Knuckles the Echidna is one of the main characters that appears in the Sonic Boom series. He is an anthropomorphic echidna from Angel Island and the last of his kind. He is also the keeper of the Fregosi Sapphire. Knuckles serves as the muscle of Team Sonic, a group of heroes who defends the peace of Seaside Island and the world at large. Unlike his friends, Knuckles is a nomad without a permanent home and lives in nature.
Concept and creation
When developing the character designs, Knuckles was made larger and more muscular to emphasize his strength, his role as the strong guy on the team and the bruiser he is. His gliding ability was excluded because it did not fit into any of the stories.
The sports tape Knuckles wears is inspired by fighters and American football players and is meant to give him a sense of practical heroism by showing that that he is not vain, which is a trait more fitting for villains, when saving the world, and to give him a more grounded approach. It is especially worn around his arms to emphasize that his specialty is power. Excluded from Knuckles' design were his boxing gloves because he was needed to show gestures with his hands and fingers in a TV show.
Knuckles is a large anthropomorphic echidna over a head taller than Sonic, with red fur that covers most of his body, peach skin on his muzzle, a white crescent-shaped patch of fur on his chest, and purple eyes. He has a rather large torso, broad shoulders and thick muscular arms, making him very top-heavy, and possesses long, if somewhat thin legs in comparison. He also has seven long dreadlock-like spines around the sides and back of his head and a medium-sized, tri-crooked tail.
For attire, Knuckles wears a pair of red and yellow shoes, designed with wrap-like markings, that have green cuffs and gray metal plates on top. He also wears gloves with knuckle-spikes on them and has white sports tape wrapped around his hands, the lower half of his arms and legs, and his biceps, making him similar to a Muay Thai boxer. He also occasionally wears his Communicator.
In addition to his usual clothes, Knuckles has a number of additional attires:
- For high-altitude trips, Knuckles has an advanced white spacesuit with red boots, belt, and arms (the last having spikes to accommodate his knuckle spikes), and a white helmet with an antenna and transparent visor.
- For underwater missions, Knuckles has his own high-tech attire which includes a red wetsuit with a white stripe on each side and his face icon on the chest, red flippers resembling his shoes, and a transparent red face mask attached to an oxygen tank on his back.
- When he worked at Meh Burger, Knuckles wore the standard Meh uniform, which is a lavender shirt with yellow leaf-markings and a name tag on it.
- For cold weathers, Knuckles wears a thick gray and dark gray down jacket with a hoodie, red mittens with white spikes to accommodate his knuckle-spikes, and gray, white and red winter boots.
- When playing for the Pin Dashers, Knuckles wears a dark blue and white-striped bowling shirt with matching bowling shoes. His shirt is likewise emblazoned with the team's logo.
- When performing with Dude-itude, Knuckles wears a glittery jacket and microphone headset.
- For soccer matches, Knuckles has a soccer uniform that includes a white and blue t-shirt with a blue chest logo shaped like Sonic's head, long white socks, and white shoes with blue laces and red soles.
- On holidays, Knuckles has been known to wear a green and white Santa Hat, white and green-striped socks, and a green shirt with golden buttons, white fur cuffs and rib, and a white crescent mark on the chest.
Knuckles is described as a "punch-first-and-keep-punching-until-you-need-a-punch-break" kind of echidna, and the best solution to a problem for him is to smash it to pieces. He is determined and strong of character, but tends to be rather cocky and get into trouble.
Knuckles has shown on several occasions to have a huge ego: he clearly thinks of himself as his team's leader and most capable member, and fancies himself very heroic. Also, as a result of his self-pride, Knuckles feels great about himself all the time. However, his self-admiration makes him exaggerate his own recollection of his accomplishments and endeavors to the point of absurdity, leaving him convinced in his mind that he, for example, has various ridiculous superpowers, such as flying. Proud of his manliness, Knuckles has a very macho-orientated attitude which at times makes him sound somewhat archaic. He is also very blunt when expressing his opinions, which makes him come off as insensitive.
Despite his tough-guy personality, Knuckles is a softy on the inside with some noticeable preferences in particular: he loves nature and is very loyal to his friends. He can also be protective and even gentle as displayed by his dedication to the Fregosi Sapphire and Ms. Tomatopotamus. He comes also off as being somewhat sociable and out-going. Also, after reevaluating his status as the last of his kind, Knuckles began feeling the kind of loneliness that comes from knowing that you have no relatives, making him both vulnerable and long for the love only a family can provide. However, he has since come to realize that his friends are his family and that their love is just as good.
