M'egga Man is a transformation that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs, and the Mega Man comic series, published by Archie Comics. He was the evil modified version of Mega Man, reprogrammed and upgraded by both Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily into one of the Roboticized Masters.
M'egga Man has a number of design differences than his base form. Firstly, his helmet has a purple Eggman Empire insignia on the front, yellow fins on the sides resembling Eggman's mustache, and a green gem placed on the forehead. He also has yellow lines across his torso, making his armor look more like the outfit of an Egg Boss, along with having his color scheme altered to dark blue and blue from his normal light blue. His Mega Buster has also been altered to a yellow design, and his eyes have been altered to black and white, rather than his normal blue and white eyes. He also has white stripes down the side of his arms which also have yellow rings around the wrists. Finally he has white lines on his legs with circular plates on both sides of the feet making them resemble Eggman's boots.
Mega Man was captured by the Deadly Six while on a supply run for Light Labs, and taken to Sigma-1's base on the Lost Hex. Along with fellow captive Sonic the Hedgehog, he was transformed into a member of the Roboticized Masters. However, the two doctors secretly programmed in a secondary objective into the two corrupted heroes that would have them restore each other once the two worlds were merged to make them fight Sigma. M'egga Man was then dispatched to Mobotropolis to set up one of Sigma's Unity Engines. This led to a confrontation between him and the Freedom Fighters, as Antoine and Bunnie D'Coolette, Amy, and Tails tried to stop him. Knuckles the Echidna, Big the Cat, Sally Acorn, Rotor the Walrus and Gemerl would join the fight, but M'egga Man and his weapons proved to be a match for them all. M'egga Man was thus able to set up his Unity Engine, and the resulting link between Sonic's World and Mega Man's World saw him brought face to face with Sonic Man. It was at this point that secondary programming installed by Eggman and Wily was activated, causing the two corrupted heroes to target each other.
The two Roboticized Masters continued to do battle while their worlds were merged together by the Unity Engines while the Freedom Fighters and Wily Robot Masters looked on. Eventually they accomplished the task the doctors intended for them, each restoring the other to his previous form.
Powers and abilities
Along with his counterpart, Sonic Man, M'egga Man is arguably the most powerful Roboticized Master yet, single-handedly defeating all of the Freedom Fighters (minus Cream, Cheese, and Sonic), Knuckles the Echidna, and Gemerl without much effort. In addition to his broad arsenal, he is also physically very strong with equally high endurance; he stunned Knuckles with a single Egg Bumper-enhanced punch, withstood and quickly recovered from being squished under Big, and even blocked a direct hit from Gemerl's Spin Dash.
M'egga Man retains Mega Man's Mega Buster and is equipped with various weapons derived from Dr. Eggman's technology. He is able to generate these weapons from the barrel of his buster. These weapons include:
- Egg Wrecker: A checkerboard-patterned ball-and-chain device connected loosely by rings in a chain.
- Egg Hammer mk. 5: A mallet with spikes around the circumference of each edge, which is strong enough to match the Piko Piko Hammer.
- Egg Bumper: A Bumper-based shield that is capable of deflecting even Bunnie's laser canon and can be used as melee weapons.
- Egg Flame Cannon: Shoot rounds of highly explosive fireballs.
- Egg Bubble Trap: Traps opponents within its highly-concentrated bubble interiors.
- Egg Drill Launcher: Shoot a spinning drill like a missile.
- Egg Decoy Barrier: Materializes metallic eggs around M'egga Man which inflate into decoys and create powerful explosions when popped.
- Egg Laser: A large yellow laser powerful enough to defeat Gemerl in one shot.
- Mega Man was once reprogrammed before during the Return of Dr. Wily arc in the Mega Man comic series but here, it appears to be an Eggman reprogramming, considering that Mega Man's appearance is altered to look more like an Eggman minion. Flash Man acknowledged this in Mega Man #50.
- M'egga Man is the only member of the Roboticized Masters who does not originate from the Sonic series.
- M'egga Man's weapons are references to several of Dr. Eggman's vehicles and robots:
- Egg Wrecker is a reference to the Egg Mobile-H.
- Egg Hammer Mk 5 is a reference to both the Egg Hammer Tank series and the Egg Hammer enemies.
- Egg Bumper is a reference to the bumper defense of the EGG-HVC-001.
- Egg Bubble Trap is a reference to the Tidal Tempest boss in Sonic the Hedgehog CD.
- Egg Drill Launcher is a reference to the Egg Mobile-D.
- Egg Decoy Barrier is a reference to the balloon defense of the Flying Eggman.
- Ian Flynn on Twitter. Twitter (1 January 2016). Retrieved on 1 January 2016. “Alexander Soerensen: Was Mega Man turned into M'egga Man with specialized Roboticization? / Ian Flynn: Yes”
- Sonic Universe #76, "Worlds Unite! Part One: Across Time and Space"
- Sonic Boom #8, "Worlds Unite Part Two: Broken Heroes"
- Sonic the Hedgehog #273, "Worlds Unite Part Three: Clash of the Corrupted"
- Mega Man #50, "Worlds Unite Part Four: Death and Destruction"