaimed, Orbot saw Eggman get ready to fight D-Fekt.
When Eggman wanted to mo-cap Team Sonic for his video game, Orbot would observe the doctor's convoluted plot to capture Team Sonic's moves. Orbot would afterward inspire Eggman to mo-cap Shadow for his game's main character. Orbot subsequently helped Eggman get a recoding from Sonic that Eggman used to trick Shadow into fighting Team Sonic so the doctor could capture Shadow's moves. When Shadow came after Eggman at his lair to exact on revenge on the doctor for how he manipulated him though, Orbot was ordered by Eggman to slow down Shadow while he fled. Although Orbot complied, he got beaten up by Shadow as a result. After then witnessing an abnormally brought about by Eggman's actions that nearly destroyed the universe, Orbot and Cubot would locate Eggman. There, Orbot told Eggman that all his mo-cap files were destroyed during the abnormality.
The Big Boom
When Dr. Eggman was having his breakfast served in his lair, Orbot answered the door when someone was calling. There, Orbot met Knuckles who wanted to join the doctor. With their new ally, Orbot accompanied Eggman on his attack on Seaside Island where he helped stow away Sonic, Tails, Amy and Sticks in the Big Boy mech's cargo hold with Cubot after Knuckles and Eggman had encaged them. On their way to attack the Village however, Orbot, Eggman and Cubot were betrayed by Knuckles who threw Orbot and Cubot away when they tried to protect Eggman. The duo later asked Team Sonic for a lift home after Eggman was beaten, to which Knuckles complied to by throwing them out to Eggman as he retreated.
Back in the lair, Orbot and Cubot were assigned to repair the Big Boy. There, Orbot found Cubot inside the Big Boy, fooling around with Amy's Hammer which had been stuck. Orbot insisted they gave the hammer to Eggman, but when Cubot refused to hand it over, they began fighting over it, which Orbot quickly wanted for himself too. However, their fight trashed the Big Boy as it took off, and when they lost the grip on Amy's Hammer, it ricocheted away while making the Big Boy fall apart. The robots soon found Eggman amongst the parts and tried explaining themselves. After repairing and upgrading the Big Boy again, Orbot and Cubot accompanied Eggman as he went out for his appointed battle with Team Sonic. While fighting, Eggman contemplated on going home after several humiliations, until Orbot restored his resolve. However, Sticks used the Rock of Justice on the Big Boy which ricocheted into the mech and destroyed it from the inside. Orbot therefore retreated back to the lair with Eggman and Cubot, where Eggman revealed to him that he had another creation ready for Team Sonic.
Boom Shaka-laka and Worlds Unite
As Eggman sought to get the villagers' trust for future schemes, Orbot provided the doctor with several suggestions which culminated in the Eggtoberfest meant to buy the villagers' trust with. Though Orbot helped Eggman run the Eggtoberfest, the carnival was laid to waste when Eggman unleashed his army on the villagers which was stopped by Team Sonic. With Eggman's plan ruined, Orbot tried cheering him up. A short while later, when Eggman enacted his scheme to get Team Sonic's bio-data for Project Hodge Podge during the Go-kart Pan-island Grand Prix, Orbot and Cubot joined as participants to aid Eggman. In the race, Orbot tried running Tails off the road with Cubot, but the duo ended up hitting each other. They quickly started fighting over who was at fault, which made them crash while their master lost the race to Sonic despite getting his data.
Shortly after the race, Orbot and Cubot got back to Eggman's lair where they met Team Sticks and the Maverick Hunters and tried to make them leave. Threatened into submission by Zero, they agreed to help them by using a machine made by Eggman to create a Genesis Portal to their destination. The duo's encounter with the group would be erased when Xander Payne rewrote history.
In the weeks that followed Orbot's assistance with Eggman's MeBot, he and Cubot brought the doctor a gorilla he had ordered. However, Orbot snuck away when the gorilla went berserk until Sonic took care of it. To Orbot's frustration though, Eggman later had him order another gorilla. Orbot continued to wait on Eggman, until the new gorilla arrived, whom beat up Eggman as well, while Orbot watched.
