Ladybird, also called Ladybird Books, is a UK publisher of children's books that began operations as a bookshop opened in 1867. The first books were published under the Ladybird imprint in 1914. By 1998, the company was merged into Penguin Books, and is now an imprint of Penguin Random House. During the 1990s, Ladybird published several books based on the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
The stories were generally simplistic and took place in settings from the games Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Sonic the Story firmly placed the Ladybird books within the early Sonic canon, although in keeping with contemporary UK Sonic fiction, Robotnik's appearance was based on the version of the character from the TV series Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Some books also came with cassette audiobooks narrated by Rupert Degas.
- Sonic the Story
- Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure Gamebooks:
- Sonic the Hedgehog Puzzle Book 1
- Sonic the Hedgehog Puzzle Book 2
- Where's Sonic?
- Where's Sonic Now?
- Sonic the Hedgehog: The Invisible Robotnik
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Robotnik's Oil
- Sonic the Hedgehog Colouring Poster Book
- Sonic the Hedgehog Joke Book
Recorded during the 1990s by Pickwick Tell-a-Tale and produced in association with Ladybird books all the Ladybird Books where accompanied by a series of cassettes narrated by Rupert Degas.
- Ladybird Books at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.