- For the version of this group before the Super Genesis Wave, see Kingdom of Acorn (Pre-Super Genesis Wave) and/or Republic of Acorn.
The Kingdom of Acorn is a nation that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a kingdom of Mobians that spans across the Acorn Archipelago.
At some point in history, the kingdom was established on Westside Island, and clashed with the United Federation at some point. Eventually, it came to be ruled by King Nigel Acorn. While he ruled justly, the king made the mistake of trusting Dr. Eggman, who repaid his kindness by banishing him to the Special Zone. Eggman reigned in tyranny over the conquered kingdom for a unknown amount of time before being overthrown by the Freedom Fighters under Sally and Sonic the Hedgehog. The king was subsequently rescued and restored, and pledged his kingdom towards opposing the Eggman Empire. Most of the kingdom's holdings were apparently reclaimed following Eggman's defeat, but a unit of his Egg Army retained a foothold in the Metropolis Zone.
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where the Kingdom of Acorn's original timeline ended.
King Acorn was briefly usurped again when he was captured by a depowered Walter Naugus, who used technology stolen from Eggman to imprison him. Naugus then coerced Nicole the Holo-Lynx into an effort to regain his lost magical powers. During an attack by the monstrous Tails Doll on the city, however, Naugus' memories of the unaltered timeline were restored, and he fled the city in terror. This allowed Sonic and Tails to free King Acorn and restore him to his throne, having recovered NICOLE and destroyed the Tails Doll beforehand. Later, the Shattered World Crisis found the kingdom largely spared the ill effects of the planet breaking up.
- ↑ Sonic Universe #87, "Shattered Part One: Closing In
- ↑ Sonic/Mega Man Free Comic Book Day 2014, "Sonic Comic Origins: Sally--The Exiled Leader"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #255, "Countdown to Chaos Part Three: The Rabbot"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #252, "At All Costs Part 2: A New Lease on Life"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #257, "Damage Control"