In Another Time, In Another Place, sometimes referred to as On Another Day And Another Adventure, is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is an alternate version of Mobius Prime derived from the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series.
The In Another Time, In Another Place universe looks similar to Mobius Prime, sharing the same inhabitants (such as Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Eggman) and locations (such as Green Hill Zone and Little Planet). However, the story of the In Another Time, In Another Place follows more closely that from the mainline Sonic the Hedgehog video game titles, serving as adaptations for that series' video games, sharing events that include, but are not limited to, the Little Planet incident and the Time Eater incident.
- Dr. Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park
- Little Planet
- Sonic's world
- Starlight Carnival
List of stories
While most of the short stories are tie-in adaptations to the Sonic video game series, there are a few non-video game stories that takes place in the world of "In Another Time, In Another Place". The only example of this being in Sonic the Hedgehog #242, whereas the story was a 2012 London Olympic Games tie-in with the Sonic the Hedgehog comics. That is so far the only time a story from the "In Another Time, In Another Place" does not have a video-game tie-in. However, a video game called Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games does take place at the 2012 Olympic Games.
- Sonic the Hedgehog #191 ("Invaders from Beyond"): Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood adaption
- Sonic the Hedgehog #193 ("Sonic Unleashed!"): Sonic Unleashed adaption
- Sonic the Hedgehog #197 ("Knight Time"): Sonic and the Black Knight adaption
- Sonic the Hedgehog #219 ("Sonic Colors"): Sonic Colors adaption
- Sonic the Hedgehog #230 ("Sonic Generations"): Sonic Generations adaption
- Sonic Super Special Magazine #3 ("Time for a Comeback"): Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II adaption
- Sonic Universe #45 ("Racing for the Stars"): Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed adaption
- Sonic the Hedgehog #242 ("Olympic Trials"): 2012 London Olympic Games tie-in
- This universe was introduced in order for the comic to feature tie-in stories to the latest Sonic video games that take place in their own, self-contained setting rather than interrupting the narrative of the main Archie Sonic universe. The universes name is taken from the line that opens each of these stories "In another time, in another place...".
- Interestingly, Archie Comics' original Sonic the Hedgehog characters, i.e. Sally Acorn, are never mentioned nor present in the "In Another Time, In Another Place" stories, thus proving that the stories take place in their own Zone.
- While the name of Sonic's home planet in this universe is never stated, the presence of a USA banner at the Olympic stadium in Sonic #242 implies that they may live on a version of Earth.
- It has never been stated whether or not this zone was a part of the literal Archie Sonic multiverse (i.e. under the jurisdiction of the Zone Cops). As such, its status following the Super Genesis Wave is unknown.