Other game appearances
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
Orbot is described as the "stiffbot" of him and Cubot, and has a polished demeanor which goes along with his smooth surface. Though Orbot is the smarter (though not by very much), more serious and firmer of the duo, he is just as prone to bumbling around as Cubot is. While not perfect of character, he is loyal by default, though he will only obey orders after being threatened as dictated by his programming. Orbot speaks calmly, formally, and without a filter. He is honest to a fault and offers unsolicited, withering assessments of his master (albeit in an indirect manner).
More level-headed and sensible than his creator, Orbot prefers thought-out, resource-conserving and discrete tactics (which have proven quite efficient) in contrast to Eggman's brutish and destruction-orientated plans. He is also known to have a sense of sassiness and sarcasm (which stems from his "wit-chip"). He usually shows this side of him when dealing with Eggman's attitude and reviewing Eggman's plans. Supposedly, he is also a natural raconteur.
At his core, Orbot is a mindless servant. While capable of making his own choices and forming his own personal opinions, Orbot is weak-willed and unable to be alone as he is extremely dependent on others, and having total freedom overwhelms him with anxiety over the concept of choosing for himself. Fearing as well that he will get scrapped without a job to fulfill, he will always come groveling back to his employer and gladly demean himself as much as he can in order to resume his duties whenever he is left without someone to serve, showcasing a complete lack of dignity on his behalf. Supposedly, Orbot also has "Bot-holm syndrome" which makes him ultimately agree with anything Eggman says.
Powers and abilities
Orbot is equipped with a number of additional functions. His mouth works as either a paper shredder for shredding letters, a juicer for making drinks or a printer for printing papers. His eyes also double as both flashlights and movie projectors, and he has a button on his back that can erase up to a day worth of memory files. By pressing both his eyes at the same time, one can also reset Orbot, effectively returning him to normal when an issue in his systems arises. He is also connected to the computer in Dr. Eggman's lair, allowing him to access data from the lair remotely and download information directly into his memory. Innate functions aside, Orbot is also shown being able to understand and speak in morse code.
Orbot has his own kill switch in Eggman's lair which can deactivate and reactivate him remotely. As an Eggman robot, he is also able to receive power remotely from Eggman's lair. Unlike other Eggman robots however, Orbot possesses long-life batteries which can keep him operational for years without recharging.
Orbot is one of the closest things Dr. Eggman has to a friend. While Orbot tries to earn the doctor's respect as much as possible, he gets noting but terrible treatment in return. Also, despite Orbot being one of his closest lackeys, Eggman does not trust him to be in control of pretty much anything in his stead. In turn, Orbot has a subtle, but noticeable dislike of Eggman. As such, he has gone as far as to celebrate his liberation from Eggman when he thought he was incapacitated and play pranks on him. Also, when one of Eggman's plans or creations appear questionable or do not turn out as planned, Orbot tends to make sarcastic remarks.
Regardless of his sour opinion about Eggman, Orbot depends on him as he cannot cope with being on his own. In addition, he fears that he will be sent to the scrapheap if he can no longer be of service to him. He will therefore ultimately come groveling back to Eggman whenever he leaves him, regardless of how much he must beg Eggman for forgiveness and how little he gets out of it. It is also Orbot's personal belief that Eggman's abusive treatment is the doctor's funny way of showing that he cares about him. Similarly, Orbot genuinely cares about Eggman deep down, having wept when he thought Eggman was dead and has embraced him caringly on a few occasions. He also dislikes seeing Eggman emotionally in the dumps and will offer him unwaveringly moral support and unconditional love when he needs it, in spite of Eggman's constant abuse.
Overall, Orbot is loyal to Eggman, and endures much of his abuse and excruciating tasks without asking questions. Even when offered to live in a robot utopia, Orbot chose to stay at Eggman's side, knowing that Eggman depends on him to take care of him. However, his loyalty is not absolute; as put by himself, he is only "mostly-loyal" to the doctor. He likewise has his limits for how much of Eggman's callous behavior he can take. As such, he has been known to go behind Eggman's back to seek out Sonic's aid when Eggman becomes too much or keep things he should hand over to Eggman. He also has a tendency to say things Eggman wishes not to hear, even in front of Team Sonic, and offers true, unspoken judgements of him. Even so, Orbot will never outright blame Eggman for his own defeats (regardless of how true it is). He is similarly very much afraid of Eggman's wrath and threats of decommissioning, and would rather face Knuckles in a fight.
