The Options Satellite (オプションサテライト Opushon Sateraito?) is the place where the player can adjust settings in the Wii version of Sonic Colors and Sonic Colors: Ultimate to their liking. It has four main points of accessing the options: to adjust some of the game's features, the option to view all the game's cutscenes, the option to change one's player profile by change their icon and name, and the option to view worldwide scores on the game's levels.
Settings, which is indicated by the tools sign, is where the player can change some of the game's features:
- Navigator: The option to turn the Navigator on and off.
- Sound: The option to switch the characters' voice language between English and Japanese.
- Text: The option to change the text language between English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.
- Nintendo GameCube Controller Settings: The option to turn the Rumble feature for 1P and 2P off and on, if the player uses a Nintendo GameCube controller.
- Super Sonic: The option to toggle the Super Sonic feature on and off. It is unlocked after the player clears all 21 stages of Game Land.
Thather, which is indicated by the film strip symbol, is where the player can view all the game's cutscenes unlocked as they progress through the story.
Mii, which is indicated by the word "Mii", is where the player has two choices:
- Change Mii or Icon: The player can select their icon ranging from Sonic, Tails, Dr. Eggman, Cubot, Orbot, and Yacker or their Miis.
- Change Name: The player can change their player name.
Leaderboards, which is indicated by the "Wii" symbol, is where the player can use the Wii's Nintendo Wi-Fi connection to compare scores from all around the world in three categories: "Local, Top 20, and Friends". One can do this with the scores from all Acts and bosses from Tropical Resort, Sweet Mountain, Starlight Carnival, Planet Wisp, Aquarium Park, Asteroid Coaster and Terminal Velocity along with the scores from Game Land and Challenge Mode.
Sonic Colors: Ultimate
Stats allows the player to see how many story Acts they have completed, how many Chaos Emeralds have been obtained, how many Red Star Rings have been collected, and how many Rival Rushes against Metal Sonic have been completed.
My Records is where the player can see their rank, time, score, and Red Star Rings for each act of an area.
The Super Sonic menu shows the player's progress on which Chaos Emeralds they have unlocked as well as toggle Super Sonic on or off. There's also of list of criteria for activating Super Sonic and what he can do. These are:
- At least 50 Rings are activated during play.
- Mode consumes 1 Ring per second.
- Wisp powers disabled when active.
- Provides unlimited boost.
- Increased jump height.
- Enemy invincibility.
- Can destroy Chroma Cubes.
Toggling between Super Sonic and regular Sonic is done with the shoulder buttons.
Extras is where game cutscenes can be watched and music can be listened to. Both cutscenes and music tracks are titled and come with images of the location they take place in, however, most of them cannot be viewed/listened to until a specific act is cleared. While viewing movies, subtitles can be enabled or disabled.
Achievements is where the player can view any earned and locked achievements, such by clearing areas and performing certain tasks. This is only available in the Nintendo Switch and PC versions, as the Xbox One and PS4 have achievements and trophies, respectivefuly.
Settings is where the player can change some of the game's features:
- Video only changes the brightness. In the PC version, additional options have been added, such as Resolution, Window Type, Monitor Number and V-Sync.
- Audio changes the music and sound effects volume, as well as changing the Text and Voice Languages. Unlike the original version, the characters' voice language can be changed between English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese. Also, the text language can be changed between English (UK), English (US), French (Canada), French (France), German, Italian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Polish, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Korean. Selecting Default on either one of the two will match the system language.
- Controls changes the mapping of buttons and keys for certain actions.
- When Super Sonic is enabled, the Options Satellite in the area map glows with a golden color similar to Super Sonic's fur color.
- The set of cutscenes at Sweet Mountain and Starlight Carnival that are available first is dependent on which boss stage among the two Areas the player completes first; if Sweet Mountain's Captain Jelly is done first, then Movies 6, 8, 10 and 12 are first avaiable, and if Starlight Carnival's Frigate Orcan is done first, then Movies 7, 9, 11 and 13 are first available. The other set of cutscenes are not available until the player completes the game.