Sonic and the Black Knight
Misty Lake (ミスティ・レイク Misuti reiku?) is the first area of Sonic and the Black Knight and where most of the tutorials take place. The placid waterway is filled with grind rail-like vines and no small number of townspeople. Ancient palaces sit abandoned inside the chill waters of the lake.
After his impromptu summoning to the Arthurian world by Merlina the Wizard, Sonic is teleported away from a preemptive battle with King Arthur to the shores of Misty Lake. The first mission is a tutorial, allowing the player to get the hang of the controls as Merlina instructs Sonic in basic sword-craft. Sonic goes on to retrieve Caliburn from his resting place overlooking the lake—although the sentient weapon takes an instant dislike to Sonic's "knave-ly" attitude.
After the hedgehog practices wielding Caliburn, King Arthur finally tracks them down. True to Merlina's predictions, Sonic is unable to injure the King as long as he holds the scabbard of Excalibur. Arthur withdraws, mocking Sonic as "A fool of a knight, not even worth slaying."
Merlina and Caliburn conclude that Sonic must consult with Nimue in order to learn how to defeat the King; but first he must take Caliburn to Camelot Castle in order to repair the sword's dulled blade.
Throughout Misty Lake, there will be rows of boars trying to run over Sonic the Hedgehog. They are mostly used as obstacles to teach the player how to use Guard. As such, should the player take them down with sword slashes, they will marked for dishonorable behavior on the result screen.
- Special Challenge: Reach the Misty Lake - 100 followers
- Special Challenge: Retrieve the sacred sword - 150 followers
- Special Challenge: Wield the sacred sword - 150 followers
- Defeat the Boss: King Arthur - 150 followers
- Go for the Goal: Reach the goal - 350 followers
- Pass Through the Gate: Reach the goal in time - 250 followers
- Mastery Stage: Only allowed 8 sword swings - 100 followers
- The intro drums of the area's music are similar to the intro drums of the music from Seaside Hill on Sonic Heroes.
- Misty Lake's setting and layout is reminiscent of Kingdom Valley.
- A remix of Misty Lake's music can be played during events in Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games and Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
|"Misty Lake"||Jun Senoue||3:02|