Cubot is Orbot's companion in the service of Dr. Eggman. Despite their conflicting personalities, they are an inseparable pair. Between them, Orbot usually has his patience tested by Cubot's stupidity to the point where he will lash out at him, and is often the one who has to take charge of him. Regardless, this does not damage their relationship very much as Orbot has come to expect this behavior for Cubot and so always forgives his mess-ups. Orbot also deeply cares for Cubot's well-being as he was horrified when he found him disassembled by Dave and was determined to put him back together.
Orbot is on good terms with Mombot, who lovingly treats him as a part of her extended family. In fact, Mombot is perhaps the only person who has ever showed any genuine care for him besides Cubot. Although they have not been shown interacting with each other very much, Orbot was nonetheless willing to put his own safety on the line to protect Mombot when she was about to get smashed by Team Sonic and their allies.
- Team Sonic
- Dave the Intern
- The official artwork used for Orbot is the same as the one for his main series counterpart in Sonic Colors.
- Along with Cubot, Orbot did not have any design changes for the Sonic Boom franchise.
- Orbot's startup sounds resemble the Microsoft Windows start-up sounds.
- Orbot is no. 347 on Dr. Eggman's ranking list.
- While Orbot cannot eat organic food like marshmallows without short-circuiting (despite wanting to), he can ingest materials like oil.
- Orbot can play the keytar and guitar, whether it be acoustic or electric.
- Orbot has a middle name. However, the writers have not specified one as of yet.
- Orbot is the robot that Sticks the Badger hates the least.
- The reason for why Orbot has yet to be seen having retracted into a sphere in the Sonic Boom television series is because the writers have yet to have a story-driven reason to do it.
- ↑ Doctor MK (25 February 2014). Sonic Boom Behind the Scenes: English VAs, Orbot & Cubot Confirmed. Retrieved on 5 March 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Grenier, Benoit (21 January 2017). "The Evil Dr. Orbot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 63. Boomerang.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (24 December 2016). "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 59. Boomerang.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Sellner, Joelle (1 April 2017). "Mombot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 73. Boomerang.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Grenier, Benoit (24 July 2015). "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 36. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "The Sidekick". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 1. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 2. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Polsky, Dave (15 November 2014). "Translate This". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 3. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Watson, Mitch (22 November 2014). "Fortress of Squalitude". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 6. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 November 2014). "Double Doomsday". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 7. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Derrien, Jean-Christophe; Liemt, Romain Van (6 December 2014). "Eggheads". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 8. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 January 2015). "Dude, Where's My Eggman?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 10. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Pugsley, Tom; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (31 January 2015). "Cowbot". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 11. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Polsky, Dave (14 February 2015). "Unlucky Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 13. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 Van Liemt, Romain; Derrien, Christophe (21 February 2015). "The Meteor". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 14. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (28 February 2015). "Aim Low". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 15. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Milano, Dan (7 March 2015). "How to Succeed in Evil Without Really Trying". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 16. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Sellner, Joelle (4 April 2015). "Hedgehog Day". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 20. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Tuber, Douglas; Maile, Tim (11 April 2015). "Sleeping Giant". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 21. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 24.5 24.6 24.7 Lieblich, Doug (18 April 2015). "The Curse of Buddy Buddy Temple". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 22. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Raut-Siezac, Natalys (25 April 2015). "Let's Play Musical Friends". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 23. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (9 May 2015). "Into the Wilderness". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 25. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 Freiberger, Sam; Crede, Phaea; Shatraw, Justin (3 October 2015). "No Robots Allowed". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 46. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (17 October 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (3 December 2016). "Alone Again, Unnaturally". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 56. Boomerang.
- ↑ 42.0 42.1 Flynn, Ian (17 November 2016). "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 58. Boomerang.
- ↑ 43.0 43.1 43.2 Shriver, Pauk (31 December 2016). "In the Midnight Hour". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 60. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (7 January 2017). "Multi-Tails". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 61. Boomerang.
