When it was proposed that the band change its tune, Max complained to the band's manager, Ash Mongoose, saying he was content just to play pop and have fun; he was not interested in using their music to make a statement. However, Mina Mongoose explained her reasoning for wanting to get a message out and was able to convince Max to change his mind.
While initially a bit nervous, Max performed the new tracks with the rest of the band at a massive concert in the New Mobotropolis Coliseum. After the show, the band made its way to their trailer; Max got there first and was shocked to find Sally Acorn and Sonic the Hedgehog waiting inside. Deciding that they knew the two better than the rest of the band, Max sheepishly suggested Mina and Ash go in first.
- Max is from the scrapped "Sonic the Hedgehog Band", which appeared in concept art prior to the release of the original Sonic the Hedgehog game; the band was supposed to play music when a player accessed the Sound Test option of the game.
- A female groupie was seen carrying a sign reading "Max rocks!" at one of Max's concerts.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Mina the Mongoose & the Forget-Me-Knots"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #220, "In Service to the King Part Two"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #221, "Changing Tempo"