[Scene: Seaside Island, day]
- [The scene begins with a battle between Sonic and Eggman's Obliterator Bot. Sonic knocks the head off Obliterator Bot.]
- Sonic: That all you got?
- Dr. Eggman: Ha. You were so distracted with phase one of my plan that phase two was executed right under your noses! Behold! [Points to the right] Made you look.
- [Eggman flees to his lair in his Eggmobile.]
[Scene Change: Eggman's Lair, day.]
- [A sulking Eggman returns to his lair, meeting up with Orbot and Cubot]
- Cubot: So... How was your defeat?
- Orbot: Uh... he means to say how was your evenly matched battle?
- Dr. Eggman: Oh, you know, pretty evenly matched. If we were going at a point system I probably would've won. [sulks]
- Orbot: A theoretical victory is the second best kind. Why not celebrate with a nice hot cup of tea?
- [Orbot hands over a cup of tea to Eggman]
- Dr. Eggman: I've thrown everything I can at that blue gopher. There's gotta be something I haven't tried yet. [Stares at the cup of tea] That's it! [To Orbot and Cubot] What is it that Sonic's most afraid of?
- Orbot: That someone will discover he secretly sneaks down to the lair basement to put on costumes and sing show tunes?
- Dr. Eggman: A good guess but no. He's afraid of water. I can't defeat Sonic because we always face each other on land.
- Cubot: Yeah, that's the reason.
- Dr. Eggman: Time for a musical montage.
- Orbot: [singing] Oh, myyyy...
- Dr. Eggman: No show tunes!
- Orbot: [sighs]
- [Rock music plays. Eggman draws out a plan, and assembles his invention while Orbot and Cubot are dressed up in rock costumes while playing the guitar and keyboard respectively. It is then revealed that Eggman has built a washing machine.]
- Dr. Eggman: As soon as my lucky shorts are clean, we'll put my plan into effect. I'll confront Sonic under water!
[Scene Change: Seaside Island, beach, day.]
- [Sonic, Amy and Knuckles are relaxing on sun beds. Tails teaches Sticks how to play chess.]
- Tails: Allright. Let's start with the basics. This is a pawn.
- Sticks: Don't kid yourself. [Snatches the pawn] We're all pawns in the big chessboard of life.
- [Suddenly the ground shakes. An octopus lands on Tails' head.]
- Sticks: I'm starting to like this game!
- [Fish come falling down from the sky and land on the beach.]
- Amy: Holy mackerel. It's raining minnow!
- Tails: [inside octopus] Hallelujah.
- [Knuckles fills up a crate with seawater. He throws the crate to Sonic, who begins catching falling fish with it.]
- Sonic: Well. That was random.
[The team uses Tails' Plane and set off to investigate the source of the quakes. Knuckles is attached to the back of the plane, flying with the aid of a parachute]
- Knuckles: This must be what birds feel like! Look at me! I'm a penguin!
- [The HUD signal sounds.]
- Tails: We're closing in on the source.
- [Tails stalls the plane, causing Knuckles to hit the back of the plane and fall down. He then gets hit by a periscope rising out of the water. The periscope blares at Team Sonic, forcing them all to cover their ears.]
- Dr. Eggman: [Off-screen] Uh, test. 1212. Looks like you found me, Sonic, and just as I was about to create a giant wave to flood the entire Village, destroying everything. Guess you'll have to come down here and stop me.
- Knuckles: [Off-screen shouting] What did he say?
- Amy: Let's get him!
- Sonic: Ah-ha. N-Now Amy... W-We don't want to get ahead of ourselves. He might be bluffing.
- Knuckles: [Off-screen shouting] Who's making stuffing?
- Tails: I'm detecting some unusual seismic activity. It'll lead to a devastating tidal wave in less than eight hours.
- Sticks: We gotta do something!
- Sonic: Whoa, whoa! Where's the fire? We got eight hours. Say why don't we hit up Meh Burger for some munchies, huh? Don't want to fight on an empty stomach, am I right? [clears throat] Am I right?
- Tails: Okay...
- [Tails' Plane flies towards Seaside Island, leaving Eggman alone.]
- Dr. Eggman: Hey. Where you goin'? Evil plan over here. Need some thwarting!
- [Knuckles bumps into some rocks, and then gets struck by a seagull.]
- Knuckles: Outta the way, penguin!
[Scene Change: Underwater]
- Dr. Eggman: They'll be back. A hero can't allow his village to be devastated. I think it's in their manual or something. I'll just have to wait it out. [grunts] I should have brought a Sudoku.
