Level Up Items, or Permanent Upgrades, are special equipment that can grant new powers and abilities to whoever is wearing them. Unlike most items, Level Up Items are permanent and are not lost when a character dies. It is possible to skip some Level Up Items or get some Level Up Items early if one takes advantage of some glitches, but it is not recommended to skip them or not get them.
Games with Level Up Items
- Sonic Adventure and its re-releases
- Sonic Adventure 2 and its re-releases
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
- Sonic Unleashed (note that SU only requires the player to collect them in the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 version as Sonic starts with these abilities in the other versions.)
List of Level Up Items
A ✓ means the Level Up Item is in that game and it is optional to obtain, ✓ ✓ means that it is mandatory to complete the game.
- Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast) United States instruction booklet, pg. 11.
- Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast) United States instruction booklet, pg. 19.
- Stratton, Bryan (17 June 2003). "Sonic the Hedgehog". Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut: Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Prima Games. p. 8. ISBN 978-0761542865.