Hey, I found this image that claims to show “Archie Sonic #295” but I can’t find whether it’s real or fake, I’ve tried reversing the image to its original source, but I just came with an error message.
Both images are below, the one on top is the original and the one below is the cover that was claimed to be Archie Sonic #295.
The format you used works fine on comic issues and short series. On longer series, with some roles having more than 5 people, this format does not work. It's harder to read with all the name scrunched together. Could you imagine how bad the Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie comic series) page would look with all of those names in that format? It makes it unreadable.
Also, when you redid my edit, you removed the issues they are credited in. Knowing what issues a staff member worked on is relevant information. I know you want to follow what other pages look like, but most comic series pages don't have the staff listed. A few don't use the format you used either. For these long-running series, a heading-style list is better. If you think it makes the page too long, it can be moved to a subpage like the video game staff lists.
I am well-aware of that format. However, we have to agree to disagree about the many names coming together because I see it as a necessary sacrifice to maintain the layout.
In regards to the staff's credits on the different issues however, that I can agree on that it would be a mess to look at. It is for this reason that I arranged for the "Credits" sections to become a mandatory section for comic book staffs. You can write your hearts' contents out there on what the different people worked on back then there. Besides, I believe you would agree that having one place for the credits of a specific person's contributions is better than having two separate places for it.
What do you mean by a necessary sacrifice? How does making the staff list easier to read ruin the layout of a page? I thought the layout I used looked fine and didn't detract from the page. I didn't make every credit a heading; that would be terrible. If you think it would ruin the layout, they can be moved to a subpage with a more proper presentation. I can make a list of series that would need this new format if you want.
I didn't say listing issues credited would be a mess to look at. I was asking why you removed those. Nevertheless, your answer makes sense. I will get around to putting credits on staff member pages eventually.
I'm reluctant to allow the start of the project you suggest. Also, what I meant by necessary sacrifice is that I would rather let the layout be the same for every comic article than allow one layout to be different from the other, even if it means listing the comic staff members in one long string.
You are willing to let some pages look bad so your perfected standard can be used for every comic series page? I should remind you the series that would need a different layout are more visited than others. People are going to notice how bad it looks and may try to change it themselves. I want every page I work on to look good. If that means making changes to arbitrary layout/guidelines than so be it.
While I'm here, I want to share this image with you. I plan on making it the 10,000th image on the wiki. I will have the signatures of many editors here on SNN, active and (hopefully), inactive. Please find the time to put your signature on it. Since you don't have a custom signature, you can write out your username. Or make a custom one. Whatever you want. We are 500 files away from 10k, so please do this soon.
IdeaFan128 wrote: Just wanted to let you know that the categorizing button is broken... So, if I don’t categorize the images is because of that. I’ve been trying to categorize the images but to no avail.
That's not broken, the color dodge blending means is that you can't select it until you enter something to put the article to and that's normal. The only time it will need to be fixed is if it's not applying the categories everytime you click on it.
The visual appearance isn't the issue, but what's going on with it is how it works. Try removing the blend code and have him test it to see if it's either a bug or the css code. If it's not the css code placed to make it bright like that, then re-add the transparency modification code back into it.
Well, I send a message to FANDOM. This is what they replied back:
Thanks for sending this over. We are reproducing the same issue on file pages, and we're asking the team to look into what has caused this effect. I believe it may be related to some tweaks that were made to mitigate some recent server overloading problems, but hopefully we can still get it fixed quickly!