Knuckles is the opposite of Sonic: he is stubborn, likes to take his time and is very naive. He is likewise far from intelligent, having admitted himself that he is "as dumb as a rock." Having trouble keeping even the simplest facts on his friends straight or anything else for that matter, he is a little slow on the uptake, particularly when it comes to elaborate plans and math problems, as even simplified explanations takes him a long time to process. He is also a bit goofy at times and easily distracted to the point where he is drawn to things as simple as shiny objects. Knuckles is not entirely dim-witted, however, having on a few occasions shown some surprising insight, cunning, witticism, sarcasm, and even resourcefulness in different situations. Sometimes he can even tell when he is in over his head. His simple-minded view on things likewise lets him find answers to questions that would otherwise confuse more intellectual individuals. Knuckles can also be quite the charismatic rallier, as he has the grounded and simple (if not selfish) ideals that the common man find very relatable; most noticeably, he was able to convince the villagers of Hedgehog Village to help Team Sonic fight an army of robots by inspiring them to protect their possessions.
Knuckles is a little sensitive when it comes to his intelligence. While he accepts he is not the smartest, he takes great offense to being called stupid and will go to extreme lengths to prove otherwise. Also, when Knuckles got his team into trouble with a half-baked plan, he sunk into a depression over his imposed stupidity until his friends restored his confidence.
Noticeably, Knuckles also has a habit of saying "not cool" to others when they do something he disagrees with.
Powers and abilities
Described as the "muscle of the team," Knuckles possesses incredible superhuman strength acquired through sheer upper body workouts which lets him destroy virtually anything; according to Sticks the Badger, his strength exceeds that of his Prime Zone counterpart. With his strength, Knuckles can create destructive shockwaves that can send enemies flying without damaging the environment, punch through rock and metal alloys, fold sheets of metal like paper, and even swing the colossal arm of the Big Boy mech around without effort. His arguably greatest feat of strength though, was when he smashed a gigantic asteroid in space to pieces with a single punch. While Knuckles' strength mainly lies in his arms, however, his legs are powerful as well, having enough strength to easily overpower the Mega's caterpillar tracks by running on them. To maintain his strength, he regularly goes through intense weight training exercises.
Using the spikes on his hands, Knuckles can climb along walls, across ceilings and scale slippery surfaces. He is as well quite efficient at burrowing, capable of digging through rock and dirt and construct earth barriers at an exceptionally fast rate.
Knuckles has immense durability, even by normal standards, allowing him to withstand extreme and painful physical punishment. He only got a bump from hitting a falling boulder with his head, got right back up after jumping into a deep rock ravine and survived getting hit by a falling meteor, all while enduring strenuous injuries. He also has some skills as a tracker, having successfully located Sonic once using only smell and taste.
Knuckles wields a Communicator, a multifunctional and waterproof smartwatch-like device created by Tails. This device allows Knuckles wide-ranged radio communication between similar devices, and generate its own Enerbeam, an energy tether that can latch onto objects or form a makeshift whip/rope. It can also tell the time, interface with Knuckles' tech-based equipment for remote operation, and assume other powers. It even comes with its own tracking device.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog is one of Knuckles' teammates and his closest companion. Despite them being complete opposites, Knuckles considers Sonic his friend and is very loyal towards him. He notably fancies himself to be Sonic's best friend (not understanding that this honor has been reserved for Tails), even though the two of them are always disagreeing. Knuckles in particular thinks of Sonic as scrawny, weak, clumsy and pathetic, and is downright sickened by looking at him. He firmly thinks that he is better than Sonic, often viewing him as his sidekick, and believes that he is always bailing Sonic out of jams. Nonetheless, Knuckles sees him as a valuable member of their team. He has trouble discerning him from Tails at times however.
Deep down, Knuckles and Sonic share a mutual bond of respect, though it was not always like this: during their mission to stop Lyric, Knuckles was quick to blame Sonic for the misfortunes he caused, but was proud of his growth during the venture and eventually made up with him. In fact, Knuckles chose Sonic over the world during this endeavor to protect him. While Knuckles still does not take kindly to Sonic's snarky attitude, they are overall the truest of friends, referring to each others as "bros." In time, Knuckles has come to realize that Sonic is not just his friend, but also the family he had been missing for much of his life.
Sonic is one of the few people Knuckles can really be himself around, as they spent most of their time together roughhousing and goofing off with various extreme and often foolish activities. Their friendship is especially important to Knuckles, as he did not want to lose Sonic when he was about to go to jail and felt both betrayed and hurt when Sonic chose Eggman over him for Bro-Down Showdown. Also, despite having been forced to attack Sonic more than once, Knuckles is honestly reluctant to fight him in such cases due to their friendship.
