Catherine Davis "Kate" Higgins is an American voice actress, singer and jazz pianist who has done voice work for the English dub of the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Kate grew up in Auburn, Alabama. Her major voice roles have been in English-language adaptations of Japanese anime, and she is best known as the voice of Sakura Haruno in Naruto. She has also voiced C.C. in Code Geass and Saber in the original Fate/stay Night. Between 2010 and 2013, she voiced Tails in the video game series Sonic the Hedgehog.
She also voices Kate, Stinky, and Lilly in the Alpha and Omega sequels. She became the voice of Ami Mizuno / Sailor Mercury in the Viz English dub of Sailor Moon in 2014, as well as the voice of Mario character Pauline in Super Mario Odyssey in 2017, for which she also performed the in-character vocals for the game's theme song, "Jump Up, Super Star!" and Starla in Nick Jr.'s Blaze and the Monster Machines.
Kate earned a degree in music from Auburn University in 1991. She is a trained pianist who studied with the jazz artist Bob Richardson. She plays piano and has worked as a sideperson for many musicians. She released the first jazz album by her own name The Tide is Low in 2002. The second jazz album is Stealing Freedom. She is also in a band called Upper Structure. This features the same lineup as Melissa Fahn's R&B band in her album Avignon. They released one album called 6 by 5.
- Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon Crystal - Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
- Glitter Force - Chloe/Glitter Breeze
- Naruto - Sakura Haruno, Sexy Technique
- Zatch Bell! - Megumi Oumi, Kolulu, Laila
- Digimon Data Squad - Miki Kurosaki
- Jackie Chan Adventures - Simone Magus
- Wolverine and the X-Men - Scarlet Witch, Pixie
- The Legend of Korra - Toph Beifong
- Sofia the First - Aurora
- Blaze & the Monster Machines - Starla
- Dead or Alive series - Tina Armstrong, Momiji
- Valkyria Chronicles - Cordelia Gi Randgriz, Martha Lipponen, Freesia York
- Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition - Lady
- Fire Emblem Awakening - Lissa
- Super Mario series - Pauline (2017–present)
- Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps
- Sonic the Hedgehog series:
Kate is one of the most well received castings of the 2010 recasting, with many fans praising her as the best Tails voice yet for sounding like a boy, a criticism common of that her precursor, and for being able to emote properly, a common criticism of the adventure castings. In the review of Sonic Free Riders by IGN they had praised the new voices especially Tails' saying that he finally sounds like a boy.
- Apparently Kate auditioned for the role as Tails for Sonic Boom, but did not get the part for unknown reasons. She also had a feeling she would not get the part.
- It is currently unknown why she was auditioning or replaced for Sonic Boom as she had been voicing Tails during development and the other current cast had reprised their roles. Additionally, while Kate returned to voice Wave in Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, she did not voice Tails in the same game, the latter still being played by Colleen O'Shaughnessey.
- Sonic Official - Season 5 Episode 6 (33:18). YouTube. Sonic the Hedgehog (19 August 2021). Retrieved on 20 August 2021.
- Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate releasing September 7th. Sonic Retro (4 June 2021). Retrieved on 11 July 2021.
- Kate Higgins at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.