The Mystic Melody is a technique that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-off comic series published by Archie Comics. It is a magical technique connected to the positive mystical forces of Sonic's World.
When performing the Mystic Melody, the user forms a transverse flute-like object of energy and plays a melody on it. With the Mystic Melody, the user can perform several feats, such as helping Chao with their reincarnation cycles, activate magic rings to power Meropis, sustain the watery shield that protects the citizens from harm and is even said to allow communication with ancient spirits. Amy also demonstrated that it can be used to locate mystical objects, such as a Chaos Emerald.
The Mystic Melody was included in the rites of the Eusebes Shrine after being taught to the people of Meropis by Aquarius. It played an instrumental part in maintaining the mystical shield that protects the city. Regrettably, Priestess Coral the Betta found it impossible to perform due to stresses put upon her by the people of the city in the midst of the Shattered World Crisis. Fortunately, Coral was able to perform the Mystic Melody and raise the shield anew to repel the Dark Gaia Creatures with the help of Aquarius, Pearly, and Tikal. Afterwards, she taught Amy how to perform it, with the Hedgehog learning it in record time. The use of the Melody would make it easier for the Freedom Fighters to locate the missing Gaia Temples and Chaos Emerald, and was used by Amy to locate an Emerald in Soumerca.
Amy would later employs the Melody in an effort to help locate the missing Master Emerald shards more quickly than Knuckles the Echidna's mystical senses could. Soon on, Princess Undina would be forced to use the Melody to reveal the entrance to a ruin by the order of Captain Shellbreaker.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #260 - "Waves of Change - Part One"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #264, "Control Part One: Breaking Point"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #261, "Waves of Change Part Two: Current Events"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #262, "Waves of Change Part Three: Terror in the Deep"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #263, "Waves of Change Part Four: Divine Waters"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #272, "Ray of Hope"
- ↑ Sonic Universe#93, "The Case of the Pirate Princess Part 3: Strangers On A Ship"