- "The Last One Out" As the Metal Virus spreads, Tangle's hometown of Spiral Hill Village stands as one of the last strongholds of the uninfected. Sonic, Tangle, and the remaining heroes of the Restoration make a stand, but will it be enough?
The Last One Out
Sonic runs towards Spiral Hill Village, remembering that his first visit to the town was during an attack from Dr. Eggman's Badniks, and that things had not changed much since then. As he dashes inside and past some Zombots, he notices that the Restoration has already begun evacuating the uninfected citizens, and decides he should check in with Amy. However, he notices Espio fending off some Zombots on his own and goes over to help him out. Sonic asks him if he is dealing with all the Zombots by himself, to which Espio replies that their numbers have grown thin. He states that Amy and Gemerl are watching the escape shuttle, with Gemerl scanning everyone to make sure they are uninfected. Tails and Cream are airlifting any survivors they can find while Silver, according to what Espio last heard, is managing the outbreak at Ice Paradise on his own, thus leaving the chameleon to contain the Zombots alongside Tangle and Whisper. Concerned, Sonic asks where Vector is.
- Cream the Rabbit
- Dr. Eggman (Mentioned)
- Silver the Hedgehog (Mentioned)
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- On page one, Sonic says that he visited Spiral Hill Village when it was under attack by Dr. Eggman. This is technically incorrect as it was under Neo Metal Sonic's orders that Badniks were to attack the village.
- This issue was initially going to be released on 18 December 2019, but was soon moved to 25 December 2019 instead.
- Cover A featured Marine the Raccoon, Big the Cat, Froggy, Captain Whisker, Captain Jelly, Dodon Pa, a Pecky, a Rocky, a Cucky, a Hero Chao, a Dark Chao, Omochao, a Black Wisp, a Crimson Wisp, a Magenta Wisp, a Purple Wisp, a Gray Wisp, a Jade Wisp, a Klagen, the Interceptor, the Death Queen, a Goal Plate, and the Moon Mech before their actual debut in the comic series.
- The pose in which Sonic and his Zombot form can be seen in on cover A is based on sprite artwork from Sonic Advance 3.
- The pose in which the Zombot Big can be seen in on cover A is based on concept artwork for Big from Sonic Adventure.
- The art style depicted on cover B takes after the art style for the sprites used for previous Sonic the Hedgehog games that were released on the Game Boy Advance.
- The partner icon for Sonic and Tangle seen at the bottom left side corner is a reference to Sonic Advance 3 specifically.
- In relation to cover B, Aaron Hammerstrom stated that the blue color on Sonic's original sprite used did not print well, leading him to use a different shade for him for the cover. He also stated that the design of the cover was based on Evan Stanley's interior artwork for Sonic the Hedgehog #4 and Ghost Town from Sonic Forces.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #24 CVR A GRAY & GRAHAM. Previews World (20 September 2019). Retrieved on 20 September 2019.
- ↑ SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #24 CVR B HAMMERSTROM. Previews World (20 September 2019). Retrieved on 20 September 2019.
- ↑ SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #24 10 COPY INCV FOURDRAINE. Previews World (20 September 2019). Retrieved on 20 September 2019.
- ↑ Aaron Hammerstrom on Twitter. Twitter (20 September 2019). Retrieved on 20 September 2019.
- ↑ Aaron Hammerstrom on Twitter. Twitter (23 September 2019). Retrieved on 23 September 2019.