- The second half of the Metal Virus Saga epilogue. With all the chaos of the recent past still fresh in everyone's minds, Dr. Eggman launches a new assault-determined to take down his enemies once and for all.
Recovery, Part 2
- Story: Ian Flynn
- Art: Adam Bryce Thomas
- Colors: Matt Herms
- Letters: Shawn Lee
- Assistant Editor: Riley Farmer
- Editor: David Mariotte
- Special thanks to: Mai Kiyotaki, Michael Cisneros, Sandra Jo, Sonic Team, and everyone at Sega for their invaluable assistance
In Spiral Hill Village, Dr. Eggman has crashed the group's celebration while piloting a larger and more weaponized Omega. He thanks them as they have gathered all in one place, making it easier for him to destroy them. Whisper turns to Amy for orders, only for the hedgehog to say that she was no longer leading the Restoration and passed it off to Jewel. Whisper then asks Jewel for orders but the cowering beetle tells her that she does not know and everyone else were the hero types. Behind a building, the Babylon Rogues watch and Wave asks what they should do. Jet says that they already helped the heroes once, so this time they will leave them to handle Eggman while they help themselves to some gems and leave. Nearby, Big calls out for Froggy.
Vector assumes the role of leader for the fight against Eggman and orders Tails to try and mess with the mecha's programming with his Miles Electric. He then tells the fliers of the group to try and bust into the mech's cockpit. The rest of the crew were grouped with him to aim for the leg joints and bring the mech down. The Babylon Rogues enter the Mineral Museum but find no gems present. Unbeknownst to them, Rouge had confiscated them all so that they would not get to them; she notes that it would hurt her returning them but it was worth it for just that moment. Gemerl flies quickly at Eggman, declaring that he will not menace Cream further. The young rabbit yells for Gemerl to be careful, only for Eggman to electrify him with tethers and pull him into the mech's mouthplate. This forcibly makes Gemerl adapt with the mech in Eggman's favor of an upgrade; the doctor laughs about this, stating that he now had twice the combat coding and processing power—a quadruple power-up overall. He then launches a barrage of missiles alongside a large laser.
In Blaze's world, at the Imperial Palace, Blaze welcomes "Mr. Needlemouse" back from his jog around the island. Gardon and Blaze take slight gladness in the fact that Sonic was even running again. Gardon brought a case to Blaze and questioned if she was sure it would work. Blaze says no as the nature of Sonic's arrival and memory loss are all a mystery and anything they attempt will have a degree of uncertainty to it. However, she has faith in the power of the Sol Emeralds, and as their guardian, only she may use their power for this task. Blaze assumes her form as Burning Blaze and calls Sonic's attention to her; she begins to chant that the Sol Emeralds will help him to remember and asks that he gaze into the sacred fire and have it fuel the winds of his spirit. Adding on to this, she asks Sonic to return to them and return to the hero she knows him to be. "Mr. Needlemouse" asks what she was talking about and questions why she was on fire. However, looking at the fire around him and seeing past memories, he begins to ask why it was so familiar.
Back in Sonic's world, Rouge asks Tails if he had plan. He says that he wrote some code that should interfere with the mecha's systems and eject Gemerl. However, there was no wireless receiver, meaning he would have to use a hard line to upload it. As breaking and entering was Rouge's thing, she was prepared to help. On Tails' count, he and Rouge fly in and look for an access panel on the mecha. The bat notes that the construction on the machine was pretty shoddy, meaning that Eggman had thrown it together in a hurry and probably did not have much to hide. Rouge successfully manages to find an access panel, allowing Tails to hook his Miles Electric up to it. Tails' code does its job and eject Gemerl from the mecha. When Charmy and Cream check up on him, Gemerl initiates a system reboot. Tails notes to Rouge that Omega was literally part of the mecha; when Rouge asks him to get him out, the fox says that he is trying but he was hardwired into the chassis. As Tails mentions trying to see if there was an ejection protocol, Eggman spots the pair, opens his cockpit, gets a laser gun and shoots directly at them. Rouge manages to move Tails out of the way in time.
Omega's primary systems return online, while his secondary programming was active. He found conflict within himself as he wanted to both destroy Eggman and destroy Eggman's enemies. Due to this, the barrage of projectiles stopped, giving the others time to directly attack the mecha head on. Cheese hits Eggman on the head, prompting him to close up the cockpit again. He dials in an input to put Omega under his control again. Charmy tries telling Omega to fight him but the robot's systems are overridden, allowing the mecha to try swing at the bee. Luckily for him, he dodges the attack.
In Blaze's world, Burning Blaze returns to normal and asks Sonic how he felt as he hunched over. After a short pause, the hedgehog gets up and says that he feels like he did too many loop-de-loops in a row, but definitely a lot less warped. With his memories finally restored, Sonic thanks Blaze for her help. She is glad that Sonic has returned to normal and asks if he remembers if his world was all right. Though it was fuzzy, Sonic recalls handling events with Silver. Blaze mentions that in "handling it", Sonic crash-landed in her garden with amnesia. As the cat glares at him, Sonic nervously says that she knows how he likes to make an entrance and apologizes. Sonic then says that he did not say goodbye to the others before leaving; knowing that everyone would be worried, Sonic asks if Blaze could send him back home. Blaze accepts, asking him to give her best to Amy and Cream. He acknowledges this but asks that she come visit soon as they all miss having her around. Blaze thanks him and says that she will. With this, Blaze uses her power to send Sonic back to his world.
