NiGHTMARE Zone is a DLC stage that comes with the Deadly Six Bonus Edition of Sonic Lost World for Wii U/PC. In this Zone, the player fights the Deadly Six with their mechs re-skinned in the form of the bosses from the game NiGHTS into Dreams...
The stage opens with Sonic running along a strip of land in Windy Hill before being taken to Nightmare by Wizeman. Through a Paraloop portal trap set by Reala, Sonic is thrown into a series of boss encounters with the Deadly Six and Wizeman's second level Nightmarens. After the bosses are defeated, NiGHTS appears and traps Reala in a Paraloop, freeing Sonic from Wizeman's curse.
- Zazz's Moon Mech is replaced with opera Nightmaren Puffy.
- Zomom's totem platform is replaced with one of Wizeman's hands.
- Master Zik's fruit is replaced with fish Nightmaren Gulpo.
- Zeena's snowmen are replaced with cat Nightmaren Clawz and his mouse fireworks.
- Zor's robotic owl is replaced with caped Nightmaren Jackle.
- Zavok's robotic dragon is replaced with dragon Nightmaren Gillwing.
- Many elements from the NiGHTS series appear in this stage.
- Blue Chips and yellow rings appear during the auto-running segments, essentially taking the place of Rings.
- Instead of saving Animal friends, Sonic saves Nightopians.
- Instead of normal Cannons, the Boosters from the NiGHTS series are seen.
- At the end of the stage, Sonic breaks a NiGHTS Capture from NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams containing Nightopians, instead of a Capsule containing Animals.
- At the entrance to the stage on the World Map, a dream cloud is shown depicting NiGHTS flying by the Bellbridge clock tower from NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. When selected, Sonic lays down and goes to sleep, indicating the zone is nothing more then a dream like in the games it comes from. Upon completion of the stage, Sonic wakes up and the dream cloud disappears.
- Furthermore, two of the BGM tracks playing in NiGHTMARE Zone are the same BGM tracks taken from NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.
- NiGHTS' appearance in this stage marks the twelfth time NiGHTS has appeared in a Sonic game.
- Likewise, this also marks the eighteenth time NiGHTS has appeared in a game alongside Sonic.
- All seven of the bosses from NiGHTS into Dreams... appear in this Zone.
- Reala appears in this stage, but the player does not fight him.
- This is the first DLC stage to be released for Sonic Lost World.
- Due to the other two DLC stages being based on Nintendo-exclusive properties, this is the only DLC stage in Sonic Lost World that appeared in the PC version.