The Metallic Madness boss is a vehicle that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It is a hovercraft created by Dr. Robotnik, who used it for his final showdown with Sonic the Hedgehog during the Little Planet incident.
The Metallic Madness boss is a one-person, spherical and gray hovercraft. It possesses four gray and yellow blades that rotate around it. It also has a cockpit with a windshield on the front.
Features and abilities
In addition to being capable of flight, the Metallic Madness boss can manipulate its blades, being able to rotate them, throw them towards its opponents, and even use them as a pogo spring.
Sonic the Hedgehog CD
In Sonic the Hedgehog CD, Dr. Robotnik used the Metallic Madness boss for his last attempt to destroy Sonic the Hedgehog in Metallic Madness. However, the mech was destroyed by the hedgehog instead. This triggered a chain reaction that made all of Metallic Madness detonate.
The Metallic Madness boss is the boss of Metallic Madness in Sonic the Hedgehog CD, as well as the seventh and last overall boss in the game. It is battled with Sonic the Hedgehog, as well as with Miles "Tails" Prower in the 2011 re-release of the game.
Once Sonic the Hedgehog enters the final arena, Dr. Robotnik will appear in his final machine, a mechanism which contains four, rotating multipurpose blades. It will hover above the ground, spinning the blades at a quick rate, and will eventually drop down trying to crush Sonic by rotating his craft to use the blades as "feet". Eventually, he will detach the blades and use them as weapons, but this is the first advantage to defeating the boss. Once the scientist is hit, a blade falls off, but the other blades will spin quicker than the previous time.
Like the previous phase, Dr. Robotnik will attempt to crush Sonic using the blades, and will hover back in the air to try and use them as projectiles. Another hit and the second blade is down. Upon the third phase, the doctor will try to shoot the blades from above the screen in a diagonal fashion. One more hit and it leaves the fourth blade, which spins at a super-quick speed. In a desperate, final attempt, Dr. Robotnik will use the blade as a spring to stomp on Sonic. Hitting it the last time causes the machine to explode; Dr. Robotnik turns to flee while Sonic sees Amy running towards him.
|Robotnik||Sterling w/Armando Peraza, Bobby Vega||1:25|
|Final Fever||Naofumi Hataya||3:07|
|Dr. Eggman Got Served||Destroy Dr. Eggman's final machine.||Bronze||30|
- A piece of concept artwork for the final boss revealed that machine was going to be more of a robotic exo-suit at one point. The boss in the final game merges the design of that version and another design of the R8 Boss.
- The music track is named "Final Fever", and each soundtrack has a very different variation. The JP soundtrack uses a completely different theme exclusive for this boss that was later remixed in Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams... for the Sega Saturn. The US version uses a slightly remixed, extended version of the regular boss theme instead.
- The opera singing from the JP version of Final Fever is sampled as part of Metal Sonic's boss theme in Sonic Mania.
- In the original game, the spinning blades used a rather choppy animation, which was smoothed out in the 2011 re-release of Sonic the Hedgehog CD.
- In the 2011 re-release of Sonic the Hedgehog CD, two laser pillars are added to the edges of the arena due to this version having a 16:9 aspect ratio instead of the 6:9 ratio in the original version of the game.
- The achievement gained for defeating the Metallic Madness boss in the 2011 remastered version refers to it as Dr. Eggman's final machine.