- You may be looking for Level Select.
The Level Select is an overview setting and a level select map in all three episodes in the episodic series Sonic the Hedgehog 4. The first four Zones can be tackled in any order in Episode I, whereas there is a linear progression in Episode II. The actual name of the setting is unknown; in Sonic's profile on the official website, the location of Episode I is described as "a new territory" whereas the location of Episode II is "the neighboring continent".
- Splash Hill Zone: A Green Hill-esque zone, featuring many springs, speed boosters and zip-lines.
- Casino Street Zone: A level styled like Casino Night Zone. The level features traditional casino objects, such as bumpers, slot machines and playing cards.
- Lost Labyrinth Zone: Based off of Labyrinth Zone, this level takes place in dark caves, which includes various traps, underwater sections and a minecart ride.
- Mad Gear Zone: Dr. Eggman's headquarters, Mad Gear is very much like Metropolis Zone, which includes various moving gears (hence, the name) and steam gimmicks that launch the player around.
- E.G.G. Station Zone: The final zone of the game, the E.G.G Station takes place in outer space, very similar to the Death Egg Zone. This level features previous bosses and then the final boss, Eggman's Death Egg Robot.
- Sylvania Castle Zone: An ancient ruin of castles, partially flooded.
- White Park Zone: A snow-covered land mixed with a carnival.
- Oil Desert Zone: Based off of Oil Ocean Zone, Oil Desert is a ruined oil facility created by Doctor Eggman.
- Sky Fortress Zone: Very similar to Wing Fortress Zone, Eggman's vessel flies high in the sky, reaching the final stage of Episode II.
- Death Egg mk.II Zone: Yet another space station based on the original Death Egg. It is built around Little Planet, where Eggman awaits Sonic and Tails.
- Because the Little Planet appears over a lake near Sylvania Castle Zone, it can be presumed that Never Lake is located here.
- Sonic The Hedgehog 4. Sega. Archived from the original on 27 May 2013. Retrieved on 31 October 2017. "Our legendary hero returns! With the Death Egg finally destroyed, and Angel Island back in the sky, Sonic decides it's time to take a break and heads off to explore a new territory on his own. However unbeknownst to Sonic, Eggman has also survived their last encounter, and has begun taking measures to rid himself of our hero. Armed with his signature speed, super Spin Dash - and powerful Homing Attack, Sonic is ready for an all-new adventure!"
- Sonic The Hedgehog 4. Sega. Archived from the original on 25 June 2013. Retrieved on 27 October 2017. "A few months have passed since the battle from Episode I. However Sonic's rest comes to an end as Little Planet re-approaches. Sonic finds out that Dr. Eggman is back in action on the neighboring continent. He sets off on Tornado to investigate the continent with his sidekick, Tails..."