Kar Leung is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It was a Mobian village located in the Dragon Kingdom thousands of miles east from Mobotropolis.
Years ago, a group of settlers from Kar Leung immigrated to form the village of Leung West on the outskirts of the Kingdom of Acorn. In 3236, Monkey Khan had moved to the village as it was his ancestral homeland. However, Dr. Eggman invaded the village later that year, rendering Khan unconscious while rounding up the village's population and roboticized them, including General Hunn. Although Monkey Khan managed to escape and chase off Eggman, the village was reduced to a "burning ghost town" as Eggman flew off with the captured Robians.
- Despite the similarity in names, Ian Flynn has stated he considers Kar Leung and Leung Kar to be two different locations. They would later be listed as two different locations in Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia.
- Ian Flynn has stated that "Presumably, this was the village that the colonists left behind to establish Leung West."
- The name "Kar Leung" might come from the name of the famous Hong Kong martial arts filmmaker, choreographer, and actor Lau Kar-leung.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #86, "Against the Haunted Past"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #87, "Against the Haunted Past Part Two"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (17 May 2009). Dragon Kingdom, Yagyu Ninja and Kar Leung discussions. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "World Map"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (16 May 2009). Ian Flynn. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.