Knuckles has a friendly rivalry going on with Sonic and he cannot help competing with him in all sorts of activities. Whereas Knuckles always takes their competitions seriously and asserts his confidence by trash-talking, Sonic usually retains a cool-headed attitude. Knuckles utterly resents losing to Sonic (which he often does) and will rather blame it on luck than admitting that Sonic is more skilled than him. In case he does get a victory over Sonic though, Knuckles will eagerly rub his victory in Sonic's face as much as he can.
Miles "Tails" Prower
Another one of Knuckles' teammates and friends is Miles "Tails" Prower. While Knuckles does not have any real issues about Tails, their relationship is at times difficult due to their contrasting qualities, with Tails being a genius while Knuckles is "as dumb as a rock." This often frustrates Tails, which Knuckles hardly notices. Peculiarly, even though he admits that he is not very smart, Knuckles still thinks himself more capable than Tails; even as a novice inventor (and a bad one at that), Knuckles considered himself a better one than Tails.
Compared to his other friends, Knuckles is more easily impressed by Tails' more questionable inventions (though not always for the desired reasons). However, he never understands Tails' complex explanations, which makes him wonder if Tails talks like that just to make him feel stupid. He is also very much against having Tails lead him and has trouble discerning him from Sonic at times. While not mean-spirited, Knuckles also likes to tease Tails with his quirks.
In spite of their differences, Knuckles values Tails as a precious friend whom he enjoys hanging out with, and they are both loyal and good-spirited teammates. In fact, Knuckles has realized over time that Tails is not just his friend, but also the family he had been missing for much of his life. Similarly, Knuckles often has Tails with him and Sonic on their numerous escapades.
Amy Rose is one of Knuckles' teammates. While the two of them are friends, their relationship is at times strenuous, and they often bicker due to their opposing viewpoints. While Amy is elegant, intelligent and thinks strategically ahead, Knuckles is macho-minded, dimwitted and tackles trouble head-on without thinking. Also, when Sonic is out of the picture they usually argue over who should be in charge.
Like his other friends, Knuckles clearly thinks he is more capable than Amy and perceives her as helpless without his guidance. Even more so, he is under the impression that Amy looks up to him and is enamored by his manliness. Not happy to be bossed around by Amy, Knuckles will obstinately refuse to take orders from her, even at inconvenient times, nor is he very keen on her ideas for group activities. At the same time, Knuckles tends to test Amy's patience with his dimwittedness. While Knuckles often fails to notice Amy's criticism of him, he does not take kindly to it when he does.
Despite their disputes, Knuckles remains loyal to Amy and always has her back. In fact, Knuckles has come to realize that Amy is not just his friend, but also the family he had been missing for much of his life. No matter how much they argue, Knuckles always makes peace with Amy at the end of the day as they realize their misguided behavior (although Knuckles tends to put more of the blame on Amy). They also work well together in combat, even having their own maneuvers. Also, while Knuckles may act inconsiderate towards Amy, he still appreciates her as both a teammate and a friend, and will try making up with her whenever he has upset her. In fact, Knuckles cannot stand watching Amy cry.
Sticks the Badger
Sticks the Badger is another of Knuckles' friends and teammates. While Knuckles treats Sticks with support and admits she is really nice deep down, he also honestly thinks she is a whack-job. Clearly believing himself to be better than Sticks, Knuckles holds the impression that Sticks looks up to him and is enamored by him.
Unlike his other friends, Knuckles has, on several occasions, expressed genuine belief in Sticks' theories. At the same time, he will also show some skepticism about her more outrageous claims, though he will be remorseful when she proves him wrong. Regardless, Knuckles is very loyal to Sticks, and has realized over time that she is not just his friend, but also the family he had been missing for much of his life. In battle, the two of them have also shown good collaboration, even having their own throwing maneuver.
Like the rest of Team Sonic, Knuckles' sworn enemy is Dr. Eggman, whom he generally dislikes. However, their relationship is rather complex. In battle, Knuckles fights Eggman determinately to stop his plans and has no qualms about bashing his face in. Outside of that, they keep a passive relationship where they let each other be nearby without starting to fight.
Like most of his friends, Knuckles finds Eggman to be a total joke. In spite of their mutual hatred though, Knuckles is known to have tried defecting to Eggman, once because he thought the doctor would appreciate him, until he realized the error of his ways. Because of his constant victories over him, Knuckles has a tendency to underestimate Eggman and forget how dangerous he can be.
