Mach was briefly imprisoned during the Iron Dominion's occupation of New Mobotropolis but later rescued. When a change of direction for the band was proposed, he initially protested the band's manager, Ash Mongoose, though Mina Mongoose was able to convince him to change his mind. Eager to put up their new track, Mach performed the new tracks with the rest of the band at a massive concert in the New Mobotropolis Coliseum.
- Mach is from the scrapped "Sonic the Hedgehog Band", which appeared in concept art prior to the release of the original Sonic the Hedgehog game; the band was supposed to play music when a player accessed the Sound Test option of the game.
- Mach's capture and imprisonment were not seen in the comic itself, but rather detailed in official blogs.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Mina the Mongoose & the Forget-Me-Knots"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #220, "In Service to the King Part Two"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #221, "Changing Tempo"