In Spiral Hill Village, Eggman's states that the group put up a good fight against him but it was time for him to raze them and the village to the ground. Before he can do this, Sonic arrives in a burst of fire and asks if they missed him. Looking at an injured Tails and a shocked Eggman in his new mecha, Sonic notes that he was unfashionably late. Asking Tails for an update, he states that Eggman was using Omega as the core for a bigger mecha. Getting the message, Sonic jumps onto the mecha much to Eggman's protest. He attacks the mecha's center at a high velocity before finally getting behind Omega and pushing him out. Free from Eggman's clutches, Omega unleashes a barrage of gunfire at the mecha, completely destroying it. Eggman flies out of the mecha in his Egg Mobile in time before this occurs. Omega falls apart after being severely weakened; when Sonic tells him that he did well, the robot asks him not to patronize him. An angered Eggman rhetorically asks that Sonic could not just stay gone and he had to ruin his fun. Sonic replies with an "Always" and he would do it anytime and anywhere. He tells Eggman to come a little close so that they could go another round. The doctor nervously sweats, asking if Sonic was still sore about getting infected and nearly becoming a Zombot; the hedgehog confirms that this was on the list. Mumbling, Eggman states that he still ruined the party so the day was his. Flying away in his Egg Mobile, he states that his next sinister plot will be unbeatable. Eggman and Sonic say their goodbyes, with Sonic saying to himself that maybe Eggman will eventually come around.
Sonic is suddenly hugged by an overjoyed Amy, who says she was worried she would never see him again; he brushes it off, saying how it was just a little "cataclysmic, reality-bending explosion" and he was fine. He adds that Blaze says "hey." Tails joins in on the hug, saying that he knew Sonic would be back. Tangle pops by, asking if they were getting their victorious group hug on. When Sonic confirms it, Tangle uses her tail to wrap everyone into one group hug around Sonic. Jewel comes by, prompting Tangle to say that she missed her and she could wedge in between her and Sonic. However, Jewel just wanted to point out that the town was still on fire. Sonic states that this was easily fixed and tells Tangle that her home town was invasion-prone; the lemur replies saying that her town was perfectly boring until he showed up. Following this, Sonic and Tangle begin putting out the fires with pails of water. "He never stops, does he?" Amy asks Tails, to which he says "Nope!" and neither should they. The two then join the others in putting out the fires. Eventually, with all the fires put out, Sonic sits on a roof by himself. He thinks that it is good to be back and healthy. He hopes that Silver and Blaze can come back to his world and not have to deal with some sort of disaster. As the sun rises, Sonic knows that a new day meant new adventures. There was no more lying around for him; Sonic runs out of the town, rushing off to see what came next.
- Amy Rose
- Babylon Rogues
- Big the Cat
- Blaze the Cat
- Cream the Rabbit
- Dr. Eggman
- Froggy (Mentioned)
- Silver the Hedgehog (Mentioned)
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Super Sonic (Flashback)
- Team Dark
- Blaze's dimension
- Sonic's dimension
- Continued from the previous issue, Dr. Eggman has invaded Spiral Hill Village with a new mecha that implements Omega.
- Amy recalls passing administration duties of the Restoration to Jewel which occurred in the previous issue.
- Sonic is still in Blaze's world. He first arrived there in Sonic the Hedgehog #30, "Cured".
- Sonic recalls saving the world with Silver in Sonic the Hedgehog #29, "All or Nothing, Part 4".
- Sonic's disappearance is brought up again, which first occurred in Sonic the Hedgehog #29, "All or Nothing, Part 4".
- Eggman recalls Sonic getting infected, which first happened in Sonic the Hedgehog #15, "Patient Zero".
- Sonic recalls the previous times Spiral Hill Village has been invaded, namely in Sonic the Hedgehog #4, "Fallout, Part 4" and Sonic the Hedgehog #24, "The Last One Out".
- The pose Sonic makes on the first panel of page seventeen references his pose in the character select of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- The way in which Sonic walks toward Dr. Eggman on page sixteen is in reference to the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga, specifically chapter 256. In this chapter, there is a panel in which Jotaro Kujo and DIO walk toward each other to engage in battle. Sonic's walk is based on DIO's pose in this panel.
- Story so far...: "Story so far..." is a summary of the current plotline for the comic.
- Roll Call: Roll Call acts as a quick reference guide to new readers about the characters. This issue provides data files on Amy, Jewel, Tails, Tangle, Whisper, Dr. Eggman, the Chaotix Detective Agency, Cream, Gemerl, Rouge and the Babylon Rogues.
- Sonic Letters Squad: Sonic Letters Squad is a section where the comic staff can post fan artwork and fan letters that have been sent in to them. The other pages showcase raw artwork of each of the variant covers for the issue.
- Team Sonic Racing One-shot - Free Digital Ashcan
- Dr. Eggman: TREMBLE IN FEAR, FOOLS! I AM DR. EGGMAN--GREATEST OF PARTY CRASHERS IN THE FIERCEST OF PARTY CRUSHERS!
- Sonic: It's fuzzy but... Yeah. Things were dicey, but Silver and I handled it.
- Blaze: And in "handling it," you crash-landed in my garden with amnesia.
- Sonic: Heh, well... You know me. I like to make an entrance. Sorry, by the way.
- Omega: Ammo depleted.
- Sonic: S'all good, man. You did your part.
- Omega: Do not patronize me.
- Sonic: A new day means new adventures! So no more lying around... Time to find out what comes next!
- This issue was initially going to be released on 2 September 2020, but was soon moved to 30 September 2020 then to 16 September 2020 and then later to 23 September 2020.
- Cover A is the second piece of the 2-part panoramic connecting cover art by Tracy Yardley and Leonardo Ito.
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #32 CVR A YARDLEY. Previews World (20 March 2020). Retrieved on 8 August 2020.
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #32 CVR B THOMAS. Previews World (20 March 2020). Retrieved on 20 March 2020.
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #32 10 COPY INCV FOURDRAINE. Previews World (20 March 2020). Retrieved on 20 March 2020.