Being as gullible as he is, Knuckles is easily deceived by Eggman's tricks (more so than his other friends); once, the doctor tricked Knuckles into trapping himself in a hole without noticing it. Also, while Eggman does not think much of Knuckles, the echidna believes on the contrary that Eggman fears him. It is also his opinion that Eggman looks ridiculous with his mustache.
Mike the Ox
Knuckles is good friends with Mike the Ox. The two seem to get along rather well, and have met up to hang out or compete together on a few occasions. Knuckles appears to value Mike a lot, as he opted to see a movie with him instead of fighting Eggman. He also got very upset when Sonic insulted Mike.
Charlie, the former archeologist-turned-supervillain, is Knuckles' personal foe, who views the echidna as his arch-nemesis. The two of them go back to when Knuckles' foolery cost Charlie his first job. Years later, Knuckles tried making up for his past mistakes to Charlie, only to ruin Charlie's otherwise great life. This pushed Charlie to become a supervillain so he could get revenge on Knuckles. At first, Knuckles remained non-confrontational and attempted to fix things between him and Charlie, but eventually realized he had to stand up to Charlie and what he had become, establishing them as enemies.
Unlike Charlie, who hates Knuckles with a passion, Knuckles holds hardly any grudge against Charlie. In fact, Knuckles has been known to barely remember Charlie, and when he does, he talks to him in a friendly and casual manner. While a part of Charlie's family, Knuckles would look up to Charlie as a father-figure, but he would regain his old opinion about him when he realized he was only using him.
- Team Sonic
- Vector the Crocodile
- Admiral Beaverton
- Professor Cluckins
- Mike the Ox
- Fastidious Beaver
- Foreman Fred
- Team Cybonic
- Beth the Shrew
- Ms. Tomatopotamus
- Sonic the Hedgehog (friendly rival)
- Dr. Eggman
- Metal Sonic
- Lyric the Last Ancient
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- T.W. Barker
- Lightning Bolt Society
- Mark the Tapir
- Bike Chain Bandit
- Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- Sonic Boom #1, "Getting a Little Boulder Part One of... Er... One"
- James, Jake (26 August 2017). "If You Build It They Will Race". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 94. Boomerang.
- Van Liemt, Romain; Derrien, Christophe (21 February 2015). "The Meteor". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 14. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- Gralewski, Françoise (7 October 2017). "Lair On Lockdown". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 98. Boomerang.
- Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- Steven Frost (4 November 2014). Twitter. Retrieved on 6 November 2014. "Tailsfan: Just curious but are the characters in Sonic Boom the same ages as their game counterparts? / Steven Frost: Same characters, same world. / Tailsfan: Thanks! Just clarifying I meant between the mainline Sonic series and the Sonic Boom series. Not sure if I was clear. Sorry :p / Steven Frost: Oh, gotcha. There isn't really any sort of official difference in age, but the way they act comes across maybe a bit older."
- SONIC BOOM. Characters: Knuckles the Echidna. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved on 25 July 2014.
- File:Knuckles (Sonic Boom) profile.png
- Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (28 January 2017). "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 64. Boomerang.
- Tuber, Douglas; Maile, Tim (11 April 2015). "Sleeping Giant". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 21. Cartoon Network.
- Beardmore, Marie (29 July 2017). "Eggman's Anti Gravity Ray". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 90. Boomerang.
- Moarbes, Charles-Henri (23 July 2015). "Two Good to Be True". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 35. Cartoon Network.
- Polsky, Dave (15 November 2014). "Translate This". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 3. Cartoon Network.
- Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (12 September 2015). "Fire in a Crowded Workshop". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 43. Cartoon Network.
- Sellner, Joelle (4 April 2015). "Hedgehog Day". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 20. Cartoon Network.
- Sonic Boom #11, "True Stories"
- Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (22 April 2017). "Eggman's Brother". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 76. Boomerang.
- Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (6 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 1". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 78. Boomerang.
- Robinson, Cindy (25 March 2017). "Give Bees A Chance". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 72. Boomerang.
- Grenier, Benoit (25 February 2017). "Knine-to-Five Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 68. Boomerang.
- Maxwell McGee (15 March 2014). Sega Explains Sonic and Knuckles' New Look. Retrieved on 16 March 2014.
- Kellie (25 February 2014). Go Behind the Scenes with Sonic Boom. SEGA Blog. Sega. Archived from the original on 3 March 2014. Retrieved on 25 February 2014.
- Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (14 April 2015). Retrieved on 17 April 2015. "the sonic rebel fan: can he glide ? / Bill Freiberger: In the Sonic Boom cartoon we do not portray Knuckles as being able to glide. / the sonic rebel fan: because of how big he is now ? / Bill Freiberger: No. Just because it was a trait that didn't fit in to any of our stories."
