Sonic Mania Adventures
Ray the Flying Squirrel has been looking for his best friend, Mighty the Armadillo, but he can’t find him anywhere! As he continues his search, he hears something nearby. Could this finally be Mighty, or is it something far more dangerous?
- Dr. Eggman
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Metal Sonic
- Mighty the Armadillo
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Ray the Flying Squirrel
- Sonic the Hedgehog
On Angel Island, Ray is still searching for his friend, Mighty. When he arrives at a clearing, he hears a rustling in the bushes. Upon taking a closer look, he sees a blue figure with glowing red eyes. The figure dashes at Ray, tearing up his poster of Mighty in the process. Ray manages to dodge the attack but quickly finds himself face-to-face with Metal Sonic. The robot dashes at Ray once more, with the latter bracing for impact.
A sharp sound is heard and Ray looks up to see that Mighty has used his shell to defend his friend. Mighty then uses the boulder that Ray was leaning against to hit Metal Sonic away. The armadillo then throws a second boulder to incapacitate the robot. Ray and Mighty happily reunite. During so, Metal Sonic detects that Mighty was in possession of the final Chaos Emerald. The robot quickly hits Ray away from Mighty and holds him by the throat, demanding the Emerald. Mighty prepares to hit Metal Sonic but sees that Ray was in distress. He accepts defeat and hands the robot his Chaos Emerald. Metal Sonic leaves Ray and flies off.
Mighty tries throwing another boulder at Metal Sonic but to no avail. Ray suggests to Mighty that he should throw him upwards to see where the robot was heading to. Mighty does so and Ray manages to land on a palm tree. He sees Metal Sonic heading towards a fortress while also seeing a blue hedgehog and a two-tailed fox running in that same direction. He also sees a very angry Knuckles chasing them down. Ray directs Mighty in the direction they need to follow and the two set off.
Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman gleefully witnesses Metal Sonic and his incoming intruders come towards his base of operations.
- Ray manages to find Mighty, a search of which was brought up in "& Knuckles".
- Metal Sonic finds and retrieves the final Chaos Emerald which he was looking for in "Sonic Returns" and "& Knuckles". He would later use it in "Metal Mayhem".
- Mighty has an encounter with Metal Sonic. He would recall that encounter in "Metal Mayhem".
- Knuckles is still chasing the Master Emerald. He began this hunt in "& Knuckles".
- Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Mighty and Ray head towards Eggman's base. They would arrive at it in "Metal Mayhem".
- When Ray is looking at the missing poster of Mighty, his thumbs ripple with the poster.
- This is the first episode in which every main character of the series makes an appearance.
- This episode features several references and Easter eggs:
- The title draws parallels to the title of the second Sonic Mania Adventures episode, "Sonic and Tails", signifying the similar relationship Mighty and Ray share.
- The music that plays when Metal Sonic appears is a remix of the music that plays during his boss battle in Sonic the Hedgehog CD.
- The sound effect that is heard when Metal Sonic detects that Mighty has a Chaos Emerald is the sound effect that plays when the Death Egg Robot targets the player in Sonic Mania.
- The vision display shown from Metal Sonic's point of view is identical to the vision display seen from Hyper Metal Sonic's point of view in Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie.
- The electric glow effect in Metal Sonic's eye also resembles the one that Hyper Metal Sonic had in Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie.
- The music that plays when Mighty appears is a remix of the music that plays during Trap Tower of SegaSonic the Hedgehog.
- The punch that Metal Sonic gives Ray is reminiscent of the punch he gave Tails in Sonic: Mega Drive - The Next Level.
- Dr. Eggman's base of operations resembles the Robot Generator from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie.
- The facial expression that Knuckles has in this episode resembles the one he had in "& Knuckles" when he saw that the Master Emerald had been stolen.
- The icons of Sonic and Knuckles on Eggman's monitor resemble the ones seen in the debut trailer for Sonic Mania, while Eggman's icon appears to be a simplified version of the Eggman Empire decal.
- The music that plays when Dr. Eggman appears is a remix of the song "Ruby Delusions" from Sonic Mania.
- of Mighty's "missing person" poster were made available on the SEGA Shop after the episode's release.