Martin Adams is the pseudonym of three authors, James Wallis, Carl Sargent and Marc Gascoigne, who wrote four Sonic the Hedgehog novels published by Virgin Books. The name was chosen because of where the books would be arranged on bookshop shelves.
All four books were written, from pitch to completed manuscript, over the course of four months. James Wallis wrote two of the books (Sonic the Hedgehog in the Fourth Dimension and Sonic the Hedgehog and the Silicon Warriors) and Carl Sargent wrote the other two (Sonic the Hedgehog in Robotnik's Laboratory and Sonic the Hedgehog in Castle Robotnik), with Marc Gascoigne editing them for consistency and to add more jokes.
There were plans at the same time for similar books based on other Sega properties including Ecco the Dolphin (for which James Wallis still has his pitch) and Eternal Champions. Wallis considered it a shame that the project was cancelled, as he enjoyed working on the books.
- Sonic the Hedgehog in Robotnik's Laboratory
- Sonic the Hedgehog in the Fourth Dimension
- Sonic the Hedgehog and the Silicon Warriors
- Sonic the Hedgehog in Castle Robotnik
- James Wallis got to buy a Sega Mega Drive and claim it as a business expense for tax purposes as a result of his work on these books and others he wrote: Metal City Mayhem and Zone Rangers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Wallis, James (aka Hogshead) (2006-09-14). "Blaster Master from the past" Post #1432598. MetaFilter. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- ↑ Padkin, Jessica (2004-05-21). Martin Adams Books Scans, For whoever was interested... SCARZ. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- ↑ Wallis, James and Sugarbaker, Allan (2001-09-24). Interviews: James Wallis. Ogre Cave.com. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- James Wallis (Hogshead) profile at MetaFilter