Imperial City is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by IDW Publishing. It is a city on Sonic's world that that became ruins after the war between the Eggman Empire and the Resistance. It belongs to Dr. Eggman.
Imperial City was once a city filled with technology. Now, however, it lies in ruins and is filled with nothing but wreckage.
Imperial City served as one of Eggman's main territories during the war between the Eggman Empire and the Resistance. When he lost the war to Sonic and the Resistance, this city was left in ruin.
- According to writer Ian Flynn in a post on Twitter, the name of the city comes from the location, Imperial Tower, from the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series where it first appeared in Sonic Forces which was located within the Eggman Empire Fortress. The city itself is a more general location where the Imperial Tower was located.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #5, "The Fate of Dr. Eggman, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #1, "Fallout, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #7, "Meet the New Boss"
- ↑ Ian Flynn on Twitter. Twitter (7 August 2018). Retrieved on 8 August 2018. “Andrew DeCrescenzo: @IanFlynnBKC Quick question, hopefully you can answer this outside the @BumbleKast, was Imperial City in issue 5 the same as the Imperial Tower in Sonic Forces? Or perhaps a more general location where the Imperial Tower was located? Thanks / Ian Flynn: Yes”