The Kick Attack, also known as just Kick (キック Kikku?), is one of Rouge the Bat's signature moves which was introduced in Sonic Adventure 2. The equivalent to Knuckles' Punch Attack, it is a kick combo which has served as the foundation for Rouge's close combat-oriented attacks.
When performing the Kick Attack, Rouge must be standing on the ground. She will then deliver a combo of rapid and powerful kicks to the opponents in front of her.
Sonic Adventure 2
The Kick Attack first appeared in Sonic Adventure 2 as Rouge's three-hit combo attack.
- 1. Combo Move: Rouge swings her left leg and delivers a low kick.
- 2. Combo Move: Rouge follows up with a slightly higher swing with her right leg.
- 3. Combo Move: Rouge finishes by jumping into the air while kicking in front with both legs in a rapid manner.
The Kick Attack can be enhanced with the Iron Boots, making it powerful enough to destroy iron crates. It is performed in gameplay by pressing the Action Button up to three times in succession.
Shadow the Hedgehog
In the Nintendo GameCube and PlayStation 2 version of Shadow the Hedgehog, Rouge can perform the Kick Attack when playing as her using the second controller. In this game, the Kick Attack consists of a two-kick combo, where Rouge kicks forward with her right foot and follows up with a kick in the opposite direction with the same foot.
- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (Nintendo GameCube) United States instruction booklet, pg. 16. "Punch/Kick Attack: You can break a wodden box or defeat the enemy in front of you. Press the B button continuously to make 3 different types of punches (kicks for Rouge)."
- Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast) United States instruction booklet, pg. 10. "Punch (Knuckles)/Kick (Rouge) (): You can break a wooden box or defeat the enemy in front of you."