- ↑ 45.00 45.01 45.02 45.03 45.04 45.05 45.06 45.07 45.08 45.09 45.10 Beardmore, Marie (14 January 2017). "Strike!". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 62. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (4 February 2017). "Mech Suits Me". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 65. Boomerang.
- ↑ 47.0 47.1 47.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (11 February 2017). "FiendBot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 66. Boomerang.
- ↑ Flynn, Ian (18 February 2017). "Og Man Out". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 67. Boomerang.
- ↑ 49.0 49.1 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (11 March 2017). "Unnamed Episode". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 70. Boomerang.
- ↑ Baraou, Anne (18 March 2017). "Robot Employees". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 71. Boomerang.
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 Robinson, Cindy (25 March 2017). "Give Bees A Chance". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 72. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Siezac, Natalys (15 April 2017). "Nominatus Rising". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 75. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (22 April 2017). "Eggman's Brother". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 76. Boomerang.
- ↑ Saisselin, Peter (29 April 2017). "Do Not Disturb". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 77. Boomerang.
- ↑ 56.0 56.1 56.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (6 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 1". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 78. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (27 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 4". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 81. Boomerang.
- ↑ Beardmore, Marie (3 June 2017). "Flea-ing From Trouble". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 82. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 June 2017). "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 85. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (1 July 2017). "Inn Sanity". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 86. Boomerang.
- ↑ 63.0 63.1 Freiberger, Sam (8 July 2017). "Mister Eggman". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 87. Boomerang.
- ↑ Joly, Sandrine (15 July 2017). "The Haunted Lair". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 88. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (22 July 2017). "Return of the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 89. Boomerang.
- ↑ Beardmore, Marie (29 July 2017). "Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 90. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (5 August 2017). "Victory". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 91. Boomerang.
- ↑ James, Jake (26 August 2017). "If You Build It They Will Race". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 94. Boomerang.
- ↑ Saisselin, Peter (2 September 2017). "Chain Letter". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 95. Boomerang.
- ↑ Gutierrez, Freddie (30 September 2017). "Three Minutes or Less". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 97. Boomerang.
- ↑ 71.0 71.1 71.2 Gralewski, Françoise (7 October 2017). "Lair On Lockdown". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 98. Boomerang.
- ↑ 72.0 72.1 Grenier, Benoit (14 October 2017). "You and I Bee-come One". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 99. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (21 October 2017). "Don't Make Me Angry". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 100. Boomerang.
- ↑ 74.0 74.1 Harrison, Reid (28 October 2017). "Eggman Family Vacation". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 101. Boomerang.
- ↑ Pontac, Ken; Graff, Warren (4 November 2017). "Return to Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 102. Boomerang.
- ↑ Derrien, Jean-Christophe (11 November 2017). "Eggman: The Video Game Part 1". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 103. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (11 November 2017). "Eggman: The Video Game Part 2: The End of the World". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 104. Boomerang.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #1, "Getting a Little Boulder Part One of... Er... One"
- ↑ 79.0 79.1 79.2 Sonic Boom #2, "Knuckleduster"
- ↑ 80.0 80.1 80.2 80.3 Sonic Boom #3, "Hammer Spaced"
- ↑ 81.0 81.1 Sonic Boom #4, "Sticks and Stones"
- ↑ 82.0 82.1 Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #6, "Everybody's Super Sonic Racing Part One"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #7, "Everybody's Super Sonic Racing Part 2"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #8, "Worlds Unite Part Two: Broken Heroes"
- ↑ Mega Man #52, "Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #11, "Eggman Gets a Gorilla"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #11, "True Stories"
- ↑ 89.0 89.1 89.2 89.3 89.4 89.5 89.6 SONIC BOOM. Characters: Orbot & Cubot. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved on 25 July 2014.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (25 March 2017). Retrieved on 25 March 2017. “Bill Freiberger: Please don’t ask what “Orbot’s middle name” & “Mombot’s maiden serial number” are. They don’t exist. It’s just a joke.”
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (22 February 2017). Retrieved on 22 February 2017. “Alexander Soerensen: Mr. Freiberger, why don't we ever see Orbot and Cubot retracted into a sphere and cube, like in the games and comics? / Bill Freiberger: We haven't had a story driven reason to do it.”