The Newtron is a character that appears in the Sonic the Comic series published by Fleetway Editions. It is a chameleon-based Badnik variant created by Dr. Ivo Robotnik. They are among the first generation of Badniks produced by Robotnik.
In their early years, the Newtrons and the Badnik army were deployed by Dr. Robotnik to guard his Neutrino Accelerator from Sonic, but were destroyed in a flash. The Newtrons in the Marble Zone later caught Tufftee when he came to their Zone and tormented him until they tried to put him through their Portable Badnik Processor, but got smashed just as Sonic arrived. More Newtrons would also try threatening Tails into becoming a Badnik and join the invasion force of the Hidden Zone, only to meet similar ends at Sonic's hand.
During Robotnik's reign over Mobius, some Newtrons would work at Robotnik's bases. Others would also serve the Marxio Brothers, lackeys of Robotnik, in their schemes, but were wiped out by Knuckles. More Newtrons also attacked the Freedom Fighters when they were at their weakest, but were foiled by Shortfuse the Cybernik. On the day where Robotnik's tyranny ended, Newtrons and other Badniks were called in by Grimer to contain the uprising rebels in the Metropolis Zone until a global electromagnetic created by Super Sonic made them shut down.
The Newtrons were seemingly decommissioned after Robotnik's downfall. However, D.R.A.T. acquired the plans to build their own Newtrons without the need for organic batteries. When unleashed though, Sonic and Tails easily handled these outdated Badniks.
Powers and abilities
The Newtrons are basic melee fighters of the Badnik army, attacking enemies with their claws, teeth and tails.
- The Newtron appeared as a pin-up in Sonic the Comic #69.
- Early Newtron models were quadraped, but in later issues they became bipedal.
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #1, "Enter: Sonic"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #3, "Mayhem in the Marble Zone"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #4, "Day of the Badniks"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #12, "Hidden Danger!"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #42, "A Day in the Life of Robotnik"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #44, "Carnival Night Conspiracy, Part 6"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #89, "A New Hope"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #99, "No Exit"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #100, "The Final Victory"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #121, "Hobson & Choy, Part 1"