[Scene Change: Outside Tails' Workshop, day.]
- Sonic: So, what do you guys want to do after this? Catch the new Tommy Thunder flick? Play some volleyball. Maybe master every instrument in the orchestra?
- Tails: I was thinking maybe we stop Eggman.
- Sonic: Safety first, Tails. What is it they say: you can't swim for at least three hours after a meal?
- Amy: Sonic, you're stalling.
- Sonic: Stalling? Not stalling. Why would I stall? I hate stalling. In fact here's a list of the things I like better than stalling: Root beer coloring books, bean burritos first day of spring, second day of spring, third day of spring...
- Tails: Ahem.
- [The rest of the Team Sonic members smile and blink at Sonic.]
- Sonic: Fine. I admit it. I still can't swim. I never took those lessons at the community pool.
- Amy: Sonic, you promised!
- Sonic: They wanted to put me in the beginner's class with the little kids. I can't be swimming around with a bunch of five year-olds. They can be so cruel when they sense weakness.
- Knuckles: That's why on the first day, you have to beat up the biggest one in the yard.
- Amy: Knuckles, that's prison.
- Knuckles: Only if you let me.
- Tails: I suspected Eggman might try something like this one day.
- [Tails dashes off and reveals some high-tech wetsuits on a clothesline.]
- Tails: That's why I created these!
- Sticks: Good thinking, Tails! We'll stuff these with leaves, dump them in the ocean and start a new life two towns over.
- Tails: [Shaking his head] No, they're high-tech wetsuits for battling Eggman underwater.
- Sticks: Fine. We'll go with Plan B.
[Scene Change: Seaside Island, beach, day.]
- [Sonic, in his wetsuit, is standing next to the water preparing himself.]
- Sonic: All right. Here I go!
- [Sonic prepares to run into the water but stays still, shaking his head in fear.]
- Tails: Maybe you need a little boost.
- [Tails, Knuckles and Sticks try to push Sonic in the water while Sonic tries to resist.]
- Sonic: No no no.
- Amy: This is more serious than we thought. We need to call in a professional.
[Scene Change: Amy's House, day.]
- Soar: So tell me everything, and don't let the fact that I'm an award winning journalist stop you from sharing your innermost secrets and fears.
- [Tails, Knuckles and Sticks frown at Soar.]
- Sticks: Award winning?
- Soar: Just because they give them to everyone who participates doesn't mean they're not awards. Hmm... Now, the thing to remember here is water is not scary.
- [Soar dips his finger in a glass of water and reveals it to himself.]
- Soar: Just regular harmless H2O.
- [Soar flicks his finger, releasing droplets of water on a nearby electric socket and causing a fire.]
- Amy: Argh! Put it out, put it out!
- [Knuckles, Sonic, Tails and Sticks all try to put out the fire. Amy sprays a fire extuingisher. The foam covers the fire but also covers the rest of Team Sonic. They all breathe a sigh of relief.]
- Soar: Bad example.
[Scene Change: The Sea, day.]
- [Sonic is in on a rowing boat with Soar.]
- Soar: If you follow the steps of my patented system, I guarantee you'll be in the water in no time. Step 1...
- [Soar pushes Sonic in the water and departs, leaving Sonic thrashing about in the water with a rubber duck around his waist, keeping him afloat.]
- Soar: [From a distance] You'll probably be fine!
- Sonic: Guh No! I can't swim! Those five-year-olds were right! Cruel, but right. [Realizing he is still afloat] Oh yeah. This thing floats. Allright. I'll just stay here until someone comes to rescue me.
- [The back of Sonic's head quill pierces the rubber duck, deflating it.]
- Sonic: Or maybe I can face my fears.
- [Sonic breaks the rubber duck and dives into the water. Tails' Plane lines up above Sonic. Amy and Knuckles dive into the water and find Sonic.]
- Amy: We're here, Sonic. How are you handling things?
- Sonic: This isn't so bad. It's actually kind of okay. I totally got this. Wha?
- [Sonic gets touched by a fish and screams like a girl. Knuckles looks at him.]
- Sonic: Just testing the elasticity of the suit.
- Tails: Keep swimming north. Eggman's pod should be straight ahead.
- Sticks: [Snatching the earpiece off Tails] And if you come across any sea people, you don't know me. Capisce?
- [Knuckles, Sonic and Amy arrive at Eggman's pod. Eggman is sleeping inside the pod. Amy taps on it.]
- Amy: Look who conquered his fear and is here to thwart your evil plan.