- GamerHub.TV Staff (2 June 2014 10:00 AM). Sonic Boom Gameplay Preview Interview. Retrieved on 11 October 2014.
- Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (13 April 2015). Retrieved on 17 April 2015. "the sonic rebel fan: was there a explanation why boom knuckles has fingers instead of his boxing gloves ? / Bill Freiberger: He always had fingers they were inside a boxing glove. We changed that because in a TV show we need him to gesture."
- Sanzaru Games (21 November 2014). Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal. Nintendo 3DS. Sega. Area/level: Ancient Ruins. "Knuckles: Then stand back and let me show you why I'm called "Knuckles." / Tails: Because you have those pointy "knuckle" things on your gloves?"
- Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (24 December 2016). "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 59. Boomerang.
- Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.
- Saisselin, Peter (10 June 2017). "Lightning Bowler Society". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 83. Boomerang.
- Freiberger, Sam (5 August 2017). "Victory". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 91. Boomerang.
- Which Sonic Character Are You?. Facebook. Retrieved on 20 February 2015. "You are Knuckles! You're strong, determined, and at times a bit goofy. While you may seem to have a tough personality on the outside, you are a softy on the inside and very loyal to your friends."
- Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (14 September 2015). Retrieved on 15 September 2015. "The ROoNCo: Ice breath, heat vision, flying into space and smiling at the camera, why does Knuckles think he's Superman? / Bill Freiberger: Because he has a big ego."
- Sonic Boomcast Episode 8: Welcome to Freibergers. Sonic Boomcast (25 March 2015). Retrieved on 26 March 2015.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 January 2015). "Dude, Where's My Eggman?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 10. Cartoon Network.
- Sanzaru Games (September 27, 2016). Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. Nintendo 3DS. Sega. Level/Area: Sonic's Shack. "Knuckles’ Fantasyland: In “Dude, Where’s My Eggman?” we get to see how Knuckles’ mind works. In his head, he possesses the ability of flight as well as some wicked fireball skills. In fact, our sources tell us that his power level might even be over 9000!!!!!!!"
- Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (10 September 2017). "Vector Detector". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 96. Boomerang.
- Raut-Siezac, Natalys (15 April 2017). "Nominatus Rising". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 75. Boomerang.
- Knuckles - Personnages - Sonic Boom (French). Archived from the original on 7 April 2015. Retrieved on 22 December 2014.
- Milano, Dan (7 March 2015). "How to Succeed in Evil Without Really Trying". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 16. Cartoon Network.
- Flynn, Ian (17 November 2016). "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 58. Boomerang.
- Harrison, Reid (31 October 2015). "Cabin Fever". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 50. Cartoon Network.
- Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (17 October 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- Sonic Boom #2, "Knuckleduster"
- Sellner, Joelle (1 April 2017). "Mombot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 73. Boomerang.
- Sonic Universe #77, "Worlds Unite! Part Five: Everybody in the Same Boat"
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (27 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 4". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 81. Boomerang.
- Harrison, Reid (16 July 2015). "Chili Dog Day Afternoon". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 30. Cartoon Network.
- Saisselin, Peter (29 April 2017). "Do Not Disturb". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 77. Boomerang.
- Polsky, Dave (14 February 2015). "Unlucky Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 13. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- Derrien, Jean-Christophe; Liemt, Romain Van (6 December 2014). "Eggheads". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 8. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (4 February 2017). "Mech Suits Me". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 65. Boomerang.
- Grenier, Benoit (3 December 2016). "Alone Again, Unnaturally". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 56. Boomerang.
- Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- Pugsley, Tom; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (31 January 2015). "Cowbot". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 11. Cartoon Network.
- Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- Joshua Yehl (16 July 2014). Archie To Publish Sonic Boom Comic Book Series. Retrieved on 17 July 2014.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (11 February 2017). "FiendBot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 66. Boomerang.
- Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- Trueheart, Eric (17 July 2015). "Closed Door Policy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 31. Cartoon Network.
- Lieblich, Doug (18 April 2015). "The Curse of Buddy Buddy Temple". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 22. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- Matt Santori-Griffith (23 February 2015). Inteview: SONIC Goes BOOM with Bill Freiberger. Comicosity. Retrieved on 24 February 2015.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- Watson, Mitch (22 November 2014). "Fortress of Squalitude". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 6. Cartoon Network.
- Raut-Siezac, Natalys (15 July 2015). "Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 29. Cartoon Network.
- Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 2. Cartoon Network.
- Sonic Boom #4, "Sticks and Stones"
- Sonic Boom #6, "Everybody's Super Sonic Racing Part One"