Karl is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He was a Mobian weasel who once worked with Nack the Weasel, but was later killed by Nack himself.
Karl was very similar to Nack in terms of appearance and body proportions. Karl, however, had red fur instead of purple, brown eyes, a chip missing from one of his ears, small stubbles around his muzzle, a scar across his left eye, and black dreadlocks. His attire consisted of a torn black tanktop with a golden crown emblazoned on the front, fingerless black gloves with belt straps, an elaborate brown belt, and long black boots.
Karl was once a henchmen working alongside Nack the Weasel, Konor and Jeff when Nack abducted Sally Acorn. After Sally was successfully knocked out and grabbed by the weasels, Karl, Nack and Konor made their escape while Jeff was captured for interrogation. Karl, Nack and Konor arrived at an old mansion passed on through Nack's family, where they planned to hold Sally hostage and make the Acorn family pay ransom for her return. Sally managed to lure Nack into a false sense of security before knocking him out and making an effort to escape. Karl and Konor gave chase, but before they could shoot her, Sonic the Hedgehog arrived and subdued them. Karl and Konor were later brought back and imprisoned with Jeff, while Nack managed to flee the scene and avoid incarceration altogether.
Some time later, Nack was imprisoned after his failed assassination attempt on Mina Mongoose. Threatened with being put in the same cell as Karl, Jeff and Konor if he did not reveal who hired him, Nack squealed on Dr. Eggman. Nack was captured later, only to find Karl and the gang bulked up and very displeased about being left behind. Later, when Nack escaped from his cell, he went to the prison kitchen and poisoned the food, which resulted in the death of Karl.
Powers and abilities
Karl once wielded a fairly old-fashioned handheld piston gun which used regular bullets. He also carried a small pocket knife around on his left leg.
- Karl was never named during his appearance in the comic, but his name was given in a story script. He is specifically named after the writer of his debut arc.
- In Sonic the Hedgehog #163, Nack states he planned to "Hit the kitchen on my way out and leave my former gang buddies a little 'gift'". Because it was not specified in the issue clearly, writer Ian Flynn elaborate in a Q&A that Nack poisoned the prison food, thus killing off Karl, Jeff, and Konor.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Nack the Weasel"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #122, "Heart Held Hostage"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #123, "Heart Held Hostage Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #153, "Songoose Part 1 of 2"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #163, "The Darkest Storm Part Two: Onset of the Squall"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (21 June 2006). Ian Inquiries - Additional Extension!. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.