- Dr. Eggman: Good for you. I'm glad you're not the least bit concerned about the millions of tons of water all around you.
- [Sonic looks around, worryingly.]
- Dr. Eggman: Yep. No oxygen down here. Not even a bubble. Nothing but water in every direction. Oh, and also Crab Bots.
- [Crab Bots emerge from the sea and head towards Sonic, Knuckles and Amy.]
- Amy: Time to kick some Crab-butt! Hold on, I'm coming. Just a sec.
- [Amy swings her hammer towards the approaching Crab Bots, but the water makes her too slow, allowing the Crab Bot in the front to easily dodge the attack. Amy flinches and loses her hammer as the same Crab Bot tries to hit back. Knuckles tries punching a Crab Bot, but is too slow, allowing it to crawl away.]
- Knuckles: Hey, come back! You're supposed to be crushified! Sonic, a little help here!
- Sonic: Like a fish out of water in water. [His flipper gets nipped by a Crab Bot's pincer] Ow! Quit it! It pinches.
- [With the Crab Bots chasing him, Sonic swims through some seaweed, trapping them]
- Sonic: OK. This isn't so hard.
- [Eggman fires a laser from his underwater pod which explodes a coral reef. The rocks from the reef trap Sonic at the bottom of the sea, rendering him unable to move.]
- Sonic: [struggling] Come on!
- Knuckles: Hang tight, Sonic!
- Amy: Ugh!
[Amy and Knuckles continue to deal with the Crab Bots. One Crab Bot approaches Sonic and prepares to attack him with its pincer. The pincer cuts through his air hose. Amy notices and panics]
- Amy: Tails, red alert! Sonic's air hose has been cut!
- Tails: I didn't bring a spare, but... Maybe we can use the hose from the plane's cooling system.
- [Sticks snatches the hose.]
- Sticks: I'll bring it to Sonic.
- Tails: But you don't have a wetsuit!
- Sticks: I don't need a wetsuit.
- [Sticks dives down into the water and swims in search of Sonic, but gets her foot tangled in some seaweed. Meanwhile, Sonic gasps for air while Amy and Knuckles are getting overrun by Crab Bots. Sticks eventually breaks free. Sticks then steps on a Crab Bot, giving Amy the spare hose. Knuckles also breaks free of a Crab Bot. Sticks swims back up to the top of the sea to catch her breath, while Amy and Knuckles swim towards Sonic. Amy connects the spare hose to Sonic's oxygen supply. Both Amy and Knuckles lift the rocks trapping Sonic out of the way.]
- Sonic: Did they mention how much I hate water?!
- Dr. Eggman: Aw, are you having a rough time, Sonic? Wanna take a break? Well, too bad, 'cause here they come. The newest minions on Team Eggman: Shark Bots!
- [Four shark bots emerge from behind some rocks.]
- Sonic: Hey chump bucket! This way!
- [Sonic lures two Shark Bots together and make reins out of seaweed, trapping them together and riding them like a jockey.]
- Sonic: Yeah! Haha! Giddy up! Tails, where am I taking these guys?
- Tails: There's a weak spot at the bottom right hand side of Eggman's Wave Machine.
[Sonic redirects the Shark Bots with the reins towards Eggman's underwater pod. With two Shark Bots behind him, he swoops over Eggman, causing the following Shark Bots to hit the pod, breaking the glass on his pod. Sonic then directs the Shark Bots towards the weak spot and lets go of the reins. The Shark Bots strike the weak spot, causing an explosion that blows Sonic back and tips the wave machine over.]
- Tails: Great hit, Sonic! Now the machine is facing away from our village!
- Amy: It's gonna blow. We gotta get out of here!
- [Knuckles and Amy, dragging Sonic, swim to the top of the sea and make their way up to Tails' Plane.]
- Dr. Eggman: I have a feeling some bad is going to happen.
- [Tails' Plane flies away from the explosion, while Eggman is caught in the wave produced by the explosion. Eggman screams like a girl. Later, Eggman finds himself flushed ashore on his island, and sees his lair has been destroyed by the flood.]
- Dr. Eggman: Geeze. Hope I remembered to renew my flood insurance policy.
[Scene Change: Outside Tails' Workshop, day.]
- Tails: Well, Sonic. Aren't you glad you overcame your fears?
- Sonic: Overcame?! Are you crazy?! They've all be magnified tenfold! It was the scariest thing I've ever done! I never want to see water again!
- Soar: Step 2...
- [Soar splashes water from a glass on Sonic, infuriating him]
- Soar: ...Is this a bad time to ask for my check?