Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
"Lovesick Sonic" is the third episode of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series. Despite being produced as the third episode, it aired as the eighth episode during the show's original run.
- Breezie (first appearance)
- Dr. Robotnik
- Fire Dragon (first appearance)
- Polar Bear
- Map Maker
- Angry Alligators
- Three Pig Cannibals
- Rabbit Gardener
- Hula dancing Penguins
- A talking fish
- Egg-O-Matic Tunnelizer and Town Terrorizer (first appearance)
- Snowman (most likely unintentional and just covered in snow)
When Sonic saves a very pretty girl hedgehog named Breezie from Scratch and Grounder, she flirts with him. Then Breezie gives Sonic a kiss and love hearts appear in Sonic's eyes. Sonic is unaware that Breezie is actually one of Robotnik's robots, sent to distract him while he proceeds to destroy the underground wells of Mobius with his new Egg-o-Matic Tunnelizer and Town Terrorizer. Meanwhile Sonic returns as all the snow melts off him. Tails lets Breezie see how tired Sonic is. So Breezie strokes Sonic's head. Then Sonic runs along to heat up Breezie's chili dog.
After Breezie throws Tails in a rushing river, Scratch and Grounder come to team up with Breezie and make plans to eleminate Sonic. Tails makes it back and spies on the three robots as they plot their traps. Tails rushes off to warn Sonic and tell him about Breezie, but Sonic is too twitterpaited to listen. After Sonic writes a romantic poem for Breezie, she starts to develop feelings for him. But it is too late, Sonic runs to the robots' big magnet. Fortunately, Breezie frees Sonic, and they escape.
Breezie tells Sonic that she is a robot and of Robotnik's plans to drain the reservoir. Sonic stops Robotnik by attaching a bungy cord to his Egg-o-Matic Tunnelizer and Town Terrorizer. Robotnik springs into the opposite direction yelling "I hate that Hedgehog!".
Sonic is sad, but Tails brings him a note from Breezie which says she hopes they'll meet again some day.
The most infamous segment of Sonic Says; Sonic teaches kids what to do in cases of possible sexual harassment.
"Kids, there's nothing more cool than being hugged by someone you like, but if someone tries to touch you in a place, or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, THAT'S NO GOOD! It's your body, no one has the right to touch you if you don't want them to! So what do you do? First, you say 'No!', then you get out of there! (speeds off, then reappears) Most important, you got to tell someone you trust. Like your parents, a teacher, a police officer."
Title in other languages
|French||Romantique Sonic||Romantic Sonic|
|German||Was tut man nicht alles aus Liebe||What do you not do for love|
|Italian||Sonic è innamorato||Sonic is in love|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Sonic el enamorado||Sonic in love|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||O Apaixonado Sonic|
|Spanish (Spain)||Sonic enamorado|
|Portuguese (Portugal)||Sonic Apaixonado|
- The alternate title of this episode is "Sonic in Love".
- The names of the locations to which Breezie sent Sonic are all tongue-twisters.
- The Sonic Sez segment of this episode has become an Internet meme, due to the "That's no good!" line.
- Robotnik exclaiming "NO!" in this episode has also become a popular Internet meme. As well as his "SILENCE!" exclaim.
- The uniform Robotnik wears looks like a Nazi uniform. Breezie wears a similar outfit in a later scene.
- Overseas animation for this episode was done by Hong Ying Animation.