- For the version of this character before the Super Genesis Wave, see Lord Mordred Hood (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
Lord Mordred Hood is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He is an mobian cobra and the regional Egg Boss of the Eurish Egg Army, as well as the sworn enemy to the Woodland Kingsmen.
Lord Mordred Hood is a green mobian cobra with yellow markings on his head, yellow eyes, and a pair of fangs. He wears a black cyberized torso, which his snake body is threaded through, with mechanical arms and legs. The armor has four orange triangle-shaped metal buttons on both sides of his torso that are colored yellow on the outside with white stripes circling around the back, which is inspired by the design of Eggman's jacket. He also has his tail uncovered by cyberization.
Mordred was born to a family of noble birth in Eurish during a period of political discord. Afraid of siding with the Kingdom of Acorn, Mordred surrendered his homeland to the Eggman Empire in exchange for the throne of Avalon, becoming the regional Egg Boss for the Eurish Egg Army. However, he was experiencing trouble from not only the Woodland Kingsmen, but also from G.U.N. forces.
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where Hood's original timeline ended.
Shortly before the Shattered World Crisis, Dr. Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot needed to get to the Death Egg as soon as possible after getting readings about the planet cracking apart. However, Eggman (inside his Egg Mobile-converted bi-plane) crashed landed at the Eurish Egg Army Base thanks to G.U.N. forces. Eggman, irritated, demanded where Hood was at. Lord Hood arrived and told his master that G.U.N. forces have been a problem to the local Egg Army, as well as the problem with Bow's gang. Eggman then demanded an aircraft to get to the Death Egg. However, Hood replied that they have no aircraft and that, even if they did, they wouldn't have enough space to fly before G.U.N. forces destroy their aircraft. Luckily, however, Eggman refitted his Egg Mobile into an attack walker and destroyed the G.U.N. carrier, wiping down one problem for Hood and his army.
Hood was later summoned by Eggman to join the other Egg Bosses in challenging Walter and Wendy Naugus' occupation of Eggman Land. He was later paired with Conquering Storm to get rid of the Witchcarters. Wanting to stay hidden and attack when the other teams finish up he was cut of by Storm who wanted to strike immediately.
The Witchcarters put up a challenge for Hood but after they were powered down, they were easily defeated. Hood then used his Vertigo-Inducers in an attempt to break Wendy's mind control over the Witchcarters. Hood then joined Eggman and his fellow Egg Bosses in the final battle against Walter and Wendy Naugus, where Wendy mind-controlled the Witchcarters again. They were successful in driving them back, though Wendy was made an Egg Boss in the process. Hood then returned to Eurish where he was met by an Egg Soldier with news about the Woodland Kingsmen. However, Hood did not want to hear it and instead ordered for a feast.
Mordred Hood appears to be a nervous individual. Rather than charging headlong into battle, he would rather play it safe than sorry. He is also quite anxious and is prone to coming up with excuses to defend himself rather than admitting his faults.
Much similar to Eggman's other Egg Bosses, Mordred Hood is terribly afraid of his master to the point a surprise visit from him during an attack made him extremely nervous.
Powers and abilities
Lord Hood's cybernetics equip him with a pair of legs, enabling him to move in ways that he would be unable to as an ordinary snake. Despite his cybernetic enhancements, Hood has implied that he has limited abilities as a fighter, and is more suited for plotting tactics. The circles on his head also induce vertigo with the Vertigo-Inducers.
- Mordred Hood's name is derived from the name of the son of King Arthur in the Arthurian legends.
- Mordred Hood was the first character created by Ian Flynn who originally debuted in the old timeline to appear in the new timeline.
- ↑ Aleah Baker (7 February 2016). Lea's Unimportant Farewell to BK Q&A!. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 8 February 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Sonic Universe #84, "Eggman's Dozen Part Two: Power Meeting"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #254, "Countdown to Chaos Part Two: The Soldier"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sonic Universe #83, "Eggman's Dozens Part One: Hostile Takeover"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Sonic Universe #85, "Eggman's Dozen Part Three: Team Management"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #86, "Eggman's Dozen Finale: Synergizing"